Botting

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Botting

Post by Cherek » 10 Feb 2015 02:00

Alisa wrote: 1: People doing scripts are okay according to rules. Getting called away can happen, no way to determine if it is on purpose or by accident.
My solution, change in the bottest... if you script one area, and not respond untill area finished it is okay. If you script multiple areas without response it is not okay.

2:Allow people to bot, with a tag! So when you bot, you set the tag Botting, and become free target for others. Roleplaying wise, we could make it an event with for instance the darklings from Emerald have figured out a way to braincontrol people, and uses them for their own dark purposes. It gives the botters quite a challenge, and the rest of the players are still subject to the bottest

3: Use the wizard resources other places, and only check those reported to bot. And when Irk answers he isn't botting...(Sorry Irk, couldn't resist considering how many claimed you bot, and the wizzes had to actually write you were cleared)

4:If LD is acceptable for 2 hours, why is idlebotting not? People do LD, because then they can't get attacked... There is even a thread about making the LD period longer. I suggest same as i did in that one... If you are LD, idle-botting(either same room or only move/health commands) for 1 hour or such.... All your items are teleported to the racks of your guild(you should be able to set which guild)

5: Have fun..
2. Not sure I understand. Who would set the tag? The person who bots? Me?

4. Good question. It would be very simple to get around such a teleportation of weapons thing though... But it is kinda odd that you can be LD basically unlimited as long as you log in once every 2 hours, and in theory hold your EQ until armageddon strikes, but you cant idle with EQ. LD does come with a clear risk though, as you can forget to log back in, or lose connection, and you'll probably have to sleep at some point. When idling you dont have to do anything, just set up a trigger. So... thats probably a rule we'd need to keep. Although I think it might be good to specify a time limit. Obviously it's okay to take a bathroom break without LDing and/or dropping your stuff in a rack. Perhaps it would make sense to set the idling limit to 2 hours as well, since its the LD limit... hmm.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 10 Feb 2015 03:33

[quote="Cherek"4. Good question. It would be very simple to get around such a teleportation of weapons thing though... But it is kinda odd that you can be LD basically unlimited as long as you log in once every 2 hours, and in theory hold your EQ until armageddon strikes, but you cant idle with EQ. LD does come with a clear risk though, as you can forget to log back in, or lose connection, and you'll probably have to sleep at some point. When idling you dont have to do anything, just set up a trigger. So... thats probably a rule we'd need to keep. Although I think it might be good to specify a time limit. Obviously it's okay to take a bathroom break without LDing and/or dropping your stuff in a rack. Perhaps it would make sense to set the idling limit to 2 hours as well, since its the LD limit... hmm.[/quote]

Well, Cherek, there ARE players who run scripts in clients to log in, type save and disconnect again every 90 minutes, thus essentially unlimited LD, even when sleeping. And then there are those who idle, and then disconnect and lose items they were carrying, if any, that way.
Flee you fools!

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 10 Feb 2015 07:12

Cherek wrote:2. Not sure I understand. Who would set the tag? The person who bots? Me?
No, the option of setting the flag yourself when you Bot.

Perhaps in the form of setting an afk flag(when called away) and knowing it turns into a pkill justifying BOT flag after 15 minutes of so.

Davvol
Veteran

Post by Davvol » 10 Feb 2015 10:52

Instead of trying to cure symptoms, I would suggest to cure the disease. Problem not in botting, but in heavy grinding. And heavy grinding we have, because Genesis now is about 'who is bigger' so much. Years ago, when you hit champion level (rising hero now, i think) if was "considered" the end of growth, so you are "adult" and can do whatever you want. Also, combat XP reward was much smaller, and "violent" was almost end of the game, so again you have no reason to grind, and start taking fun from adventures.
I believe, we should remove excessed mortal levels and grinding areas for super mythes. As well as death recovery. So, grinding at extremely violent and myth size should be impossible or very slow.
Maxim mortal level should be possible to reach even for total noob by completing 50-70% of the quests and on brutality slightly violent. I think it should be modern titan or hero. Also, all additional stat levels over epic should be removed and from guild titles also. Than, that bunch of new players we have now had a chance to revitalize game in 2-3 months from now, when the all become "top mortal level". All that crazy mithas trolls, qualinesty and such should be downgraded to offer best reward to teams of 2-4 titan sized characters. And there should be content to challenge that smaller ppl to team up.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 10 Feb 2015 11:24

