A brute system revision

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: A brute system revision

Post by Amberlee » 17 Feb 2015 23:26

And this is why I feel questing should be optional and give other rewards than something required by the game mechanics to be competitive in the game.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 17 Feb 2015 23:44

Opinion of a newbie-climb in well, jump in well, dive in well, go in well, look in well....etc... but I never once tried <enter well> and that's why I hate puzzles in quests.
If grinding monsters will get you no EXP if you do it too much, then why not add an infinite line of quests that require traveling, but no risk of death. One of them gives little exp, but if the player goes around the doughnut grinding the quests, then they can lower their brute level.
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Feb 2015 00:09

Well, one way is of course, as we have discussed many times before, to simply to have one type of XP, but let quests be much more rewarding than now. So you could basically quest your way up to champion without killing anything (except what you kill in quests), or grind yourself there, or combine the both.

That way people can do whatever they want. Or both. One could even consider "resetting" quests after a certain time or something, so you could, like Drip says, "grind quests" as well.

Improving quest syntaxes etc of course goes without saying. That can always improve. But player created online guides would be a very good start as well.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 18 Feb 2015 00:30

amberlee wrote:For people who do not have the time or patience(when actually having the time to play) to sit down for hours and battle ridiculous syntaxes for little reward.
Removal of the current qexp system/progression is a very important thing in truth.
Agreed.
Icarus wrote:Not true, Amberlee. Fixing the syntaxes into a more "general system", so that syntaxes are mainly the same all over, now that would be an idea. Syntaxes like "reach far under the counter into the corner" is a bit much when "reach under counter" would be more than enough, or even just "get <item> from under counter".

Quest syntaxes should be logical and easy, but if you can't be bothered to spend a little time trying to figure out a puzzle... Well, then live with it, I'd say. Besides, there are now more than enough among the admins saying "quest solutions are ok to give", even though I don't do it, at least not in the straight walkthrough way.
Agree to disagree. I have no problem at all with you enjoying questing. I am glad you do. I don't, and as long as I am forced to do it while:

A. Syntax in some of the quests is a joke, requiring leaps of thinking that make NO sense.
B. Quest mobs are required that are slaughtered as part of someone's scripting route.
C. Items are required that are farmed for other purposes thus interrupting or ruining the ability to do the quest at all.
D. Quests can only be done once per armageddon.
E. (I am sure there are more)

I will campaign as strongly as possible for the removal of that requirement. I would love to see how long it took a dedicated individual to solve ALL the quests in Genesis in a vacuum. No assistance except the quest orbs. No files, no player help. I would bet anything it would NEVER happen. That is indicative of a broken system. The logical flow from one clue to the next does not exist for a great deal of the quests here.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 18 Feb 2015 00:35

Cherek wrote:Well, one way is of course, as we have discussed many times before, to simply to have one type of XP, but let quests be much more rewarding than now. So you could basically quest your way up to champion without killing anything (except what you kill in quests), or grind yourself there, or combine the both.

That way people can do whatever they want. Or both. One could even consider "resetting" quests after a certain time or something, so you could, like Drip says, "grind quests" as well.

Improving quest syntaxes etc of course goes without saying. That can always improve. But player created online guides would be a very good start as well.
Sounds like a great idea and I hope someone runs with it.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 18 Feb 2015 00:41

Oh, and can we please not use "Well there are files...' as a defense for this? I know there are quest files, a few people were really generous and shared those files, for which I am extremely grateful. However, the ones that generally make the rounds are pretty inaccurate in a lot of ways. I have spent weeks and weeks correcting and adding quests that weren't there.

I don't want this to sound like the insult it seems, but I find it interesting that those with the 'complete notes/walkthroughs' are not the ones that share files. It's the people like me. Frustrated, tired, and irritated with questing that seem to do so. Would those who have it all figured out be in some way diminished by sharing their triumphant knowledge? The feeling seems to be a definite yes.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 18 Feb 2015 00:43

Dread wrote:
Cherek wrote:Well, one way is of course, as we have discussed many times before, to simply to have one type of XP, but let quests be much more rewarding than now. So you could basically quest your way up to champion without killing anything (except what you kill in quests), or grind yourself there, or combine the both.

Sounds like a great idea and I hope someone runs with it.

Or just drastically increase quest EXP.
Something that is ridiculous not to do now that there is a hardcap on QEXP.

Oh and an alternative usage for qexp after you are capped would be to buy random imbuement stones.
Or benefits for the remainder of the armageddon cycle that makes every equipment you have be unbreakable.. Or make an item save.(Just to come up with some example.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Feb 2015 00:51

Dread wrote:Oh, and can we please not use "Well there are files...' as a defense for this? I know there are quest files, a few people were really generous and shared those files, for which I am extremely grateful. However, the ones that generally make the rounds are pretty inaccurate in a lot of ways. I have spent weeks and weeks correcting and adding quests that weren't there.

I don't want this to sound like the insult it seems, but I find it interesting that those with the 'complete notes/walkthroughs' are not the ones that share files. It's the people like me. Frustrated, tired, and irritated with questing that seem to do so. Would those who have it all figured out be in some way diminished by sharing their triumphant knowledge? The feeling seems to be a definite yes.
Chill.:) We know! If we are lucky you'll be so frustrated in the end you'll wiz and fix things yourself.:P But you dont HAVE to do them all, many of our myths have barely done half.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 18 Feb 2015 00:53

Cherek wrote:
Dread wrote:Oh, and can we please not use "Well there are files...' as a defense for this? I know there are quest files, a few people were really generous and shared those files, for which I am extremely grateful. However, the ones that generally make the rounds are pretty inaccurate in a lot of ways. I have spent weeks and weeks correcting and adding quests that weren't there.

Chill.:) We know! If we are lucky you'll be so frustrated in the end you'll wiz and fix things yourself.:P But you dont HAVE to do them all, many of our myths have barely done half.
Sorry if I came off angry, I'm not. :)

Definitely passionate about this subject though.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 18 Feb 2015 00:56

I think quests and our brute system is good.

We have an unique xp system, all we need to fix is weird syntaxes and create a quest guide that reveal more than the orbs.

I don't like boats, they are just a waste of time, can we remove them?...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/