Elven Archers

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: Elven Archers

Post by Syrk » 03 Apr 2015 01:25

There is an item in the game which lets you cast a spell but you need a component to do it.
There is no way to get info on the component from the item.
So maybe it is the same with that elven spell.

You can get all ingredients you can think of and then try casting the spell.
There should be an info about an ingredient being used when the spell works.

Iris
Beginner

Post by Iris » 03 Apr 2015 03:36

Aparently its "cast elf-vision" and it works when typed this way but the weird part is it cannot be casted in dark! Whats the point?
If animals believed in god, the devil would look like a human being.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 Apr 2015 15:37

Iris wrote:Aparently its "cast elf-vision" and it works when typed this way but the weird part is it cannot be casted in dark! Whats the point?
It's a preparation spell, not a reactive spell.

For future reference, I believe that typing 'spells' will tell you what spells you can cast (with the names you should type).

Anyway, I'm planning on removing the darkvision spell from the Archers (especially since it's a guild in Krynn, and if you're a Krynn elf or half-elf you get a built-in infravision). They'll get other toys.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 03 Apr 2015 16:03

Syrk wrote:There is an item in the game which lets you cast a spell but you need a component to do it.
There is no way to get info on the component from the item.
So maybe it is the same with that elven spell.

You can get all ingredients you can think of and then try casting the spell.
There should be an info about an ingredient being used when the spell works.
Actually if you have high enough spellcraft you can "read scroll" and then input <spells> and it will tell you the name of the spell and the component needed for it.

Iris
Beginner

Post by Iris » 03 Apr 2015 18:34

Zhar wrote:
Iris wrote:Aparently its "cast elf-vision" and it works when typed this way but the weird part is it cannot be casted in dark! Whats the point?
It's a preparation spell, not a reactive spell.

For future reference, I believe that typing 'spells' will tell you what spells you can cast (with the names you should type).

Anyway, I'm planning on removing the darkvision spell from the Archers (especially since it's a guild in Krynn, and if you're a Krynn elf or half-elf you get a built-in infravision). They'll get other toys.
It would be great if archers could do some specials with arrows, for example firearrows( lighting a torch and spreading the fire to the arrow maybe) though dont know how to limit these and give a balance, or casting a freeze spell on the arrows and make them icearrows maybe. Do i make any sense at all? :roll: :) just suggestions..

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 03 Apr 2015 19:54

I believe there was a thread for such suggestions. If there isn't, you can always start another in the "Suggestion Box" section. I'd like to keep this topic strictly bug/issue-related.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 03 Apr 2015 22:52

Zhar wrote:

Zhar, sincere questions here:

What do you mean here by infravision? Krynn elves or half-elves can see in the dark? If so, then why was Iris saying she can't cast her spell "in the dark"?

Thanks.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 04 Apr 2015 00:08

That's the first I've heard of it, too.

Iris
Beginner

Post by Iris » 04 Apr 2015 01:34

Its weird, indeed. When in a dark room, it says its too dark to cast in here.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 04 Apr 2015 16:24

Mortis wrote:That's the first I've heard of it, too.
Well, it's not a full darkvision per-se, but I've noticed with one of my chars who happened to be a Krynn elf and half-elf (tried both) that regardless of darkness it can see the room exits and at least some part of room description. Also the heat signatures of creatures in dark rooms.

Code: Select all

Your elven vision reveals to you a limited view of the area.
A dark winding passage.
There are three obvious exits: north, east and up.
You recognize the heat cast by a human figure.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/