Characters' histories

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aristos
Veteran

Characters' histories

Post by Aristos » 31 Aug 2015 19:34

So, an idea:

How about we open a shelf in the Sparkle Library for players to pen down their characters' histories?

There are a lot of names that go by everyday without many knowing the history behind them and it would be interesting to associate a certain story to each one of them. Each player would be able to pen a book under his character's name and edit it according to how he wishes to be known by newcomers.

All in-game, of course.

So, an adventurer could go there, read a bit and then when coming across this person, he could already have an idea of what to expect. Also, it would make it easier for newcomers seeking out people from certain guilds to reach out to its members.

What do you think?

Think maybe it could attract old players to at least come by and record their stories for us to remember them?

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Characters' histories

Post by Cherek » 31 Aug 2015 20:37

Dont we have a function where you can add your own books already in the library?

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 31 Aug 2015 21:48

Cherek wrote:Dont we have a function where you can add your own books already in the library?

Not sure. Haven't been there in a while, but I'll check. But a way to promote it and dedicate a shelf to it would be nice. Something to create our own lore. Kind of like the statues south of the crossroads close to the former actors guild.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Sep 2015 02:51

Aristos wrote:
Cherek wrote:Dont we have a function where you can add your own books already in the library?

Not sure. Haven't been there in a while, but I'll check. But a way to promote it and dedicate a shelf to it would be nice. Something to create our own lore. Kind of like the statues south of the crossroads close to the former actors guild.
I am not entirely sure how writing books in the library works either. I know there is a room where you can write books. But I am not sure how/if they need to be approved, and how they are put on the shelves. But it sounds like an interesting idea. Perhaps it should also cost a lot of money? So only people who actually have played the game a while can create books, and so that anyone who writes a book does not take it too lightly.

The statues are only for characters whose player has sadly passed away in real life.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 02 Sep 2015 00:53

Statues can be created for many platinum coins in the Bazaar in Sybarus,

Perhaps a feature to add a plaque with a history or information about the person could be added for some more platinum.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Sep 2015 17:18

Mirandus wrote:Statues can be created for many platinum coins in the Bazaar in Sybarus,

Perhaps a feature to add a plaque with a history or information about the person could be added for some more platinum.
Oh right, we have those statues as well. Yeah that's an interesting idea too.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/