Botting

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amorana
Rising Hero

Re: Botting

Post by Amorana » 12 Feb 2015 03:30

castaneda wrote:
OgreToyBoy wrote:Irk responds both in mail and Messengers.
Like I mentioned Before, had he been a true bot he'd been killed by the calians a few times now.
Irk is not botting. I agree on that.
I greet him every time I have the chance. And he responds very fast to it.
If Irk was inattentive he would die alot more.
Not disagreeing with either you. Was countering the point that someone not responding means they are a bot. I know Irk's not a bot... That's sorta what I was getting at. If he was, he wouldn't have known who I was instantly.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 12 Feb 2015 18:00

I hear words like "bot" and "testing" as well as "never have failed"...

I've never been bot-tested, what is it? ;)
Flee you fools!

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 12 Feb 2015 20:13

I agree with Laurel on this matter, those complaining have guareenteed also been idle for 1-2 minutes while being on the loo, or one of their childrens ipad needed to be explained how to put the orange into the round box, the apple into the green box etc..

Every1 has been idle at some point and would be caught if Gorboths suggestion was implemented.

On top of that, I've been using another font, and after i was (wrongly) bot tested last weekend, for idling without gear while i had fallen asleep with a huge flu, I scrolled back, and I COULD NOT READ the numbers as they apparently only want fonts that have the same letter length, so i had no chinamans chance in hell to answer the odd signs on my screen, on top of that you cannot commune from the prison, so you have to break another rule and roll a newbie to commune that you're stuck... I would not even want to think about doing it from my ipad or from my phone... *shiver*

To those out there thinking there should be a size cap, and that it takes many years to "catch up", I'd like to say, i've made several myths during my time here, and it takes approx 40 days of /played to make a myth if you put your head into grinding, and thats a moderate amount of days, it can be done in 30ish if you have a good tank to rely on. So every new player could in fact become myth if they wanted to use the effort on it, but its much easier to go into a forum like this, and cry about how unfair and hard the world is.

The rules should be easy to police, easy to understand, and hard to break. If lets say 80% of the population on a daily basis "risk" to be policed, because they're breaking the rules, its not the 80% of the population doing something wrong, its the rules being wrong. And I think thats what Cherek is after - to make the rules more aligned with the way people play. And yes, watching text scroll over the screen for 15 hours a day makes you run out put some coffee on, take a toilet break, fetch a litre of milk in the grocery store next door and much much more, without the hassle of sprinting to your guild and dress naked before you go. So the rules should reflect this.

I never ever run as team leader while i am afk, and i get quite offended when people like Kvator accuses me of "botting", as i'm probably the most attentive team leader there is on genesis,. We've slain quite a few inattentive BDA's during the war, - why? because we bot? noooo, because we're actually THERE and when meeting a blue-uniformed dude, we push our weapons through him even tho he's afk at the loo. isn't that punishment enough ? But why would I stop and speak with Kvator on Faerun? A: it fucks up my script, B: he's probably on a script too and C: He never says hi or anything when he passes me in Sparkle anyways, so why the hell would i bother to waste time on him anyways while he's clearly botting (no he's not but couldnt resist flinging the accusation back)

About Irk and botting: Maybe he botted in the past, i am the wrong to judge that, but I can attest that he's approx 1-3 seconds away from his keyboard, as every single day i've fought him, every single day he's been running zigzag away, to come back later and assault one of us if we've been solo, my cadeau to Irk, I love your style these days :-) and I get quite offended when people accuse you of botting (here in 2015).

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 12 Feb 2015 20:17

This is the bot check, and no i have NO FUCKING CLUE what number it is, and IF i had been at the computer i'd never been able to answer anyways, i took pictures and send as textmessages to friend to ask them for help too:

_
| | ||_||_||_ | ||_||_|| |
| ||_||_| ||_| ||_||_|

What is the number displayed? Syntax: <answer number>

I was doing nothing illegal (idling in guild without gear while sleeping) but was at mistake bot checked, which is ok, as i now know if i get botchecked while at the computer i'll just have to type quit.

