[poll] Custom guild gear

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Custom guild gear

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 28

Zhar
Wizard

[poll] Custom guild gear

Post by Zhar » 20 Mar 2015 00:12

Just wanted to ask your opinion on something. Various guilds have some custom equipment (kender hoopaks, Calian wolf-helms, Blademaster swords, ogre stuff etc.) that isn't utilised much (except for the hoopaks of course) and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to give said guilds the ability to convert other stuff into such custom versions. You could for example turn any helmet into the Calian wolf-helm, preserving its stats (but losing other perks). For the Blademaster swords I was thinking cool-looking blades with custom hit descriptions etc. etc. It really doesn't feel right that some cool and thematic stuff isn't being used.

Another step could be creating more custom gear for various guilds.

If you have an idea for the possible custom guild gear and how it could be obtained/transmuted from something please feel free to post in this thread.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Greneth

Re: [poll] Custom guild gear

Post by Greneth » 20 Mar 2015 00:52

Zhar wrote:Just wanted to ask your opinion on something. Various guilds have some custom equipment (kender hoopaks, Calian wolf-helms, Blademaster swords, ogre stuff etc.) that isn't utilised much (except for the hoopaks of course) and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to give said guilds the ability to convert other stuff into such custom versions. You could for example turn any helmet into the Calian wolf-helm, preserving its stats (but losing other perks). For the Blademaster swords I was thinking cool-looking blades with custom hit descriptions etc. etc. It really doesn't feel right that some cool and thematic stuff isn't being used.

Another step could be creating more custom gear for various guilds.

If you have an idea for the possible custom guild gear and how it could be obtained/transmuted from something please feel free to post in this thread.
I've been wanting weapon and armour skins for quite some time, so seeing this is great!

This would be the perfect thing to add onto the Smiths, would definitely give people a reason to actually join them. Well other then being able to sharpen your own weapon, but I fear if you start removing or adjusting the stats/abilities of the original item people may not see a reason to use them. If this is what you were referring to by losing perks. One thing to maybe dabble in would be true customization. There is code for it within Pelargir for the player made clubs in the jewelry store I believe, where you can type in the name of the club and thats what appears.

Defeats the purpose of the guild items not being used but would definitely add way more flavor.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 20 Mar 2015 05:00

AC had a really cool system of skinning armours. You could buy an expensive 1-time use object to steal the appearance of an armour. It would retain the coverage info. You could then apply it to another armour of the same coverage type.

Of course your gear there saved, so you could get a super cool-looking armour and skin it over something you had boosted.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 20 Mar 2015 05:05

Mortis wrote:AC had a really cool system of skinning armours. You could buy an expensive 1-time use object to steal the appearance of an armour. It would retain the coverage info. You could then apply it to another armour of the same coverage type.

Of course your gear there saved, so you could get a super cool-looking armour and skin it over something you had boosted.
I wonder if it would be possible to create slots like equipment takes (left hand, feet, arms, head etc) where said skins are permanently saved, then whenever you did equip and item it would already have the appearance of the skin?

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 20 Mar 2015 05:06

The thing about Genesis though is that people looking at you know your weaknesses and strengths based on the appearance of your gear. Should just anyone be able to mask that? Is it a big deal?

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 20 Mar 2015 08:38

Mortis wrote:The thing about Genesis though is that people looking at you know your weaknesses and strengths based on the appearance of your gear. Should just anyone be able to mask that? Is it a big deal?
It would be a guild ability for the smiths.
It is possible, I think, to paint armours in Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul with the colors of Gondor/Mordor and that changes the short description of that armours but it don't change what kind of armour. A platemail would still be a platemail or a chainmail a chainmail etc. Some guilds already has the ability to hide what kind of armours they wear, dragonarmies with their uniform and rangers with their cloaks and I'm not sure they pay anything for these abilities.
And you have at least one guild that can still see the quality of the armours no matter how much you hide them.

But if the item looses its abilities/magic then I don't see anyone doing it. Kenders do it because they need their hoopaks but they are not very good.
It would also be a way to trick possible attackers, I change my very bad full body armour into a midnight black platemail to make people hesitate or my bad sword into a flaming black broadsword(weird if you could make a non flaming sword in to a flaming one).

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 20 Mar 2015 17:10

Well, this got out of hand pretty fast :)

I haven't thought about giving full customization options to everyone. Just thought that some of the cool looking guild equipement is being under-utilized.

As far as smiths being able to customize stuff... Well, in my opinion the smiths guild could use a thorough recode (like being able to craft enchanted stuff from mithril) because the number of their available features could surely be improved and people have been asking a lot about it. I'll think about it in the future, right now I want to finish the sneak/hide and archers. After that I'm open for suggestions.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 21 Mar 2015 12:07

Zhar wrote:Well, this got out of hand pretty fast :)

I haven't thought about giving full customization options to everyone. Just thought that some of the cool looking guild equipement is being under-utilized.

As far as smiths being able to customize stuff... Well, in my opinion the smiths guild could use a thorough recode (like being able to craft enchanted stuff from mithril) because the number of their available features could surely be improved and people have been asking a lot about it. I'll think about it in the future, right now I want to finish the sneak/hide and archers. After that I'm open for suggestions.
I've actually posted some suggestions on the smith's board about enchanted items, and always gotten the reply to "forget it!".

One of my suggestions was that you could bring a gem and an imbuement stone to Karkadelt (spelling?) in Sparkle, and from that get a power-gem based in strength on the value of the gem and quality of the stone. Follow the same rules as imbuing is today, ordinary or higher quality, then the strength of the power gem is based on value of gem and quality of stone, reaching the potential of a max of, say 90% of the imbuement stone (with room for errors of course) that a smith could use in crafting a weapon or armour. Limited # of such gems made per 24 hour period, but a chance of critically crafting when back at the smith's guild, resulting in up to, if maxed power gem crafted in Sparkle, 100% of the original power of the stone.

This would leave the chance of making a weapon with magical to-hit stats or magical +damage stats, slaying of a particular type of beasts etc. And same for armours, possibly even adding resistance. I would agree to somewhat limiting this, removing perhaps skillstones, statstones, speed, slow and healing. The gems could even require some alteration at the jewelcrafter (who seem to be totally useless currently) at smiths guild prior to or after being altered in Sparkle.

The weapons / armours should of course reflect their special effects, armours would be "bejeweled", weapons would be "ornamented" and show the gem upon examination. The power of the weapon, however, should of course only be possible to find by identification, which I think Karkadelt (again spelling?) should be able to do for such produce, but not accept being transmogrified/disenchanted as is, but still accept being imbued normally.

I'd also love to see a couple of new rooms in the Smiths, with a leather-shop as it's base, where a smith can work with leathers only, making leather armours, of course far from the quality of a very well made platemail/chainmail, but far lighter, to provide decent and cheap armours for our dear newbie friends. Also, perhaps belts. Studding these armours with gems might be limited, impossible for such tings as belts perhaps, and also the ability to craft rings and neckwear in metals, again, quite acceptable unable to craft with the magical gems, but very hopefully still able to ornament with basic gems for the 'cool looks'.

Thoughts, wishes, ideas? Well, I like these, what do other smiths (current, former and potential new) believe?
Flee you fools!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/