Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Having read the note below, I think the idea sounds:

... worth a try, let's test it for a month.
72%
... like a mistake. Don't do it.
28%

Total votes: 53

Laurel

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Laurel » 07 May 2015 14:59

Splendid idea. Because logic.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 07 May 2015 15:02

From this:
Laurel wrote:Greneth joined me in discussing botting in an attempt to drill down to the underlying issues. While I agree that emo-raging and repeating emo-comments is much easier, it's also counterproductive, illogical and unreasonable.
I am again corrected in my assumption that the people I share something with (in this case - an outdated game) could appreciate the same values as I do - logic and reason.

Please don't let me confuse you into stopping to water down an attempt for a sane discussion with more fanaticism.
To this:
Laurel wrote:Splendid idea. Absolutely safe from abuse! Because logic.
The ironies are killin me.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 07 May 2015 15:11

Dread wrote:From this:
Laurel wrote:Greneth joined me in discussing botting in an attempt to drill down to the underlying issues. While I agree that emo-raging and repeating emo-comments is much easier, it's also counterproductive, illogical and unreasonable.
I am again corrected in my assumption that the people I share something with (in this case - an outdated game) could appreciate the same values as I do - logic and reason.

Please don't let me confuse you into stopping to water down an attempt for a sane discussion with more fanaticism.
To this:
Laurel wrote:Splendid idea. Absolutely safe from abuse! Because logic.
The ironies are killin me.
If you take the above seriously, you can just as well promote all Gen population currently champion and bigger to stat soft cap. If you don't understand how I come to this conclusion, I'm sorry - it's written plainly in his note.
So logically I can only take it as irony on the concept presented by Gorboth (that I gave my "Yes" vote for), hence my irony.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 07 May 2015 15:39

Please don't bash Laurel. He's actually right, no matter how awesome the crazy idea of mine was the potential for abuse there is immense. Still, thought it might be an interesting concept to tie up leveling to something other than simply going around and killing stuff and making legends and myths be truly legendary and mythical :P
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 07 May 2015 16:02

Zhar wrote:...the potential for abuse there is immense...
And this would be different how? You have people abusing the system now reaching heights only attainable by bot grinding for years. No system to the disadvantage of those that have grinded for thousands of hours will ever be supported by those who have done so. This is why change is glacial in Genesis, if it ever comes at all. I was serious about liking the idea, it would be a hoot. Yes, it would be exploited, but so will any system introduced.

As for bashing Laurel, my apologies. When someone whines about counterproductive posts, and then makes one immediately following I get all sarcastic and stuff.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/