Elven Archers

A place for Genesis Wizards to share their latest projects and updates.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Re: Elven Archers

Post by Greneth » 07 Apr 2015 01:43

One thing I would like to suggest is perhaps making the guild both OCC and Layman, there are what... Three layman guilds that actually make sense for an Archer to join and all of them are Spell Casting guilds. And as it stands it's better to just go Merc to max skills then it is to actually join the guild as a full archer. This would allow for a much bigger upgrade, more playing room and not force people to join a spell casters guild. Make it an option maybe? If someone just want's OCC, Layman or both together?

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Apr 2015 02:21

Zhar wrote: 4. The guild is neutral in theory but you can only join and train if you're good-aligned. (All align restrictions will be removed in the new incarnation of the guild)
I would be careful with this...
The Qualinesti worship the gods of light, as well as the nature god Chislev. They do not venerate the gods of darkness at all, and any elf caught worshipping an evil god is exiled and considered a dark elf by every other Qualinesti elf.
They are neutral when it comes to the problems of the world but this does not mean they tolerate the darkness within their own home or race.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Apr 2015 08:40

> health all
You are physically slightly hurt and mentally in full vigour.
The noble nimble guard is feeling very well.
> aim at guard in head
You nock a white-feathered arrow and draw your sleek ashwood longbow, aiming carefully at the noble nimble guard.
>
You are ready to fire.
fire
The noble nimble guard shouts: Guards! Guards! To me!
The noble nimble guard smiles confidently.
You attack the noble nimble guard.
> health all
You are physically slightly hurt and mentally in full vigour.
The noble nimble guard is feeling very well.
Noticed this happening quite a bit, not sure if it's just missing or not registering the attack. This is seemingly happens only when you aim manually before combat, while in the same room. Considering I never miss on any of my other shots on them I'm assuming it's not registering.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 07 Apr 2015 09:56

OCC + LAY is an interesting concept indeed. I'll think about it.

Regarding removal of align restrictions, I was thinking of simply adding the exiled dark elf hunter in the forest, serving as a recruiter/trainer for the evil members.

Will definitely look into shots not being registered.

Great stuff Greneth. Thanks a ton.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Apr 2015 11:44

Zhar wrote:OCC + LAY is an interesting concept indeed. I'll think about it.

Regarding removal of align restrictions, I was thinking of simply adding the exiled dark elf hunter in the forest, serving as a recruiter/trainer for the evil members.

btw, drows will be allowed? :D

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 07 Apr 2015 11:58

Kvator wrote:

btw, drows will be allowed? :D
Navarre changed the archers to allow drows a long time ago.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Apr 2015 12:49

That makes much more sense, something to think about then if you're going that way would be different abilities then that can be learned from the trainers if you do go OCC+LAY. You could allow each to alter arrows differently for the Lay slot.

Good Elves:

*more damage with serrated broad-headed arrows

or

*Cause a bleeding DoT with barbed arrows

Exiled Elves:

*Able to poison arrows through herb combinations

*Health, Fatigue, Mana each that would vary in strength based on skills, recipe and Guild XP

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 07 Apr 2015 13:04

Since it became bug/feedback/ideas thread anyway. What do you think about some of those abilities?

Pin down - no damage but prevents movement.
Volley - multiple shots in rapid succession or firing several (up to 3) arrows at the same time.
Hunter's shot - applies bleed DoT, increased bleeding while moving around.

I was thinking about adding all 3 of them on the same cooldown, to give them some options for various situations.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Apr 2015 14:00

Zhar wrote:Since it became bug/feedback/ideas thread anyway. What do you think about some of those abilities?

Pin down - no damage but prevents movement.
Volley - multiple shots in rapid succession or firing several (up to 3) arrows at the same time.
Hunter's shot - applies bleed DoT, increased bleeding while moving around.

I was thinking about adding all 3 of them on the same cooldown, to give them some options for various situations.
So it would be like the Rangers brawl then, I think all three would be great tools. But knowing evils really dont have a stun or block kit in any of their guilds and goodies have a ton... id suggest both get volley and evils get pin down while good aligned get hunters shot.

This would allow you to increase the potency of them as well.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 08 Apr 2015 13:50

one additional question, since I have impression (from this forum ofc) that your attitude towards Genesis is something like 'let's make it dwarf fortress 2.0 in terms of difficulty'
this guild will remain casual as it is now (but not as useless as it is now ofc), or it will be changed to Zhar-version-of-'casual'?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/