Davvol wrote:Instead of trying to cure symptoms, I would suggest to cure the disease. Problem not in botting, but in heavy grinding. And heavy grinding we have, because Genesis now is about 'who is bigger' so much. Years ago, when you hit champion level (rising hero now, i think) if was "considered" the end of growth, so you are "adult" and can do whatever you want. Also, combat XP reward was much smaller, and "violent" was almost end of the game, so again you have no reason to grind, and start taking fun from adventures.
I believe, we should remove excessed mortal levels and grinding areas for super mythes. As well as death recovery. So, grinding at extremely violent and myth size should be impossible or very slow.
Maxim mortal level should be possible to reach even for total noob by completing 50-70% of the quests and on brutality slightly violent. I think it should be modern titan or hero. Also, all additional stat levels over epic should be removed and from guild titles also. Than, that bunch of new players we have now had a chance to revitalize game in 2-3 months from now, when the all become "top mortal level". All that crazy mithas trolls, qualinesty and such should be downgraded to offer best reward to teams of 2-4 titan sized characters. And there should be content to challenge that smaller ppl to team up.
So when all areas are downgraded, we who have higher stats should do what?
Start kill other players of 'end-title' cause we are still the same mortal level so everything goes?
I'd always wanted harder softcap to avoid endless growth, can lower it a bit but averages over supreme should be rare and not something 50% of the characters have.

Back to botting, who will police this?
AoP or will all Arches get in on the fun, will they punish friends or just focus on whom their mortals got annoyed with? Will we see semi-official militia characters run about punishing those they claim be bots like we had in the past?
I'm one of those who got issues seing patterns so when I got some bot-test I almost failed since I couldn't see the numbers. Would've sucked ass if I'd failed and for sure there had been no reimbursement. Also got attacked because I didn't talk to retarded bot-enforcers even though I didn't used a script at the time. Got moved to other areas without prior 'testing' and forced quit in the middle of combat etc. That's not an enviroment anyone would like to play in.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 10 Feb 2015 12:01

or just put in a hardcap.... check where toplist is there is your cap. everyso often when to many people hit cap open it up for a month freeze it again. this gives people a chance to... catch up. after you hit cap you can keep getting Qexp which lowers brute and pushes out Cexp but no longer effects stats. but it will help give you an edge the next time cap opens up.

people can still grind for imbues and weapons. high end pvp will be more balenced.
weeklys and events can be done to get qexp after they maxout.
maybe add some extra weeklys for capped players.
or people can make an alt, show new players around, die to lower themself below cap.

its gotta be pritty borring anyhow to keep leveling indefinatly with only the toplists to motivate
toplists can have 3 lists lightweight heavyweights and capped for questers fighters moneymakers
those lists can still count. at least if everyone is stoped for a while when the cap is lifted its anyones game not just that one guy that got there first.
Last edited by Snowrose on 10 Feb 2015 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 10 Feb 2015 12:16

Snowrose wrote:or just put in a hardcap.... check where toplist is there is your cap. everyso often when to many people hit cap open it up for a month freeze it again. this gives people a chance to... catch up. after you hit cap you can keep getting Qexp which lowers brute and pushes out Cexp but no longer effects stats. but it will help give you an edge the next time cap opens up.

people can still grind for imbues and weapons. high end pvp will be more balenced.
No hardcap, nothing worse than having huge players running about without anything to do.
What quest can you do to lower your brutal once you reached hardcap in stats?

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 10 Feb 2015 12:27

I'm tossing in a wild random idea (I think I saw it somewhere in some game).

Would very large players sacrifice their character in order to join/be a part of some legendary guildbranch (native to the guild, or elsewhere?) that only opens up if your average is at a certain size?

To become X, you sacrifice all your combatxp (and maybe questxp in exchange for different progressionmechanics)in order to enter for example some "elite" branch of Calians?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 10 Feb 2015 12:33

a few end game pvp guilds (or guild branches) could be a good thing it will maybe reduce maxed out characters from picking on small players if they are in a "special" guild that has a different mode of play. Great idea! and people who still wish to chase toplist have the option as well! This is Brilliant!

it is "endgame" for people who want it without forcing caps on people who don't!
only one flaw here..... an actual guild with new game mechanics takes code/balance where just capping exp not as much.

id imagine an engame guild will start accepting at myth with the top level of stats
the clear point where the only benifit is seeing your name on a toplist.
(all Myth+ players should probibly have thier own catigory of weekly toplists as well give heavyweights that arent capped a chance to get on list)

low enough that normal players who really have no hope of catching supermyths
can reach but high enough people cant hit it really fast. if people dont find it rewarding they dont need to join.
Last edited by Snowrose on 10 Feb 2015 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 10 Feb 2015 12:38

Lol, so the top grinders could make xp even faster?

Silly idea, top grinders will only give up their hardearned xp if they got something to gain. It will require a lot considering the time they put in. Emotes and titles won't cut it, the ones who are interested in such will never get enough stats to join those 'endgame guilds'.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/