Random "world" bosses.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Endriavarel
Novice

Random "world" bosses.

Post by Endriavarel » 05 Apr 2015 14:08

Just a random idea that banged me on the head.

For every domain that the game is based on a major foe can be created. Some humongous dragon, giant or whoever. In some cases a big event in some cases just a common fight that will be fun, in most cases a "something more than a solo" thing. You can figure out some nice mechanics that only team can handle. In my opinion the game need to give more interaction between players and some randomnes. One gigantic myth can probaby take on 150 players with champion level, but what will happen if that player is "removed" from the fight by crowd control mechanic, things siddenlt gets more interesting. As I said just a random thing from my crazy brain that needs to be cleared and crystalized into something that can give possibility for newbies to be needed even by "giants" of the game.

Regards.

Drip
Wanderer

Re: Random "world" bosses.

Post by Drip » 05 Apr 2015 22:49

A random announcement like

"15 players need to be at (insert room here) with full health to unlock a treasure chest in 10 minutes"

so anyone can participate, with no race or level restrictions.
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Endriavarel
Novice

Post by Endriavarel » 05 Apr 2015 23:38

A monster so big that it's in 3 locations and you have to kill all 3 "parts" 20 seconds from the others or it will heal.
Some mage who opened a portal to a demon realm and you have to stop him. Some players have to kill demon spawns and some will have to collect pieces of ancient crystal that he shattered to open the gate.
An ancient dragon who is also a magic user and can stuck someone in ice, other players will have to "kill" the crystal to let the player loose etc.

I feels kinds WoWish but could be fun and many players could benefit from it and feel useful. Possibilities are endless just need someone to write it, code it, test it, kill it :)

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 05 Apr 2015 23:58

Endriavarel wrote:A monster so big that it's in 3 locations and you have to kill all 3 "parts" 20 seconds from the others or it will heal.
I like that one!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 05 Apr 2015 23:59

Endriavarel wrote:A monster so big that it's in 3 locations and you have to kill all 3 "parts" 20 seconds from the others or it will heal.
We already have that in Holm.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/