Player killing rules updated

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mersereau
Champion

Re: Player killing rules updated

Post by Mersereau » 27 Feb 2015 01:24

Cherek wrote:
Mersereau wrote:
Cherek wrote: Killing newbies who somehow offends or provokes you = well, not "good", but at least not against the rules.:)
Welcome to the slippery slope.
Thanks!:)
I realize you think your sarcasm is amusing in this case, when in actuality it isn't.

This game has a huge history where many of the problems have been from lack of transparency, clarity and consistency when it comes to rules. With Gorboth this slowly started to change.

You seem to be going the other way.

If you think being vague -and thumbing your nose at the playerbase- about things that should be clear is worthwhile , perhaps you aren't cut out to be an Arch.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Feb 2015 03:28

Being AoP, or any Arch, has always been living on a slippery slope I think? Doesn't that kind of comes with the job?:) I think I'll do fine.

Jokes aside, I completely agree with you that the more clear rules we have, the better. This is as clear as they are currently, but I am very open to suggestions on how to formulate things, about any rules, so they become more clear.

I'll think about if I can somehow formulate this one better, so it's more clear that newbies are not untouchable either. Unless you beat me to it.

Ethuscuel
Apprentice

Post by Ethuscuel » 27 Feb 2015 22:28

I'm beginning to think that the wizards ought to prescribe a 'suck-it-up' vaccination to the community as a whole. A double-dose for the people who like to bitch, but refuse to take any initiative relating to wizardry.

The wizards are doing fine. Even if you disagree with that last statement, at least they're doing SOMETHING, unlike the rest of us.

They don't get paid to put in the uncounted hours of coding that allow us to play a fun, FREE, game. They don't get paid to listen to the bitching and whining, either.

EDIT: I think they should make at least $10 for every hour they monitor the forum. I think that's about right for babysitters, isn't it?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 27 Feb 2015 23:01

Ethuscuel wrote:I'm beginning to think that the wizards ought to prescribe a 'suck-it-up' vaccination to the community as a whole. A double-dose for the people who like to bitch, but refuse to take any initiative relating to wizardry.

The wizards are doing fine. Even if you disagree with that last statement, at least they're doing SOMETHING, unlike the rest of us.

They don't get paid to put in the uncounted hours of coding that allow us to play a fun, FREE, game. They don't get paid to listen to the bitching and whining, either.

EDIT: I think they should make at least $10 for every hour they monitor the forum. I think that's about right for babysitters, isn't it?

Think I actually suggested awhile back that people could make donations towards paying wizards to code stuff we vote for?

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 28 Feb 2015 18:27

Ethuscuel wrote:I'm beginning to think that the wizards ought to prescribe a 'suck-it-up' vaccination to the community as a whole. A double-dose for the people who like to bitch, but refuse to take any initiative relating to wizardry.

Mersereau's concerns are valid. The older players have bad memories about how this has been handled in the past. It's good to have watch dogs keeping the standards high.

However, Mersereau: Cherek has thusfar shown to be very rational and easy going. I think he's going the right direction and is listening to and respecting the concerns of the population.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 28 Feb 2015 22:31

Cherek and I hashed my concerns out off the board.

After further reflection I'm believing Genesis may even need a Terms of Service like most other games to protect some of its properties.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Mar 2015 01:09

Mersereau wrote:Cherek and I hashed my concerns out off the board.

After further reflection I'm believing Genesis may even need a Terms of Service like most other games to protect some of its properties.
We do have a section on the web page about copyright information (down at the footer) regarding content and code in the game, and who it belongs to, etc.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Mar 2015 21:36

Amorana wrote:My interpretation was that if a newbie is being an annoyance (for example, spamming you with pokes while following you around) or doing something like stealing your loot, there should be caveats for this. To me, that falls under "provocation", which I think the new policy dictates clearly by saying "without provocation". I think you're okay to kill a newbie who is a loot thief or an annoyance.
Am I ok to attack you for stealing my kills and loot with Alisa, or will you hide behind your guilds and friends? :D Just a casual question - no harm intended.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 29 Mar 2015 10:54

Laurel wrote:
Amorana wrote:My interpretation was that if a newbie is being an annoyance (for example, spamming you with pokes while following you around) or doing something like stealing your loot, there should be caveats for this. To me, that falls under "provocation", which I think the new policy dictates clearly by saying "without provocation". I think you're okay to kill a newbie who is a loot thief or an annoyance.
Am I ok to attack you for stealing my kills and loot with Alisa, or will you hide behind your guilds and friends? :D Just a casual question - no harm intended.
Since this is about game rules, the answer is a great big YES.

as for politics and so on... well... you know...

Anyways, i apologise from my end

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 29 Mar 2015 14:38

Alisa wrote:
Laurel wrote:
Since this is about game rules, the answer is a great big YES.

as for politics and so on... well... you know...

Anyways, i apologise from my end
The massive goblins block, Laurel. I couldn't move on.

The only loot I picked up at all was some helmets. And they're probably all still sitting on the road outside (where I left them, because I was lightening before we did a fair amount of running.) You're welcome to them.

So, sorry I took what - one kill? I'm sure I didn't hurt your progress too much.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/