Client for Genesis (Mac/Win/Linux) (Insomnia adventures)

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Korbah
Greenhorne

Re: Client for Genesis (Mac/Win/Linux) (Insomnia adventures)

Post by Korbah » 26 Aug 2014 20:34

syrk wrote:It works as me as well, except mana gauge which displays wrong mana level.
Hmm, if I remember correctly, some guilds have different mana levels than the default. I don't currently have a character who is a caster, so I would need some help in determining what's going wrong. Would you be able to post here, or send me a private message with a more detailed explanation of what's going wrong with the mana bar?

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 26 Aug 2014 22:49

As gmcp displays mana levels inappropriately I removed mana bar and it is of no further concern to me.

I noticed an error for fatigue bar settings.
It is set as: alert, tired, weary and exhausted.
Should be: alert, weary, tired and exhausted.

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 17 Oct 2014 22:47

Mudlet mapper script which I used so far to map several domains.
Works pretty well, despite mudlet beeing a bit buggy with maps.
Speedwalking works.

Gmcp has to be enabled in "settings/general/enable gmcp", mudlet restart might be needed for it to start working properly.
Room creation/uniqueness is based on gmcp.room.info.id, so if that changes, script will have to be reworked.

I advise to save the map pretty often through "settings/mapper/save your current map".
I attach also two aliases to create and delete an area as they are not there in the standard mapper.

All is in the zip file
Attachments
mapper.zip
(2.91 KiB) Downloaded 478 times

Ives
Beginner

Post by Ives » 09 Feb 2015 23:03

Thanks for the help. :)

Ives
Beginner

Post by Ives » 22 Feb 2015 21:47

I'm coming in pretty late to this whole discussion, and am hoping someone can help. I would love to use mudlet (which amusingly autocorrects to mullet, which I do not want to use), but I really don't have the time to dedicate to learning lua.

It looks like some of you have it set up for Genesis and working well at this point - is anyone willing to walk me through getting it set up for myself?

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 22 Feb 2015 21:57

Ives wrote:I'm coming in pretty late to this whole discussion, and am hoping someone can help. I would love to use mudlet (which amusingly autocorrects to mullet, which I do not want to use), but I really don't have the time to dedicate to learning lua.

It looks like some of you have it set up for Genesis and working well at this point - is anyone willing to walk me through getting it set up for myself?
lua is actually only needed for some more advanded stuff...
generally aliases, triggers etc are rather straightforward.

What are you having troubles with ?

Ives
Beginner

Post by Ives » 24 Feb 2015 03:37

Even something that should be simple like setting up aliases and triggers is complicated for someone who has never used ^blahblah$ before - this is all foreign to me. So, I'd like to be able to use aliases, triggers, mapping capabilities, and whatever else people generally use a client for without feeling like I'm coding. Is that possible with Mudlet?

Keltar
Wanderer

Post by Keltar » 24 Feb 2015 08:17

Ives wrote:Even something that should be simple like setting up aliases and triggers is complicated for someone who has never used ^blahblah$ before - this is all foreign to me. So, I'd like to be able to use aliases, triggers, mapping capabilities, and whatever else people generally use a client for without feeling like I'm coding. Is that possible with Mudlet?
Well, mapping script is a few posts up... you just unpack it and import to mudlet, should work from the get go.
Unfortunately if you want to play with it yourself - have to learn a bit of lua or let me know what is missing and I will tweak it.

Generally regexp is there to make things as specific as possible, is there another way ?
They could add more humanly options like "react only to first match in line" etc. and they probably will if someone indicates the problem.

Anyway, triggers are easy, you have nice choices on what to trigger on.
Go to triggers page,
click add item,
change the name to what you like e.g. "drinking"
under the name you have 50 lines where you can put text to trigger on, e.g. "You are sober."
in the send plain text field, put your reaction - e.g. "drink from bottle"

Now when in game type 'v' and you should see your trigger fire
This is as far from programming as it gets.

Now, unfortunately, aliases are different.
You can do the same thing as with triggers, that is do not specify a regexp with ^bt$, but then when you have alias pattern set to 'bt', it would also react to 'bta' 'abta' etc.

Perhaps they should have an implicit option of ^your alias$ in there. That is a room for improvement, you can always let them know.

That said, cmud is nicer at the moment in my opinion, however it is no longer developed nor maintained and will not be open source, which is a dead end for its customers.
Mudlet on the other hand is still rather raw but has a large community and a few developers working on it.

That said, I think there are many people here using cmud and will be glad to help set it up for you.

Ives
Beginner

Post by Ives » 25 Feb 2015 17:30

Thank you for your responses - the help here is really amazing. I'll keep trying to figure it out bit by bit.
This is one of those times when I'm wishing I hadn't switched from Linux to a mac.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 08 Mar 2015 18:12

Ives wrote:Even something that should be simple like setting up aliases and triggers is complicated for someone who has never used ^blahblah$ before - this is all foreign to me. So, I'd like to be able to use aliases, triggers, mapping capabilities, and whatever else people generally use a client for without feeling like I'm coding. Is that possible with Mudlet?
In case of more trouble: https://regex101.com/ (bottom right has all the possible regex declarations)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/