Grinding areas for new players

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Icarus
Veteran

Re: Grinding areas for new players

Post by Icarus » 16 Feb 2015 20:43

About newbie vs guilds with restrictions (Heralds of Valar and Rangers especially). Any chance that up to a certain size, any small player would be favoured by the Valar, in those two cases, so that Rangers can help, heal and team with newbies who really have no concept of how their alignment has an impact on the world? Possibly with a warning to the Ranger/Herald about how "your friend <name> is growing, and the Valar show more <trust/mistrust> in him/her" ?
Flee you fools!

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 17 Feb 2015 09:51

Icarus wrote:About newbie vs guilds with restrictions (Heralds of Valar and Rangers especially). Any chance that up to a certain size, any small player would be favoured by the Valar, in those two cases, so that Rangers can help, heal and team with newbies who really have no concept of how their alignment has an impact on the world? Possibly with a warning to the Ranger/Herald about how "your friend <name> is growing, and the Valar show more <trust/mistrust> in him/her" ?
Very true this has happened a friend called me to save a beginner who was poisoned and i got there and could not help him due to the fact he was "untrustworthy" due to a high level evil player took him leveling. so my friend had to save him with herbs. he did survive luckily.

I did specifically make an alt cause i did not like the fact my main was alignmentlocked twards helping evil newplayers. so yeah maybe as long as they are below the level you can join newbieschools make the valar not hate them, :),

Prokop
Greenhorne

Post by Prokop » 17 Feb 2015 14:55

A great, but always overlooked area is the "New Bee" village south of Pelargir, along with it's little
quest.

I often wonder how many people completely miss it and become too big to get in.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Feb 2015 17:20

Prokop wrote:A great, but always overlooked area is the "New Bee" village south of Pelargir, along with it's little
quest.

I often wonder how many people completely miss it and become too big to get in.
I never managed to get in there, so yeah, probably pretty overlooked. You know what the size limit is?

I am thinking about changing a few of the circle route ship lines to be a "newbie grinding tour boat". So far Sparkle, Town of Last and perhaps Pelargir seems like good stops. Possibly Shire orcs too if we make them more easily accessible. Faerie might be a good stop too.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 17 Feb 2015 17:35

Size limit is after beginner. When the quest orbs were being created it was spoken of. When you reach apprentice the line for the specific quest vanishes from the orbs since it is no longer obtainable by the player.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Feb 2015 18:09

Zestana wrote:Size limit is after beginner. When the quest orbs were being created it was spoken of. When you reach apprentice the line for the specific quest vanishes from the orbs since it is no longer obtainable by the player.
Yup, most players wont ever know that quest exists actually. Sounds like an awfully low limit though. Hm.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 17 Feb 2015 18:15

Well remember... This area was made before the Newbie area was created. So then you had some time before you reached that level... Now you get out of the Newbie area and you're already at the max size for it.

A lot of people missed it before the Newbie area at least when they created seconds because they would enter the game, go directly to Avenir and do the Thirsty Dwarf quest and be beginner in less than 5 minutes.

I'd boost it up to Wanderer/Apprentice.

Prokop
Greenhorne

Post by Prokop » 17 Feb 2015 19:24

Helping the guy get news of his village (the quest), should be added to quest list that
Carlsan hands out, outside the Sparkle church. Help out the librarian, the Enchanter,
Menerial and him (can not remember his name).

The newbie grinding boat is a nice idea.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 17 Feb 2015 19:48

Prokop wrote:Helping the guy get news of his village (the quest), should be added to quest list that
Carlsan hands out, outside the Sparkle church. Help out the librarian, the Enchanter,
Menerial and him (can not remember his name).

The newbie grinding boat is a nice idea.
Good ideas.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 17 Feb 2015 22:09

Wow ... yeah, we need to change the design of that Pelargir area. Somebody tell Eowul! :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/