Rangers...

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Icarus
Veteran

Rangers...

Post by Icarus » 29 Mar 2015 14:38

Ok, quick rant here...

I don't see why a ranger couldn't team with a DA.... As long as the DA was goodaligned and not considered an outlaw of the rangers, now, as far as I know, a DA can't bee goodaligned, so this does solve itself.

I do not see any real reason why a ranger should be able to team with a holy goblin and not a holy ogre. No, I wouldn't like to see goblins being "restricted away", but the arguments about how the people of ME look at ogres aren't really holding up.
If an ogre is goodaligned, (s)he cannot enter Isengard or Minas Morgul, and the Haradrims, orcs and guards of Mordor will attack on sight.
However, (s)he can join the Thornlin Militia, walk freely into Minas Tirith and will not be attacked by Gondorian guards...

Rangers, especially those who have traveled the world outside ME have a high tolerance for other people, including those goblins who seem to fight for good.

Thematically, it'll be obvious for a ranger to be unable to team up with an Angmarian, a Morgul Mage or even an Orc, but for the poor people from outside the realm of Middle Earth, a ranger should, even if suspicious at first, judge people on a person-to-person basis. Either that, or remove the alignment restriction, since elves are inherently good, and I don't care if this is a Union member who have been walking the path of the damned or an elven archer who have never seen the "evil side" in his or her life. Arguments are the same. A scary ogre who is spottet slaying orcs and haradrims, then going by gondorians and even ranger npc's, giving them a pat on the back and being friendly, before entering into Minas Tirith isn't really someone a ranger would avoid for too long. Yes, ogres seem pretty scary, big and brutish... so does ents...
Flee you fools!

Draugor
Myth

Re: Rangers...

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2015 14:55

Icarus wrote:Ok, quick rant here...

I don't see why a ranger couldn't team with a DA.... As long as the DA was goodaligned and not considered an outlaw of the rangers, now, as far as I know, a DA can't bee goodaligned, so this does solve itself.

I do not see any real reason why a ranger should be able to team with a holy goblin and not a holy ogre. No, I wouldn't like to see goblins being "restricted away", but the arguments about how the people of ME look at ogres aren't really holding up.
If an ogre is goodaligned, (s)he cannot enter Isengard or Minas Morgul, and the Haradrims, orcs and guards of Mordor will attack on sight.
However, (s)he can join the Thornlin Militia, walk freely into Minas Tirith and will not be attacked by Gondorian guards...

Rangers, especially those who have traveled the world outside ME have a high tolerance for other people, including those goblins who seem to fight for good.

Thematically, it'll be obvious for a ranger to be unable to team up with an Angmarian, a Morgul Mage or even an Orc, but for the poor people from outside the realm of Middle Earth, a ranger should, even if suspicious at first, judge people on a person-to-person basis. Either that, or remove the alignment restriction, since elves are inherently good, and I don't care if this is a Union member who have been walking the path of the damned or an elven archer who have never seen the "evil side" in his or her life. Arguments are the same. A scary ogre who is spottet slaying orcs and haradrims, then going by gondorians and even ranger npc's, giving them a pat on the back and being friendly, before entering into Minas Tirith isn't really someone a ranger would avoid for too long. Yes, ogres seem pretty scary, big and brutish... so does ents...

Well its more to the alignment and theme, Holy goblins do exist, look at Habiki, hes goodaligned atleast beeing a Calian.
You actually think that the rangers should team with people from a guild that serve an evil diety? :P Really? The integrity of the rangers are low I hear.
Evil affiliations shouldnt be allowed with the uber holy guilds, or should Knights run around with Morgul mages? :P DAs can be goodaligned as long as they dont logg out when they are, however any ranger with any sort of integrity should never team with someone that serves evil. The Neutral guilds are already open for everyone to team with and they judge those on alignment basis I believe?

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 29 Mar 2015 15:17

Draugor wrote:
Icarus wrote:Ok, quick rant here...

Well its more to the alignment and theme, Holy goblins do exist, look at Habiki, hes goodaligned atleast beeing a Calian.
You actually think that the rangers should team with people from a guild that serve an evil diety? :P Really? The integrity of the rangers are low I hear.
Evil affiliations shouldnt be allowed with the uber holy guilds, or should Knights run around with Morgul mages? :P DAs can be goodaligned as long as they dont logg out when they are, however any ranger with any sort of integrity should never team with someone that serves evil. The Neutral guilds are already open for everyone to team with and they judge those on alignment basis I believe?
Rangers can't team with ogres, heal ogres or cleanse ogres. Regardless if they are evil. Ogres are not part of Tolkien's realms.

Rangers can team with goblins, heal goblins or cleanse goblins, as long as they are goodaligned. Goblins are part of Tolkien's realms and set to be "inherently evil" in the lore of Middle Earth. Elves are equally set to be inherently good in the same lore.

The fact that a Ranger won't team with a DA or a knight won't team with a Mage is by choice, either by the guild's councils or by the person in question. Some guilds are unable to team with undeads, and this is part of their lore. There is, however, no hard restrictions for a knight to team with a damned character, even a morgul mage, nor a hard restriction for a DA to team with a holy character, even a calian or SCoP, as long as the DA isn't a necromancer. Rangers have far more limitations in this than just alignment. In Dragonlance (Krynn) there are ogres in the lore. They are evil, according to lore. Knights can team with ogres...
Flee you fools!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Mar 2015 15:42

Envy that SC can team with ogres and Rangers can't?

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 29 Mar 2015 15:45

Laurel wrote:Envy that SC can team with ogres and Rangers can't?
Nope, envy that everyone can team with ogres, only Rangers are restricted... And I feel that way from both sides :twisted:
Flee you fools!

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 29 Mar 2015 16:02

Icarus wrote:
Laurel wrote:Envy that SC can team with ogres and Rangers can't?
Nope, envy that everyone can team with ogres, only Rangers are restricted... And I feel that way from both sides :twisted:
What a lot of people are seemingly forgetting is the Ogre Lore, there's more to it then just smashing, drooling and speaking in the third person. Ogres serve the Dark Masters, they are not nice, they are not good. They just don't give two fucks about what the Ogres do as long as they collect heads. So when good aligned guilds team with them they are aiding the Dark Masters, now if thats the guilds choice to choose grinding parters>RP which is quite easy to figure out what 80% of the population would/is doing... then oh well. I commend the Rangers for actually sticking to what they are suppose to.

As a free person of middle earth if you see a creature collecting heads and throwing them into a bloody sack, just because they smile merrily doesn't mean red flags shouldn't be flying through your brain.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2015 16:11

if the Army of Darkness that can go holy, they should become the Puppies of Light then.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Mar 2015 16:15

You do know that the ogres are thematically... well evil tbh but their masters dont care wich way they go?
Rangers are a pure goodieguild and should like the knights be restricted to goodies, SC servers an ELEMENT, Elements are neutral. The guild aint 100% neutral but as long as it aint undead its fine I think :P

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 29 Mar 2015 16:22

should perhaps be some options for more guilds to go darkside..

Evil rangers.. they would rub your eyes and give you weapons..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 29 Mar 2015 16:25

Alorrana wrote:should perhaps be some options for more guilds to go darkside..

Evil rangers.. they would rub your eyes and give you weapons..
They sound horrible!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/