Botting

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: Botting

Post by OgreToyBoy » 16 Feb 2015 12:15

Just enter a killswitch of the script if you wimpy and set it rather high.
That way you at least have a chance to eventually wimpy into a room that you already cleaned.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 16 Feb 2015 14:52

I'll put my 2cc

I want to classify botting and refer it like this:
1. Scripting
I think this is the most harmful botting to the game.
People who are scripting are cleaning areas faster than others, they grow faster and based on that they have advantage when it comes to competitive parts of game: PvP, EQ gathering etc.
I think it should be punished pretty harsh. Even if player is watching the screen 100% running on scripts is detrimental to the game. (I must confess, sometimes I do so, because it is common practice of nowadays)

2. Team assist/follow
This kind of botting was always here and rarely punished. So dragging someone around is very common even if they are not there for 5/10/30 minutes. I witnessed case when teammate was dragged for four hours without being any active.
So I would probably will set easier threshold for this kind of botting.

3. Idle with EQ
I wouldn't call it a botting. But it is called botting by rules. One of differences between Genesis and many other MMORPGs is that you don't have your own equipment. You don't have even your own pants. Everything is owned by guilds.
I think it is one of changes I'd love to see. If I work hard to get some equipment, imbue it with my own stones, invest time and money to fur-line it, make a set of armours that suits in colour, why would I want to put it into guild racks?
Especially within racks without strong unity like mercenaries.
I'd love to solve this issue somehow: allowing idle with EQ, loooooong LD with EQ, save worn and wielded EQ on logout, personal racks or any other way.

4. Idle without EQ
If I see some problems being idling with EQ. Idling without equipment should be allowed at all.

5. Herbing
On first glance, nothing harmful here. But there is still some harm to others in this boring and mundane task. You clean areas other can use for herbing. But I don't herb so I don't care that much

6. Smithing
Even less harm than herbing, Money is not that important in Genesis. The only useful thing you can buy for money is a imbuement. So let it be.

So from my perspective:
1. Punishable and should be addressed
2. Punishable but not so much
3. Should be addressed by some solution (I am willing to take implementation of this project)
4/5/6. Not punishable or not worthy to invest time/thought/efforts to tackle.

You maybe disagree with me but these are 2cc of mine

PS About no exp for small mobs - I like and dislike idea at the same time:
Like: That will give incentive to big players to stay at big areas and leave small and medium areas for small and medium players (I don't advise shire orcs for newbies because they are frequently visited by big players)
Dislike: Some guilds are WEAK and they can exp only on small monsters.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 16 Feb 2015 17:05

So a person that run a script and being 100% watching the screen and will pass any wizard test to see activity is bad?
The three trig-zombies behind said person is not so bad?
Even though those three zombies are the reason their leader is able to non-stop scriptkill?

I'm not sure how you, Zar, would like to police this?
Do you just want the room movement to be non-automated or should we also be forced not have to elaborate triggers? Are paths to be allowed or must we always walk manually? How to see if someone moving with scripts, how to test and who should be judge?

I think the team-zombies are way worse than any person running on script.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Feb 2015 17:52

OgreToyBoy wrote: I think the team-zombies are way worse than any person running on script.
I agree. Or at least equally bad.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Feb 2015 20:43

Cherek wrote:
OgreToyBoy wrote: I think the team-zombies are way worse than any person running on script.
That actually IS easy solved by removing all rescue/move behind skills and making all mobs attack a random team member (making skull helmets and Neidar or AA defends desirable!).

No more minmaxed chars created for dps in safe teams only.
More danger scripting in minmaxed teams.
NO real reasons not to go for such a change.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 16 Feb 2015 22:01

Laurel wrote:
Cherek wrote:
That actually IS easy solved by removing all rescue/move behind skills and making all mobs attack a random team member (making skull helmets and Neidar or AA defends desirable!).

No more minmaxed chars created for dps in safe teams only.
More danger scripting in minmaxed teams.
NO real reasons not to go for such a change.
True that change will have some of the effect you say. It would also mean no more taking smaller friends with you to battle, as mobs will always be ranom so also hitting them.
Then you would of course have min-maxed teams of tanks going around and killing.... I don't really see the improvement in it, other than their progress probably will be slower.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 16 Feb 2015 22:04

Laurel wrote: That actually IS easy solved by removing all rescue/move behind skills
So what do you propose to give these guilds in return?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 17 Feb 2015 00:21

Mersereau wrote:
Laurel wrote: That actually IS easy solved by removing all rescue/move behind skills
So what do you propose to give these guilds in return?
Plenty solutions out there really. Why do you have to move behind to use swarm? Why can't you use swarm when more than 1 person is in your team?

A knight who tanks could do more dmg when teamed with others who do not tank at the same time.

If you really want to take your small friends to places take a Ranger and Neidars with you. More diversity, consistency, interaction, reliance on different guilds.

4 "tanks" are not even close to what 3 Calians pull off these days ... screwed situation called "balance" in this game.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 17 Feb 2015 00:40

If you can't beat them join them!

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 17 Feb 2015 00:48

Chanele wrote:If you can't beat them join them!
You mean, "If you can't beat them, call for a nerf or removal!"
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/