Roleplay and the new "who" command

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mortis

Re: Roleplay and the new "who" command

Post by Mortis » 16 Apr 2015 14:02

Cool idea, Arman. I agree.

I would like to see legends+ listed on who f with their titles. I don't think that means people should be able to recognize them in person without having an introduction, but why not show them on the who list? That makes sense and it's cool. I dislike how easily half the guilds in the game can hide their titles. It used to be selectively available. Now it's a bad trend.

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 18 Apr 2015 01:15

Titles without names?
After introducing or remembering a person, then show their name on <who>.
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Avarel
Apprentice

Post by Avarel » 18 Apr 2015 18:57

I like the idea of having legends+ displayed with titles in the who list, as long as it would not change who we know and recognise.

Legends and above are people of high reputation, or notoriety, in the game. For example, I have never met Irk, to the best of my knowledge, but I certainly know him by reputation, as I'm sure does everyone else with a character thirty days or older. Why would we not know when such a reputable character was making a dent in the social landscape.

Think of it like this. Many people in RL know the name of the Secretary-General of the United Nations. Most of those wouldn't recognise him by sight if they passed him in the streets, but know the titles he carries.

Maybe it is possible to add a third section to the list: players you know with titles displayed; players of high repute/notoriety with titles displayed; and players not known to you.

Avarel's player
A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna miriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 19 Apr 2015 02:01

I really like this.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 19 Apr 2015 02:16

I completely agree that seeing players of high reputation detailed in the who list sounds awesome. Having never had a character higher than veteran (but several below that), I respect those who have stayed with it on a character. I would love to see them recognized on the list, but not face-to-face.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 19 Apr 2015 14:08

Another option is people below legend can self-nominate to be known across the land... although rather than it being automatically known by all people would need to go and research the lore of an individual at the Sparkle library?

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 19 Apr 2015 18:07

Arman wrote:Another option is people below legend can self-nominate to be known across the land... although rather than it being automatically known by all people would need to go and research the lore of an individual at the Sparkle library?

If you are legendary, you wouldn't be able to hide your reputation.

I'm a fan of legend+ being shown.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/