Quest Hint

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dread
Great Adventurer

Re: Quest Hint

Post by Dread » 17 Jan 2015 07:59

I am trying to figure out the antique sword quest in emerald now, and I have brought Annu everything I can find. Can someone give me a hint please? I am evidently missing something.

Thanks!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Jan 2015 10:08

Dread wrote:I am trying to figure out the antique sword quest in emerald now, and I have brought Annu everything I can find. Can someone give me a hint please? I am evidently missing something.

Thanks!
Its in a cave with orcs :P

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 17 Jan 2015 11:10

Draugor wrote:
Dread wrote:I am trying to figure out the antique sword quest in emerald now, and I have brought Annu everything I can find. Can someone give me a hint please? I am evidently missing something.

Thanks!
Its in a cave with orcs :P
Dirty orcs, wish that Cave had a passage to old ogre Caves and nemesis sword in there.

Make it so!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 17 Jan 2015 12:36

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the weapons the orc captain can have the nemesis sword?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Jan 2015 12:40

gorboth wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the weapons the orc captain can have the nemesis sword?

G.

Onyx sword, Sardonyx katana, mithril scimitar and lance :P No idea if one of them is the nemesis sword :o

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Jan 2015 13:55

gorboth wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the weapons the orc captain can have the nemesis sword?

G.
Well you did ask to be corrected...:) The "new" orc captain has never had the nemesis sword. Draugor listed his choice of weapons quite well I think.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 17 Jan 2015 16:13

He also has a "Spirit Sword" and a "Runed Axe" from time to time. Added to that list Draugor gave.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 17 Jan 2015 18:43

G.
Did you re-use old code and call it your own!!!
Now bring back the octopus quest, I lost my Pearl.

On a serious note, Emerald had a lot of rooms that could easily be brought back without opening all old weird quests.
Just fill them with greenhorne size critters that can be harvested by myself.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 17 Jan 2015 19:07

Thanks for the help everyone, evidently I have been following someone around while questing. I found it this time.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 17 Jan 2015 19:38

OgreToyBoy wrote:

G.
Did you re-use old code and call it your own!!!
Now bring back the octopus quest, I lost my Pearl.

On a serious note, Emerald had a lot of rooms that could easily be brought back without opening all old weird quests.
Just fill them with greenhorne size critters that can be harvested by myself.
I definitely reused old Emerald stuff on the orc captain. That was my goal. Emerald was one of my favorite domains when I was a mortal in 1994-1996. When the old Emerald was closed, I was among the people who really was sad to see it go and missed a lot of the content. When I was a wizard under Shiva there, I was tasked with creating the new Telberin according to his vision for it, and I wanted to re-create my favorite item and quest from old Emerald, the torque. In so doing, Shiva gave me access to all the old code in case there was any I wanted to use. The reason I created the orc captain fight was to have an excuse to put some of the old legacy weapons that I so fondly remembered into the game. The sardonyx katana and the onyx sword used to be some of the best one-handers back in my day. I guess today they are pretty lame, and few care to use them. It is the silly overpowered midnight black fullplate and skull helm that people seem to want to visit the orc captain for, and they grab whatever weapons he has too, without much care for them. I created the mithril detect-undead weapons so there would be something fun and new, based on Elessar's concepts for creating "Sting" from LotR, which he did, but never released into the game.

Okay ... history tangent, but you asked! ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/