Chrome app icon

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drip
Wanderer

Chrome app icon

Post by Drip » 01 Mar 2015 20:43

The black and white doughnut/donut was fine, but now there is this building with a GENESIS banner :(

Change it back :D
Attachments
Capture.PNG
The icon
Capture.PNG (34.19 KiB) Viewed 2744 times
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Chrome app icon

Post by Cherek » 01 Mar 2015 21:48

Black and white donut? Before the current logo we had a dragon. Not sure if we ever had a donut as logo for the chrome app?! We had one for the old client I think. But that was years ago...?

What's wrong with the building by the way?

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 01 Mar 2015 22:40

The building kind of has nothing to do with the game

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 01 Mar 2015 23:28

I like the doughnut as Genesis logo also.
But to match the website i switched to the buildings.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Mar 2015 23:34

Well, I am the one who made both the donut (if it's the really old one you mean??), and this icon, and well, all the icons and promo images etc. I made them all by cutting elements from some promo images Denis Loubet made for us in the past. And built a graphical look from it. The city icon is part of the collection.

Nothing wrong with the donut really. But the donut only makes sense for us who know the game already. The icon is very important when it comes to attracting new players to try the game on google/firefox app store. The one with the city is more striking, and stands out more compared to other logos on the app store in my opinion. And it does suggest Genesis is some type of medieval/fantasy game so you get an idea about the type of game too. The donut makes no sense to someone who doesn't know Genesis. Then it's just a round thing, you probably wont even recognise it as a donut. I think from the options we currently have, this is better from a marketing perspective. And as Cot says, it also matches the rest of our graphic look.

However, we've talked about hiring Denis Loubet again to create a new icon, that works better in low res, and stands out even more. So we can attract even more players!

Ideas and/or reference pictures for a new icon is always welcome.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 02 Mar 2015 06:53

nothing to do with genesis?!
thats obviously sparkle you can see the tower of realms and museum... if you look really close you can see the infamous lemontree.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Mar 2015 15:20

Snowrose wrote:nothing to do with genesis?!
thats obviously sparkle you can see the tower of realms and museum... if you look really close you can see the infamous lemontree.
Exactly!

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 03 Mar 2015 02:15

I thought it was just a couple of random buildings.... and LEMON TREE?! XD

But the doughnut looks like Genesis is a really interesting game to play, because of the "abstract" picture that I thought it was.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/