RIP Terry Pratchett

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

RIP Terry Pratchett

Post by Arcon » 12 Mar 2015 17:16

Title says it all.
My all time favorite author.

Icarus
Veteran

Re: RIP Terry Pratchett

Post by Icarus » 12 Mar 2015 21:15

My first book, I'm almost ashamed to say, was Good Omens. Yes, when I read it in public, people looked at me as if I was crazy (not that I'm not, but it wasn't public knowledge) for laughing out loud all the time.

I've read a few of the Diskworld books, and seen the movies, animated and not, and I enjoy every second of both. I will read onwards, but it's sad to know that there will be no new books, and even if there are, they will never be the same.

Rest in Peace, Terry, give my regards to Death, and teach him to not use capitals all the time ;)
Flee you fools!

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: RIP Terry Pratchett

Post by gorboth » 12 Mar 2015 21:40

Sad news, indeed. Terry's vision of Death is the one that haunts Genesis, in fact, crafted (I believe? correct me if I am wrong) by Dunstable who must have been a fan back in the day.

Terry's books are one of the strangest and most delightful reads I've ever encountered. They feel like absolutely nothing else, and mix a bizarre blend of social and historical commentary with downtright brilliant humour. And to not mention his exceptional handling of fantasy tropes would be missing his not only mastery of the genre, but the true influence he has had. He is the Weird Al Yankovic of the fantasy world, cutting it apart and performing it almost better than the original artists.

My favorite character he ever created? Bruce the Hoon.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/