Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Having read the note below, I think the idea sounds:

... worth a try, let's test it for a month.
72%
... like a mistake. Don't do it.
28%

Total votes: 53

Arcon

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Arcon » 18 Apr 2015 19:54

How about that once you reach the lowest possible xp amount in a mortal level you loose temporal stats, how much I don't know, but it would be time based with no limit. So, I die down to tiny legend and then I die once again my stats would be lower (you feel weak after the death) if I die again my stats would lower even more. I would slowly regain my stats and after a week I would be back. So if I don't want to play in my weakened state I could just wait out the clock and I'll be back with the stats of a tiny legend plus any xp I would have gained.

This should stop people from griefing in the "nothing to loose" state. The player won't loose more xp but they would feel weaker.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 18 Apr 2015 20:27

sounds good, but i think in the past were such proposals and were rejected, but who knows, maybe now is good time for them :)

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 18 Apr 2015 21:01

I want to take a moment as a member of the AoP team to address the concern with griefing.

I am not the AoP and so I speak only from my perspective. I must make clear that Cherek has ultimate decisions in these matters but want to give you how I see it.

Harassment is unacceptable in any form. It's not to be tolerated. Anyone griefing or harassing a person to such an extent even verbally will be dealt with swiftly. Any harm that has come to the player targeted will be addressed as well.

I personally take huge issue with harassment as it comes into play a lot in my work outside the realms. I personally see it as something that there is no place for in the realms and if brought to the attention of the AoP team will advocate strongly for action.

N.B. This does not mean proof is not required and an investegation will not happen. I just want people to be very clear that if this ends up being an occurrence during this test, or at anytime, if brought to the AoPs attention, I will be a strong advocate for action.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 19 Apr 2015 01:58

Mirandus wrote:I personally take huge issue with harassment...
This is an easy stance to take. No one here advocates griefing or harassment, but what's the definition in this new dynamic?

3 players at the bottom end of their mortal level team up to go after a myth.
1 dies. They fail.
3 die. They fail.
Finally, they succeed. Myth dies.

3 bottom enders lose nothing. Myth loses a lot (Replace myth in this scenario with anyone above bottom end in their range for same comparison).

Was it griefing? Was it harassment? Was it illegal? The myth got 4 kills vs their 1, but he's the only one who risked anything. This new dynamic seems highly abuse-able without breaking any rules.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 19 Apr 2015 02:29

Mortis wrote:
This is an easy stance to take. No one here advocates griefing or harassment, but what's the definition in this new dynamic?

1 dies. They fail.
3 die. They fail.

3 bottom enders lose nothing. Myth loses a lot (Replace myth in this scenario with anyone above bottom end in their range for same comparison).

Was it griefing? Was it harassment? Was it illegal? The myth got 4 kills vs their 1, but he's the only one who risked anything. This new dynamic seems highly abuse-able without breaking any rules.
They're losing a lot of equipment doing this. The preparation required for these attempts are quite high, and the possibility of said myth to be easily found and properly attacked more than once are scarce, unless the player is unattentive.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 19 Apr 2015 02:47

Mortis wrote:

1 dies. They fail.
3 die. They fail.

Griefing would be killing the same person over and over and over with the intent to kill from the get go, so should those 3 players continue to kill the myth then yes that would be griefing. Should the Myth continue to kill the three then yes that would be griefing. The harassment comes into play when you look at the reasons for the attacks. Are the guilds at war? Are they natural enemies? Is there previous in game bad blood between the groups or was it just that one of them called the other a name on the forums?

As for who risked what... I feel that again falls into guild choice. You want a peaceful time not having to worry about any risk and grow large and fat? Join the Mercenaries. You want to look over your shoulder and wonder where the next attack is coming from? Join the Armies, Knights, Rangers, PoT. The Calians and Neidars don't have natural enemy guilds, their "Councils" decide their fate. So join at your own risk.

If you want to prevent such acts in the first place then make the punishment worse to prevent people from being asshats and set a common ground in the rules which states if you are in a conflict guild don't expect your hand to be held but to use some common sense. Killing Laurel 5 times because he is a dick isn't justifiable, no matter how much some people want to. Attacking Laurel over and over from the moment you wake up until you sleep just to ruin his gameplay, again no matter how much fun it may be don't be stupid.

Drip
Wanderer

Post by Drip » 19 Apr 2015 04:57

Could everything that happened during the test period be tracked, so if something goes really bad then things would be restored to before the test happened.
Any progress made/lost? would be reset to before.

"oh look a Myth let's kill it for fun"
-greifers get dealt with
-victim gets stuff back
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 19 Apr 2015 12:00

3 pages in.. I still dont have a clue whats going on.. :D
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 19 Apr 2015 14:20

Alorrana wrote:3 pages in.. I still dont have a clue whats going on.. :D
If I had it to do over again, I would simplify the original post to read:

The proposal is we test, for a month, a system where once you earn your mortal title, you get to keep it. No matter how many times you die, your exp will never fall lower than what is needed to maintain that level.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 19 Apr 2015 18:03

gorboth wrote:
Alorrana wrote:3 pages in.. I still dont have a clue whats going on.. :D
If I had it to do over again, I would simplify the original post to read:

The proposal is we test, for a month, a system where once you earn your mortal title, you get to keep it. No matter how many times you die, your exp will never fall lower than what is needed to maintain that level.

G.
Worth a tryk.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/