Learning to Type - The Fun Way

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Stomax
Novice

Learning to Type - The Fun Way

Post by Stomax » 02 Mar 2015 07:57

Just throwing this out, it's late, I've had a few beers, but one of the big benefits to a game like Genesis is improving your typing skills without even knowing it. Needs more thought but getting the word out there in that type of mindset might help. There are likely unlimited options to explore but there might be something there.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Learning to Type - The Fun Way

Post by Cherek » 02 Mar 2015 15:22

Stomax wrote:Just throwing this out, it's late, I've had a few beers, but one of the big benefits to a game like Genesis is improving your typing skills without even knowing it. Needs more thought but getting the word out there in that type of mindset might help. There are likely unlimited options to explore but there might be something there.
Yeah, good point. Both english learning and typing are good ways we could use to promote the game.

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 03 Mar 2015 02:20

i know that typing is th most basic and avased skill you wiill need to lwarn for this game but when you need to ytpe something really fast

^this happens.....
:|
:?
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Mar 2015 09:10

Drip wrote:i know that typing is th most basic and avased skill you wiill need to lwarn for this game but when you need to ytpe something really fast

^this happens.....
:|
:?
only for the first 3-5 years or so
later not so much ;p
when you reach +180signs/minute without error and without watching the strokes (obviously) you are good enough
I got there by playing Gen in dark (closed for the night) computer labs in early 2000ies - guess younger folks won't even realize why I wouldn't just play from home ;)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/