Ethuscuel
Apprentice

Post by Ethuscuel » 12 Feb 2015 20:25

I think I would type commune, paste that in it, and ask what the hell it meant.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 12 Feb 2015 20:30

Dan wrote: I never ever run as team leader while i am afk, and i get quite offended when people like Kvator accuses me of "botting",
say, whaaaaaat? Have I ever accused anyone of botting? lol. I even do not know who you are in genesis. 98443768 x lol

Dan
Adventurer

Post by Dan » 12 Feb 2015 20:59

Kvator wrote:I do believe that autohunt shit is muuuuch worse than any xp script or stuff like that (especially when abused - I am only basing on the stuff I read here, so I have no real evidence of this though). Having three bots in guild-council is funny though (my 2 cc)

I'm maxyz btw, I don't use autohunt, and I don't bot. So if you don't want to stand up to your accussations, take them back.

Commune doesn't work while you are in the prison :) Nothing works there, so you have to roll a new character and commune with that character instead.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 12 Feb 2015 21:28

ohh this one - it was not accusation of botting, it was accusation of being bad council. For me you three are like Castaneda x 3 and his work as a councillior was a part of my worst guild experience in genesis so far (you are running with him, do everything together, you have just admitted that you are not socializing with me - and probably with other people - in the game , how I am to see ANY difference between you?).

I have completely no issue with script abusers/'botters' (as long as the scripts are not completely screwed up), I have a issue when a person is taking council position and still focus on scripting/grinding/whatever. To clarify - I use scripts heavily myself (probably in the way similar to yours - all automated, but I am at the computer for most of the time - glancing at gen every now and then), but I am still trying to socialize - especially within my guild (and no I do not think that I am good rp-player or something like this)

And by the way - i do believe being called 'script abuser'/'bot' is a kind of compliment here (many many hours of heavy grind). It is by far better to be considered this than nolife.

Peace!

P.S: sooo am I enemy of calia already? :D

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 12 Feb 2015 21:33

Dan wrote: The rules should be easy to police, easy to understand, and hard to break. If lets say 80% of the population on a daily basis "risk" to be policed, because they're breaking the rules, its not the 80% of the population doing something wrong, its the rules being wrong. And I think thats what Cherek is after - to make the rules more aligned with the way people play. And yes, watching text scroll over the screen for 15 hours a day makes you run out put some coffee on, take a toilet break, fetch a litre of milk in the grocery store next door and much much more, without the hassle of sprinting to your guild and dress naked before you go. So the rules should reflect this.
If you need to buy stuff at the local grocery store why not ld? What is the next step? Couple of hours at work? An all night out party? I hate to see Genesis full of such inattentive players.

People who needs to tend to their kids once in a awhile or need a bathroom break or fix something to eat is not the problem and should not worry about punishment. They should not even have to see the test.
Dan wrote: About Irk and botting: Maybe he botted in the past, i am the wrong to judge that, but I can attest that he's approx 1-3 seconds away from his keyboard, as every single day i've fought him, every single day he's been running zigzag away, to come back later and assault one of us if we've been solo, my cadeau to Irk, I love your style these days :-) and I get quite offended when people accuse you of botting (here in 2015).
Maybe Irk plays by the rules nowadays but he reached his size through botting, he has been caught several times...I would even bet money on Irk\Morg was played by the same player, I have a log where Morg and Irk clearly misspell(not ordinary errors) same words again and again. There are more examples and yes it annoys me very much and I will tell you why.

These cheaters compete over the same limited equipment, they participate in the same guildwars, they compete over the same prey and they take alot of spots on Rankings that belong to other people but with an advantage they do not deserve. So yes Laurel, cheaters has an impact on every day gameplay.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 12 Feb 2015 21:51

Dan wrote:
I never ever run as team leader while i am afk, and i get quite offended when people like Kvator accuses me of "botting", as i'm probably the most attentive team leader there is on genesis,. We've slain quite a few inattentive BDA's during the war, - why? because we bot? noooo, because we're actually THERE and when meeting a blue-uniformed dude, we push our weapons through him even tho he's afk at the loo. isn't that punishment enough ? But why would I stop and speak with Kvator on Faerun? A: it fucks up my script, B: he's probably on a script too and C: He never says hi or anything when he passes me in Sparkle anyways, so why the hell would i bother to waste time on him anyways while he's clearly botting (no he's not but couldnt resist flinging the accusation back)

No. Thats because the leader has been there, the Calians are made so nicely that you can anihilate the entire mud with one active person, no matter whos targeted its very easy for you to controll even if afk, its the ultimate scriptguild tbh.
So the leader is on hunting triggers wich should be illegal aswell, and the rest of the team has the ability to be very very afk.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/