Calia Alchemist's Potion Quest

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Vlek
Wanderer

Calia Alchemist's Potion Quest

Post by Vlek » 25 May 2015 08:34

Can someone please explain to me how the hell you're supposed to read this? I've literally spent an hour trying every stupid combination I can think of.

*Reduction in capabilities*
Base: 1 ne, 4 fe, 2 yg
dc: + 1 st (end), +1 fe
cs: +1 st (beg)
se: +1 mp (beg), +1 yg
dt: +2 st (end)
ie: +1 mp (beg), +1 fe
wd: +2 bm (end)

**EDIT**

After some hand holding, I was able to figure it out. Here's the note that should have been given with the combinations:
Raspatoon wrote:In the margins, you see a hastily scribbled note stained with saltwater regarding mixing by Raspatoon:
(beg) (base, plus any modifiers) (end)

For example, violently puking seawater, whose base is 2 ha, 1 ne, and seawater's modifiers are +1 fe (beg), +2 ha,
the formula would be 1 fe, 4 ha, 1 ne. Pray you never are afflicted! *Burp*
Last edited by Vlek on 26 May 2015 01:58, edited 1 time in total.

Zhar
Wizard

Re: Calia Alchemist's Potion Quest

Post by Zhar » 25 May 2015 09:13

cs = constitution
dc = discipline
dt = dexterity
ie = intelligence
se = strength
wd = wisdom

Pretty straightforward.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Vlek
Wanderer

Post by Vlek » 25 May 2015 09:37

It didn't say what ailment I got, so I'm shooting in the dark and just trying them all. I have to say, this quest sucks.

Vlek
Wanderer

Post by Vlek » 25 May 2015 09:41

And that doesn't explain what "beg" and "end" means. I get that it is supposed to be beginning and end, but holy crap. That means nothing in this context. This really, really needs a sign or something. Or a book in the "new" pile that has his notes on what the hell this means.

Oh, and having to search the piles instead of examining them threw me off for a long time, too. Another contextual dead end.

Boreaulam
Wizard

Post by Boreaulam » 25 May 2015 09:59

Quest is fine and funny...
One of seconds didn't want to solve just because he could turn female and benefit from some weapons he couldn't otherwise.

Vlek
Wanderer

Post by Vlek » 25 May 2015 10:06

Look, I'm scared to log off because there's a thing saying that the effects can be long lasting. I'm just trying to get this over with because I haven't the slightest clue what did happen. Could you try to be a little more helpful?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 May 2015 13:21

None of the effects are going to be permanent, so you can definitely log off when you need to.

As for clues, it's pretty straight forward. You mix the stuff in the recipe for the particular ailment you got. It's just about identifying which abbreviation is which ingredient. If we say more we simply give the whole solution to you. The forum is for hints after all and it's hard to give more hints. you're probably just missing something that you'll find really obvious once you get it...

If you'd rather have a full solution I am sure you'll be able to find it somewhere.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 25 May 2015 14:14

vlek wrote:Look, I'm scared to log off because there's a thing saying that the effects can be long lasting. I'm just trying to get this over with because I haven't the slightest clue what did happen. Could you try to be a little more helpful?
It tells you what ailment you get when you drink the potion (in case of stats you can always just meditate to check them I think). Then it's all about reading his notes on mixing potions (it explains what beg and end mean for example), checking all the ingredients and preparing the cure.

I believe this is the first time anyone has had so much trouble with it.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 May 2015 18:51

Zhar wrote: I believe this is the first time anyone has had so much trouble with it.
I am sure there are PLENTY of people who have a had a lot of trouble with this quest and many others.:)

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 25 May 2015 19:49

Cherek wrote:
Zhar wrote: I believe this is the first time anyone has had so much trouble with it.
I am sure there are PLENTY of people who have a had a lot of trouble with this quest and many others.:)
Yes.

On other note,sorry for hijack, but it would be fun it you could help him again for the "effects"

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/