Players for Hire

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Players for Hire

Post by Greneth » 22 Mar 2015 03:07

Was wondering if it was possible to create a section of the PO which would allow players to send out a pigeon to all other players in game letting them know that they are in need of someone for hire. You could have a fixed notice where the player fills out a small form.

Name:
Job Description:
Payment:

This of course would have to be an option which players could turn off if they did not wish to have random pigeons leaving messages, but for those who want to earn some extra coin or are looking to hire someone this would be great I think. A simple yes or no feature could be added which would send an automated message to the original senders PO letting them know that someone has accepted and will meet with them shortly.

Aristos
Veteran

Re: Players for Hire

Post by Aristos » 22 Mar 2015 12:08

Hire for what?

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 22 Mar 2015 15:10

Aristos wrote:Hire for what?
Any kind of job, collect 100 herbs, help killing an NPC or assisting in acquiring an item, assassination. You see it in the Ntell line quite a bit where people are asking for help with killing something that is way beyond their league or wanting things that they cant quite get their hands on. Most of us older players just have a good contact list who we can just quickly mail but there are times where even that list is sleeping. I figured if player Bee needs help killing someone like Lynden, instead of asking over the ntell line constantly they can just send out a request and maybe for a small price someone will play body guard.

Something preferable to constantly telling them not to use the ntell line as a way of forming a party or searching for people.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 23 Mar 2015 22:05

Hmmm ....

This is an interesting idea. There is nothing that prevents you from doing a <who> check and then mailing every name you see, so this doesn't provide a mechanic to players that they wouldn't already have. I say that, because we would not want to have the mail system suddenly provide info on who is online. But, since we removed that veil of secrecy a few years ago, this does make sense. Perhaps the way to do it would be to have an alias of some kind that filtered for on-line players who are not wizards, are not linkdead, and are not you yourself?

<mail all> might be a good command alias?

What I think is thematic and perhaps important would be some sort of fee involved so that the service is not used lightly. We don't want to include in the game just a slightly slower and less intrusive global shout. Perhaps a 10 platinum fee?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ragni
Wanderer

Post by Ragni » 23 Mar 2015 22:43

As an expansion of this idea would it be useful to have a short term notice board in Sparkle, In a mud I once played there was an old tree with notices pinned on it which acted as a very short term notice board. These notices lasted until the player logged out our they returned and tore them down. Notices could be used for almost anything if I remember correctly, recruitment, wanted adds, questions etc. There could be a town guard or someone who controls access to the board and charges a minor fee for it's use.
This could provide another option for player interaction so if you are stuck with the weekly market quest, forming a team to go and hunt Mithas trolls or 1 cracked stone short of having enough to combine into that stone you've always wanted then you pin a notice to the board and see who answers.

Ragni

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 Mar 2015 00:12

I like this even better. What we could do is something thematic in terms of some gnomish gizmo or magical lens that points at the board, that players could then carry around some sister lens to, that when they gaze into it, they see the notice board. I really like the idea of the notices lasting until logout, or they tear them down, whichever comes first.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 24 Mar 2015 00:54

I like the board idea, but me personally I think the notification of when something new is posted would be great. Along the lines of when you get mail how it lets you know who the sender is. Perhaps the same thing where it says "Theres a new job posting 'Kill Trolls' ".

Have it just send the title of the job and as something you would have to subscribe to. Because what i can see happening is a party already out killing trolls, someone posts and the party has no idea. Plus when im out grinding rarely do I make a stop in Sparkle for anything. But when my auction paddle vibrates ill finish up and head that way.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 11 Apr 2015 02:50

Of course, we have a guild that is a bunch of sellswords already.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 11 Apr 2015 04:04

Notice board idea is very nice. So would probably be the ability to post contracts for mercs at their office, which would be more of a legal binding contract for both parties (and some cool mechanics built around that).

Mail all idea is horrible though. The spam. The horror.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 11 Apr 2015 16:37

mail all
Subject: Cheap Platinum
CC:
Extended editor! Type ~? for help and ** to finish editing.
1]Greetings player of Genesis.
2]
3]Is it not annoying to see all the bigger players buying out all the auctions,
4]leaving you running around with sub-standard gear compared to most
5]everyone else out there?
6]
7]Have no fear, the solution is here!
8]
9]Cheap platinum now available at discount prices!!!!!
10]
11] 100 platinum coins, only $0.99
12] 500 platinum coins only $3.99, and we give you another 50 platinum coins on top!
13]1.000 platinum coins, only $6.99, and we give you another 150 platinum coins on top!
14]Our top seller and best offer:
15]15.000 platinum coins at $74.99, and we'll even give you 5.000 platinum coins extra!
16]That's a wooping 20.000 platinum coins!!!
17]
18]Please do contact us at the closest strongbox or at
19] www.GnomesOfGenesisBanking.com
20]today!
21]
22]
23]The director.
24]**
Flee you fools!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/