Mercenary and Blademaster Attacks

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dravian
Greenhorne

Mercenary and Blademaster Attacks

Post by Dravian » 08 Nov 2015 07:28

Just want to start out by saying that I love Genesis! I have played RPG games for a long time, spamming 3 decades and when I stumbled upon this, it took me back to my old days of D&D.
Back on topic:
I just wanted to know if there is a way to make Mercenary Attack and Blademaster Attack skills auto-attack like there Cadet Attack (cdonk)?

Arcon

Re: Mercenary and Blademaster Attacks

Post by Arcon » 08 Nov 2015 09:19

Triggers are your friend there.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 08 Nov 2015 21:30

Drop a note if you want a little help on the triggers :-)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 09 Nov 2015 00:42

Dravian wrote:Just want to start out by saying that I love Genesis! I have played RPG games for a long time, spamming 3 decades and when I stumbled upon this, it took me back to my old days of D&D.
Back on topic:
I just wanted to know if there is a way to make Mercenary Attack and Blademaster Attack skills auto-attack like there Cadet Attack (cdonk)?
It has been asked from the wizards numerous times. 10+ years ago BDA and RDA had this when they first opened ... and then it was removed never to return except for cadets.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Nov 2015 00:58

Dravian wrote:Just want to start out by saying that I love Genesis! I have played RPG games for a long time, spamming 3 decades and when I stumbled upon this, it took me back to my old days of D&D.
Back on topic:
If you play through our website triggers are explained here: https://genesismud.org/guide

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 09 Nov 2015 20:13

but honestly, why this can't be automated? (it was for the old mercs if I remember right), rly 90% of gen specials have the same simple pattern...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Nov 2015 23:56

Kvator wrote:but honestly, why this can't be automated? (it was for the old mercs if I remember right), rly 90% of gen specials have the same simple pattern...
I am sure it can be. I suppose those who coded guilds without that function did not think about it? Or maybe felt it was unnecessary since it's such a simple trigger to setup anyway? I don't know why some guilds have it and some don't. But I would guess even with the auto-function many would opt to not use it anyway, and instead use their own more advanced triggers to be able to control it better..?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 10 Nov 2015 00:07

Cherek wrote:
Kvator wrote:but honestly, why this can't be automated? (it was for the old mercs if I remember right), rly 90% of gen specials have the same simple pattern...
I am sure it can be. I suppose those who coded guilds without that function did not think about it? Or maybe felt it was unnecessary since it's such a simple trigger to setup anyway? I don't know why some guilds have it and some don't. But I would guess even with the auto-function many would opt to not use it anyway, and instead use their own more advanced triggers to be able to control it better..?
that may be valid for plexus and hmmm...anything else? :> it's just silly that it isn't automated. It's like using excel macros instead of dedicated software. how the triggers for almost every special can be 'more advanced' when it's always the same simple pattern:
a) you feel ready blah blah
b) mattack/attack/battack blah blah
and triggers do have delay
and it could help with some unexpected linkdeads
there is no 'reasonable reason' behind this at all (except for 'lack of time' ofc, but it's not like the changes in titles, super-long notes on common board or other things are muuuuuch more important ;) )

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Nov 2015 19:34

I can think of a bunch of more special attacks that you might want to control. But regardless of that, sure, like I said, I guess that automated specials would be a nifty feature in many guilds. Automated coin-looting, or leftover-harvesting would be too. And a gazillion of other things. I do not see the immediate need though, since the guilds newbies are likely to join have automated specials already (I think?), and such triggers are extremely easy to set up anyway. So yeah, I am gonna pull up the "lack of time / motivation" card on this one.:) But that's just me, if some wizard said they wanted to do this, I sure would not stand in their way. But it's not really up to me, as most guilds do have guildmasters.

Not sure which new titles your are referring to? As for long common board posts, me and Gorboth compete in writing the longest one, so that why it matters! Ok, maybe not, but I think the posts on the common board always contain useful information. And it's kind of hard to compare writing a note with adding features to a whole lot of guilds in Genesis, all coded differently. I think that would be a much bigger job than posting a few notes now and then....:)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 11 Nov 2015 03:46

Cherek wrote:I can think of a bunch of more special attacks that you might want to control. But regardless of that, sure, like I said, I guess that automated specials would be a nifty feature in many guilds. Automated coin-looting, or leftover-harvesting would be too. And a gazillion of other things. I do not see the immediate need though, since the guilds newbies are likely to join have automated specials already (I think?), and such triggers are extremely easy to set up anyway. So yeah, I am gonna pull up the "lack of time / motivation" card on this one.:) But that's just me, if some wizard said they wanted to do this, I sure would not stand in their way. But it's not really up to me, as most guilds do have guildmasters.

Not sure which new titles your are referring to? As for long common board posts, me and Gorboth compete in writing the longest one, so that why it matters! Ok, maybe not, but I think the posts on the common board always contain useful information. And it's kind of hard to compare writing a note with adding features to a whole lot of guilds in Genesis, all coded differently. I think that would be a much bigger job than posting a few notes now and then....:)
by title stuff I meant the last 'event' to create new mortal titles (the first completely unimportant wizard-related case that came to my mind)
coin-looting, leftover-harvesting thingies are not that similar to automatic specials: lots of ppl don't do this (most of us don't need leftovers, most of us don't loot coins because encumbrance); sure it could be implemented, but it would be probably added to global 'options' and we have quite a few of these already. On the other hand I can not figure out why some ppl won't use special attacks (except for a veeeery few of these - like plexus).
Of course it's not like the most important issue right now, but lack of it (after so many years) is just silly (for me)

Peace!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/