GWC and GMCP Wishlist

General discussion about the Genesis Web Client located at https://www.genesismud.org/play/

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Eowul
Wizard

GWC and GMCP Wishlist

Post by Eowul » 20 Aug 2013 20:14

Trigger groups
More options are needed to group triggers and aliases and enable/disable in one go. Additional sorting options would also be nice.

Multiple commands in input field
ZMud supports entering multiple lines of text using ctrl + enter and allows those to be executed in one go.

Zmud style paths
Not speedwalking through the map, but actual recorded movements, optionally reversable.

Color options
Option to change the default text color

On screen keys
For people playing with ipads and such, add an overlay with programmable keys.

Programmable keys
Allow the creation of hotkeys

Logging
Store the output of the session to a logfile.

Warning on duplicate aliases

Items gone missing? Check the changelog
Caretaker of Arda

Vlek
Wanderer

Re: GWC and GMCP Wishlist

Post by Vlek » 14 May 2015 07:59

There're a few things I'd like to see added to the GMCP library:
  • character.vitals.fatigue - give the level of fatigue that the character is currently at. Currently there's only the amount that the character is burdened by stuff.
  • character.vitals.inventory - gives an object with the names and amounts of items that are in the player's backpack. (If it's more than one can readily count, then gives the string representation instead.)
  • room.mobs - gives an object with the names and amounts of a particular type of mob within the room. Also should show NPC's and players.
  • room.items - gives an object with the names and amounts of items that are on the ground. (If it's more than one can readily count, then gives the string representation instead.)
Please also make these available in the webclient which seems to be a special case or something as not everything in the GMCP library is currently available.

Vlek
Wanderer

Post by Vlek » 22 May 2015 08:37

character.vitals.equipped - returns an object that has what is worn broken up into different types. (I say vitals because there currently isn't any cubbyhole for them that is better suited.)

Vlek
Wanderer

Post by Vlek » 13 Dec 2015 06:17

Vlek wrote:There're a few things I'd like to see added to the GMCP library:
  • character.vitals.fatigue - give the level of fatigue that the character is currently at. Currently there's only the amount that the character is burdened by stuff.
  • character.vitals.inventory - gives an object with the names and amounts of items that are in the player's backpack. (If it's more than one can readily count, then gives the string representation instead.)
  • room.mobs - gives an object with the names and amounts of a particular type of mob within the room. Also should show NPC's and players.
  • room.items - gives an object with the names and amounts of items that are on the ground. (If it's more than one can readily count, then gives the string representation instead.)
Please also make these available in the webclient which seems to be a special case or something as not everything in the GMCP library is currently available.
I honestly haven't been playing because I was really hoping that room.mobs and room.items would be implemented and I wanted to wait for that before I started scripting again.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 22 Apr 2016 12:25

encumbrance

I would guess logic place would be char.vitals.encumbrance

trick
Apprentice

Post by trick » 26 Apr 2016 10:23

Vlek wrote: I honestly haven't been playing because I was really hoping that room.mobs and room.items would be implemented and I wanted to wait for that before I started scripting again.
While I am not a wizard, I think such items are quite clearly not on agenda, because they would allow for full botting, which is directly agaimst Genesis (and most other morpg) policy.

Aerzal
Greenhorne

Post by Aerzal » 10 Sep 2017 21:35

How about Github import/export? That would make it easier to edit triggers and aliases in a text editor.

As an aside, is the source to the GWC available online?

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 10 Sep 2017 23:39

Vlek wrote:*character.vitals.fatigue - give the level of fatigue that the character is currently at. Currently there's only the amount that the character is burdened by stuff.
*room.mobs - gives an object with the names and amounts of a particular type of mob within the room. Also should show NPC's and players.

yes please :D

Toferth
Wanderer

Post by Toferth » 18 Oct 2017 08:20

I'd like to see field in gmcp.comm.channel that specifies whether message comes from player or npc so I can easily filter out npc spam while fighting them and not miss important messages from friends :)

Unless it was already added an I never noticed that.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 18 Oct 2017 10:01

Try this

Code: Select all

mud.Process.outgoing.gmcp("core.options",{"npc_comms":"off"})
I think you'll have to put it on alias and run it every session. I didn't manage to find a trigger that works for logging in.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/