Where to grind on which level?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Where to grind on which level?

Post by Cherek » 21 Oct 2015 02:08

Arman: Yeah I too think the dracs should be more rewarding considering all their little tricks. I am not expert on that though, so when it comes XP balance you really should talk to Petros. But he is active so I am sure he'll listen! I am all for it if you wanna have a look at tweaking some Krynn/Ansalon mobs. You're the closest thing to an active Krynn liege we have anyway.:)

When it comes to Flotsam the level of BDA protection has always varied. Not sure what their current policy is. Sometimes Kernan is okay, sometimes Balifor is okay but not Flotsam, and there's been times neither has been protected. Besides, people dare grind Haradrims, I am sure they would dare grind in Flotsam/Balifor too it was rewarding. And if BDA decides to protect we'll have players interacting, which usually is a good thing anyway.

Are the undeads in the Chemosh temple a good grinding area? I considered including them, but I've never heard about or seen anyone actually go there to grind. I know I did back in -97 or something, but back then a splendid sword was pretty neat and Dragonarmy guards really good XP so... not sure how they hold up today?

Right the minotaurs. Good idea. That area could really use some love. The code is a real mess though. Wonder what silly wizard coded those!

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 21 Oct 2015 02:19

Cherek wrote: All levels
Spiders and more, Mirkwood, Gondor, (align unknown)
Oooh! more things to kill closer to home!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 21 Oct 2015 04:18

Cherek wrote:Arman: Yeah I too think the dracs should be more rewarding considering all their little tricks. I am not expert on that though, so when it comes XP balance you really should talk to Petros. But he is active so I am sure he'll listen! I am all for it if you wanna have a look at tweaking some Krynn/Ansalon mobs. You're the closest thing to an active Krynn liege we have anyway.:)

When it comes to Flotsam the level of BDA protection has always varied. Not sure what their current policy is. Sometimes Kernan is okay, sometimes Balifor is okay but not Flotsam, and there's been times neither has been protected. Besides, people dare grind Haradrims, I am sure they would dare grind in Flotsam/Balifor too it was rewarding. And if BDA decides to protect we'll have players interacting, which usually is a good thing anyway.

Are the undeads in the Chemosh temple a good grinding area? I considered including them, but I've never heard about or seen anyone actually go there to grind. I know I did back in -97 or something, but back then a splendid sword was pretty neat and Dragonarmy guards really good XP so... not sure how they hold up today?

Right the minotaurs. Good idea. That area could really use some love. The code is a real mess though. Wonder what silly wizard coded those!
I'll have a chat with Petros then :)

May also have a look at your Minotaur camp too if you don't have an issue with that?

Chemosh temple has about 9 rooms of low level priests and undead. Good for pumping up your alignment, but not as financially rewarding as the Orc camp near Bree... So unlikely to ever be that popular.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Oct 2015 04:33

Yeah feel free to have a look at the minos too. There's quite a few of them so it has the potential of being a good area for mid-level players really. The boss is pretty big though, so I suppose making the minos around him "newbie small" would be both illogical and dangerous.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 21 Oct 2015 05:22

Chemosh Temple is a known place and visited for an align boost. Its easy to kill and when your not at an extreme of either alignment can give you a 2-3 level boost... which is rare.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 21 Oct 2015 08:26

How about polishing Pax Tharkas, to make it a viable hunting spot as well?

That would be fixed, if Draconians, in general, were given a boost.

As for Shaws, I have killed there a LOT in recent months. XP is not good, and their damage special is nasty enough, so as not to warrant a boost. XP could be improved slightly for them as well.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 21 Oct 2015 17:41

It may be worthwhile to note the Ogres and Dark Elves in Sybarus as a melee-only ground.

The code on those buggers makes it impossible for a caster to even assist there.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 21 Oct 2015 17:43

Amorana wrote:It may be worthwhile to note the Ogres and Dark Elves in Sybarus as a melee-only ground.

The code on those buggers makes it impossible for a caster to even assist there.
Right. Noted.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 21 Oct 2015 19:07

Cherek wrote:
Amorana wrote:It may be worthwhile to note the Ogres and Dark Elves in Sybarus as a melee-only ground.

Right. Noted.
There are creative and even not so creative ways around that...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 22 Oct 2015 14:56

Cherek wrote:Myth
Trolls, Mithas (evil)
need over 100 to get from neutral to agreeable ... those damned suckers!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/