feature idea

Report bugs and suggest new features for the web client here.

Moderator: Eowul

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alisa
Hero

feature idea

Post by Alisa » 02 Jan 2016 13:38

Hi there

A good thing would be, if you were able to click on the magic map, and speed-walk to the location.

I can´t find anyone suggestion it before, so i thought i would throw it up. I have no idea on how much work it would be, but better give useless ideas than give no ideas. :-)

Good luck, and thanks for the work so far.

Mystina

Re: feature idea

Post by Mystina » 03 Jan 2016 03:31

I wouldn't mind this, I get lost easy, even in text beaded mud. Lol...

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 03 Jan 2016 22:14

idk wouldnt it ruin the whole roleplay-thing we have going on here? Wouldnt it ruin some quests if we could easily find our way back? i mean sometimes the waiting for boats frustrates me a bit, but then again it makes it more 'real' to me ;)

i do make triggers for paths i walk often
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 04 Jan 2016 03:20

Could make it rp friendly like new magic or tech recently discovered or invented.

Maybe we discover a new realm with teleport technology, and we buy a teleport system that lets of save and return two points.

Like warp and mark in elder scrolls morrowind.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 04 Jan 2016 10:43

Mystina wrote:Could make it rp friendly like new magic or tech recently discovered or invented.

Maybe we discover a new realm with teleport technology, and we buy a teleport system that lets of save and return two points.

Like warp and mark in elder scrolls morrowind.

That suggestion, i feel, would be wrong. There are already various types of teleportation in game, and very limited.
gold bezie wrote:idk wouldnt it ruin the whole roleplay-thing we have going on here? Wouldnt it ruin some quests if we could easily find our way back? i mean sometimes the waiting for boats frustrates me a bit, but then again it makes it more 'real' to me ;)

i do make triggers for paths i walk often
Not for me. If i press 9(NE) 5 times, or i click on the map and it sends me 5 times NE does the same for me. :-)

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 04 Jan 2016 21:32

Not for me. If i press 9(NE) 5 times, or i click on the map and it sends me 5 times NE does the same for me. :-)[/quote]

yeah you have a good point there...
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Vlek
Wanderer

Post by Vlek » 16 Jan 2016 07:17

Alisa wrote:if you were able to click on the magic map, and speed-walk to the location.
This is a really decent suggestion. It's something that's already available in many of the non-browser-based mud clients, so I don't see how other people would belly ache about it not being RP-friendly considering it's widely available elsewhere. It'd require some definite reworking of the map system though considering right now it throws the client a text-based map without buttons or really too much indication of where all of the possible locations are (This might get tricky for hidden locations unless the server keeps a list of all locations the player has been). It'd be easy enough I think to add in submit buttons with some sort of fastwalk command to a given room id. It's thoroughly doable.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/