Scrollback

Report bugs and suggest new features for the web client here.

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Manglor
Rising Hero

Scrollback

Post by Manglor » 27 Jan 2015 16:36

Any chance we will ever be able to have a scrollback feature like in CMUD? I find it so hard already to keep up with a lot of the action because of the inability to gag certain things from the MUD that it's hard to truly.

Also, the ability to create logs (or even the ability to copy text) would be essential. Example, DO requires logs of all pvp combat. I have zero intentions of entering into pvp, but based on guild rules, I would be subject to disciplinary action for failing to provide a log...simply because I use the tools crafted by the Wizards.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

cotillion
Site Admin

Re: Scrollback

Post by cotillion » 27 Jan 2015 16:59

Requiring logs? That's taking roleplaying to a whole new level...

Oh well, I'm considering the scrollback issue... It's tricky.
Logs are also very tricky in a javascript app.

It should be possible to get copy/paste working fairly easily atleast.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 27 Jan 2015 22:14

cotillion wrote:Requiring logs? That's taking roleplaying to a whole new level...

Oh well, I'm considering the scrollback issue... It's tricky.
Logs are also very tricky in a javascript app.

It should be possible to get copy/paste working fairly easily atleast.
Fair enough, I wasn't sure if I was missing something or it wasn't yet possible. Yeah, that's the council rules. *grin*

I appreciate all the hard work. I'm still willing to pay for improvements to the client. That's taking things to a completely new level! :)

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 30 Jan 2015 22:41

I was just about to post on this, and another issue that is somewhat related.

With Internet Explorer version 11, I cannot copy and paste from the main portion of the mud Window. If there is a reason that I need to copy the events of something (for a log) it is impossible to do so. (This, as you said, is being worked on. I just wanted to report the browser I am seeing it in. I don't have that issue when on a non-work computer and I can use chrome.)

Additionally, in all web browsers, if something happens, the scrollbar immediately jumps back to the bottom. That is very painful. Especially if you are trying to read a wall of text, or review a conversation that (perhaps) you had to step away from the computer during (not all chat messages are captured by the conversation window still). It makes things rather difficult for playing on the web and having certain interaction with people.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 29 Mar 2015 20:01

Any progress on this scroll bar and highlighting?
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 29 Mar 2015 20:14

It's pretty hard to do with JS...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2101 ... javascript

Something to take a look at:

https://github.com/winstonjs/winston

I'm not good enough with JS and all its quirks to provide a simple solution but maybe someone else could think of something.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/