Botting

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Davvol
Veteran

Re: Botting

Post by Davvol » 11 Feb 2015 01:22

Fact? Okay. Assume, some character is online from 7 am Sunday game time till now. He's not responding to mail (atleast 3 where sent to him), he's not responding even in skype. What do you think should we do? Is not answering in skype is kinda 'in-game' info AoP should pay attention to?

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 11 Feb 2015 02:10

Davvol wrote:Fact? Okay. Assume, some character is online from 7 am Sunday game time till now. He's not responding to mail (atleast 3 where sent to him), he's not responding even in skype. What do you think should we do? Is not answering in skype is kinda 'in-game' info AoP should pay attention to?
Well, as long as the person is not holding any equipment (1 week gear omitted), he or she is not breaking the rules. Idle-botting without gear IS legal, it's when you stand there holding gear you're breaking the rules.
Flee you fools!

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 11 Feb 2015 02:22

but yeah what im talking about is temporary stalls to reduce level spreads between top tier players and ir diversify the end game combat the guild idea will diversify (people who like grinding indefinatly can continue to do that) the guild idea will be more for new myths or people who want different goals in endgame.

the stop and go capping would be if they wanted to make end game more eventlike to focus attendence onto specific months or days.

but both ideas are way to aim people into focusing on a goal level to call "end game" where people who want actual competition or variety of play can aim for and feel a sence of acomplishment. team and compete against others of comparable levels without it being a gankfest.

the guild idea is better for letting the people that want to just level indefinatly as they wouldnt need to join the end game guilds.
where stop and go would pritty much just be a time to play alts for capped out characters. unless they added dailies/more weeklies, competitions... and other things to focus on for the capped times. then when game is slow they lift the cap for a while.
Last edited by Snowrose on 11 Feb 2015 03:37, edited 1 time in total.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 11 Feb 2015 02:29

Davvol wrote:Fact? Okay. Assume, some character is online from 7 am Sunday game time till now. He's not responding to mail (atleast 3 where sent to him), he's not responding even in skype. What do you think should we do? Is not answering in skype is kinda 'in-game' info AoP should pay attention to?
To counter Icarus' point: Maybe they just don't like you.

Irk never bothers to introduce to me either (despite multiple intros on my part), but when I accidentally attacked him in a team the other day, he certainly wanted to know more about me.

I figure he just doesn't like SCoP and/or Amorana for some reason.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 Feb 2015 02:33

Irk responds both in mail and Messengers.
Like I mentioned Before, had he been a true bot he'd been killed by the calians a few times now.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Feb 2015 03:26

Mortis wrote:I don't like the idea of trying to detect and enforce anti-botting. I don't like the idea of making players have to do anything extra to avoid being flagged a bot.

If an arch wants to spend his time tackling this, because they think this is a high priority, I like the idea of the AoP investigating and confirming reports and reacting.

I'm not sure what the objective here is. Is this a big issue? What is the case study for that conclusion? Without some baseline fact, there shouldn't be a change made.
The objective of this thread is in my first post. To summarize, I felt perhaps we could make some clarification on the rules of botting as I do not feel everything is clear. For example how long do you need to be idle with gear to be considered botting? 10 min? 15 min? 1 hour? Or how long can you be away from your computer while being dragged around by someone else before being called a bot? Etc. Would it be better to define things like this, or are the rules better off being more "general" like they are?

Is botting a huge issue? Well it probably depends on who you ask. But I am not suggesting any huge changes either, this topic has derailed from my original question quite badly. I was just looking for was some input on how our botting rules could be more clear. I don't think the current ones are bad rules, not at all, but there's always room for improvement, and when someone asks me for example "How long can I idle with gear?", and I can't answer with "check <help botting>", perhaps the rules could use a little clarification.

That's what I wanted people's opinion on really... not the endless discussion on myths, grinding and endgames etc... important discussion, sure, but perhaps it should have its own topic.

Let's not derail this further now. Start another thread if you want to discuss other things than botting rules.

golgatan
Novice

Post by golgatan » 11 Feb 2015 03:32

2 hours idling like LD limit

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 11 Feb 2015 04:00

well its also a mattersaid gear:

its vastly different than if the guy is in epic level limited 1 per boot gear. or if everything on him has flawless imbues.

as opposed to joe newbie wielding a filthy spear and wearing a stained nightshirt he got from the orc grunts.
or a smith that made his armor and wepons himself.

rule of thumb if you can buy/sell it for less than couple platnum in a mainline shop or if you can relyably buy from npcs herbing gloves, weapons from bubba... I say let people idle with it,

maybe attach a tag to limited/rare eq so people know not to use this if idling is going to be an issue.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 Feb 2015 17:26

Cherek wrote: I don't think the current ones are bad rules, not at all, but there's always room for improvement, and when someone asks me for example "How long can I idle with gear?", and I can't answer with "check <help botting>", perhaps the rules could use a little clarification.
One way to go is to simply have the answer be: "You can't idle with gear, or in combat, or while herbing, or while smithing. Not at all."

Then, people know that if they *do* idle with gear, combat/herb/smith botting, etc etc ... that they risk punishment. A bathroom/smoke break is still possible, but you know you are rolling the dice should the AoP or some other wizard decide to send you a test.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 11 Feb 2015 17:33

gorboth wrote:
Cherek wrote: I don't think the current ones are bad rules, not at all, but there's always room for improvement, and when someone asks me for example "How long can I idle with gear?", and I can't answer with "check <help botting>", perhaps the rules could use a little clarification.
One way to go is to simply have the answer be: "You can't idle with gear, or in combat, or while herbing, or while smithing. Not at all."

Then, people know that if they *do* idle with gear, combat/herb/smith botting, etc etc ... that they risk punishment. A bathroom/smoke break is still possible, but you know you are rolling the dice should the AoP or some other wizard decide to send you a test.

G.
I second this.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/