Unable to reply to general board

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alisa
Hero

Unable to reply to general board

Post by Alisa » 01 Mar 2015 19:38

Title says it all.

:-)
Alisa.

Chanele
Champion

Re: Unable to reply to general board

Post by Chanele » 01 Mar 2015 22:56

Yes, and why has topics dissapeared?

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 03 Mar 2015 03:35

Are any admins even noticing this??
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Mar 2015 04:33

Drip wrote:Are any admins even noticing this??
Yeah, Chanele PM'ed me about it and I answered her there, and kinda forgot to post my answer here too. Sorry!

We haven't allowed replies to the general board for some time. I do not know the full details to the decision since I was not admin when this decision was made, but as I remember from behind a regular forum user at the time is that the thought behind it was that notes on the General Board in Sparkle are usually posted in character, but when people reply here they generally do it out of character, which usually is not a big deal. But now and then when some controversial topic arises it creates a very odd mix of in game and out of game info, and someone writes in character in Sparkle, it gets auto posted here, others reply in and/or out of character here, and stuff written here gets treated as an in game reply, etc. Yeah I can see how it can be messy, so I think it's a good idea to keep it that way.

So... Sparkle board is best as an in game discussion board. Notes get posted here automatically though, which is good for visibility, but to reply directly to a post you'll have to do it in Sparkle.

Thats how I understand it, another member of the admin who was in on the decision may correct me, but I think that's the general idea at least. So this is not something new, as you can see on the other posts here, non has a reply.

The reason Mercade's note had a reply before was simply because Mercade moved the reply here manually, also thinking it was an issue with the forum, and not on purpose, just like you did. Mercade (I assume), then removed his note, again I assume, because nobody would be able to reply to it. Whether he wishes to re post it somewhere else is up to him.:)

Hope that answers your questions about this.

Edit: I changed the information for the General Board so it's now clear you can't reply. It's information had not been updated when the change was made, which probably did not help with the confusion.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 03 Mar 2015 06:32

best way to reply to general or common is via forums you can always start a thread or see if there is another thread that it might fit your reply if it wont let you reply directly. admins can move your reply if needed.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 03 Mar 2015 11:44

I do agree on those rules :-) and they make sense.

Reason for bringing it up was the post about mortal levels, where i could see someone else replied.. Now i can't even find the post though...

Alisa.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Mar 2015 12:13

Snowrose wrote:best way to reply to general or common is via forums you can always start a thread or see if there is another thread that it might fit your reply if it wont let you reply directly. admins can move your reply if needed.
Common board posts can be replied to as there is no RP there, it's just information posted by wizards to mortals. Replies there are very welcome.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/