Herbs needs to be looked at

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Herbs needs to be looked at

Post by Zhar » 15 Apr 2015 11:29

First of all, at the time we're currently in ME it is not really the Army of Angmar but its remnant after the Witch King was defeated. They were reduced to nothing more than bandits skulking about in the ruins of Carn Dum. Hence the stealthy theme.

Second of all, everything in all guilds comes at a price. There are limits set on what can be handed to the guild in terms of both skills and specials. If you want better smash/smack you'd lose some in the shield. Do you really want that?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 15 Apr 2015 11:36

but it was about removing sneak and hide (which are waste in AA) and improving slightly smash or/and cover, which makes perfect sense from AA-member pov

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 15 Apr 2015 11:51

And if the theme has changed, shouldn't the guild rules, books, website and files be updated accordingly?

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Apr 2015 12:02

Zhar wrote:First of all, at the time we're currently in ME it is not really the Army of Angmar but its remnant after the Witch King was defeated. They were reduced to nothing more than bandits skulking about in the ruins of Carn Dum. Hence the stealthy theme.

Second of all, everything in all guilds comes at a price. There are limits set on what can be handed to the guild in terms of both skills and specials. If you want better smash/smack you'd lose some in the shield. Do you really want that?

Bandits ? Again I must go to the book we have. Last page of the history..

In the year 2941, the Dark Lord was forced to abandon the home he had made in
Dol Guldur by the foul machinations of the White Council. Before leaving, he
ordered the Army of Angmar to head west to the Misty Mountains in order to
protect the misty passes from incursion and harry the followers of the Valar.
The journey undertaken by the army was a difficult one and many men were lost
both to the treacherous mountain passes and skirmishes with the cowardly elves
of Lorien. By far the greatest loss was Belturma, who at the age of 512 died a
natural death and was buried on the slopes of the Misty Mountains. So it was
that the Angmarim arrived at their current location, once more proudly raising
the banners of the Dark Lord in the North.

Ok.. The witch king was defeated yes(earlier in history), but they came back
and has been guarding the mountain pass ever sinch, forming a new army. (book says)

And again just to quote the last kown history on Angmar..

"So it was that the Angmarim arrived at their current location, once more proudly raising
the banners of the Dark Lord in the North"

Thats the last part of the Angmarian history one would read joining the guild there is no
more history about bandits, or otherwise.
It says we are here, an Army, in the North, serving the Dark Lord. If we where mere bandits
and robbers why do we have Army ranks. Wouldnt it be more thief themed ranks and titles?

Its an Army, that uses Clubs and Shields, All out frontal attack, the hide and sneak is
pointless.

Why do you talk about removing shield ability now? to get more dmg.. Im talking remove
the hide and sneak, and improve dmg and shield.. Seems logic, sinch there is no mentioning
about the sneaky stealth themed what ever you want it to be.

You cant get around it.. Its smash and bash all the way. not stealth.

And no one has asked for it to be made stealth, so why even considering going that way?
or even consider it a stealth themed guild.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 15 Apr 2015 13:06

Because Zhar. That's why.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 15 Apr 2015 13:37

@Alorrana:
I'm not the person to ask this questions about. I have nothing to do with ME as a wizard. What I mentioned was only how I see it. The problem with discrepancies regarding the guild book/lore/skill set and so forth most likely stem from AA being a very old guild that was closed for years and then reopened with specials adjusted but no work being done to the lore.

Personally I like the stealth aspect in the guild. Scare is really nice, people simply don't use it (and it does a lot of damage from what I remember).

@Syrk:
You can't remove some skills from the guild to boost the specials. They belong to completely different categories of counting guild tax and if AA specials already cap out the maximum limit set for OCC guilds (I don't know) then you can only make one special better by weakening the other.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 15 Apr 2015 13:46

Zhar wrote:@Alorrana:
I'm not the person to ask this questions about. I have nothing to do with ME as a wizard. What I mentioned was only how I see it. The problem with discrepancies regarding the guild book/lore/skill set and so forth most likely stem from AA being a very old guild that was closed for years and then reopened with specials adjusted but no work being done to the lore.

Personally I like the stealth aspect in the guild. Scare is really nice, people simply don't use it (and it does a lot of damage from what I remember).

@Syrk:
You can't remove some skills from the guild to boost the specials. They belong to completely different categories of counting guild tax and if AA specials already cap out the maximum limit set for OCC guilds (I don't know) then you can only make one special better by weakening the other.
No worries, but according to the history and lore in the guild as of now.. its smash and bash.

scare works if your fighiting a newbie, wich we arent, but the damage in it is very very low.
I use scare, tried it hidden and revealed. both are useless. and again not used.

the whole tried to impliment stealth has failed, the guild suffers from it, people want dmg. and
leave AA behind to serve in the DA or Calians.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 15 Apr 2015 13:51

Syrk?

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 15 Apr 2015 13:57

Alorrana:
I will quote a reknowned wizard

"The skills and abilites are good, you just don't know how to optimize them"

You can not expect to have a good defensive special and a good offensive one. The guild you speak of DA:s only have offensive attack. Of course it will be stronger than yours.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 15 Apr 2015 14:01

Chanele wrote:Alorrana:
I will quote a reknowned wizard

"The skills and abilites are good, you just don't know how to optimize them"

You can not expect to have a good defensive special and a good offensive one. The guild you speak of DA:s only have offensive attack. Of course it will be stronger than yours.
You beat me to it!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/