Leader Purge.

Contains all the suggestions that are posted in the game. Can't make new suggestions here, use the Suggestion Box forum for that!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Leader Purge.

Post by Rhynox » 19 May 2010 04:08

From what I remember, the clan has two systems: if the Thane doesn't log in 2 months, he is automatically demoted. Also, if 3 weeks pass without the Thane logging, any Dwarven Elder can claim his position and become Thane without having to hold an election. With those two safeguards we can handle lazy kings :)

Whether they want to be active or not, it is a different matter. It is enough for us to just hear his opinion on some subjects where we can't decide, since recruiting is done by elders too.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 19 May 2010 07:46

Rhynox wrote:From what I remember, the clan has two systems: if the Thane doesn't log in 2 months, he is automatically demoted. Also, if 3 weeks pass without the Thane logging, any Dwarven Elder can claim his position and become Thane without having to hold an election. With those two safeguards we can handle lazy kings :)

Whether they want to be active or not, it is a different matter. It is enough for us to just hear his opinion on some subjects where we can't decide, since recruiting is done by elders too.
That sounds like a good start. So what do you do when you encounter a Genesis version of a career politician that clings to power for the sake of clinging to power?
Can you boot a Thane that's been sitting there too long or is just huge aggressive against anyone not letting him rule the guild singlehandedly, without the Thane having gone inactive?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 May 2010 15:31

Rhaegar wrote:That's why I think all guilds should be reworked to have:

(...)
All in all, an automated guild-policing system, at least until some bright future when the game population increases again.
I don't know you, so I might fail on judgment but ... is that irony, sarcasm, are you kidding or are there some "minor hooks" that completely overhaul the sound of this "proposal"? ;)

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 19 May 2010 18:20

Makfly wrote:Can you boot a Thane that's been sitting there too long or is just huge aggressive against anyone not letting him rule the guild singlehandedly, without the Thane having gone inactive?
No, from a RPG view the Neidar Clan is a kingdom, and whatever the Thane does and says is law. So, it doesn't make sense to "kick" the Thane while he is active. I believe the Thane had around 7 or 8 thanes (hmm... can't remember all of them, but it should be like Dnovo, Rauko, Blizzard, Logg, Rhynox, Galadur and Barin--I was Thane twice, Logg three, and I think I am missing one before Blizzard), and only during Blizzard time he would be absent for a lot of time (back then the Thane would not be demoted if he spent a couple of months away). He then stepped down before wizzing, and followed Logg, myself (I stayed for a year, then stepped down, and during a year or so the clan was headless because we didn't have the ability to claim the spot without holding an election... the election consisted on Dwarven Elders and Chieftains voting for any dwarven elder, and whoever got 3 votes would become thane... but the votes had to be done before Armageddon, so it was pretty hard to coordinate the Elders to choose one since 20 hours armies were around). We had to mail each other and find a day to vote for Galadur. He then went absent and was demoted, so Logg took back power and then chose Barin as sucessor, who ruled for almost a year before going inactive.

In any case, we are pretty few and our guild isn't one to affect the global balance, so whether we have an offensive or defensive thane doesn't really matter.

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 19 May 2010 18:58

It seems to me, that it is a shame that most guilds don't have a way to kick a guildleader, in this case a Thane, if they are just moderately active.

In case of the Neidar Clan...It wouldn't seem unlikely that there are challenges to the seat of power, be that a Thane, a King or whatever. Isn't that the essence of many great stories from real-world history?
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Titan

Post by Avatar » 20 May 2010 07:55

Makfly wrote:It seems to me, that it is a shame that most guilds don't have a way to kick a guildleader, in this case a Thane, if they are just moderately active.

In case of the Neidar Clan...It wouldn't seem unlikely that there are challenges to the seat of power, be that a Thane, a King or whatever. Isn't that the essence of many great stories from real-world history?
Well, it is not the way of the dwarf to challenge for position or power.

A Thane (King) reigns for as long as he lives or wants.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 21 May 2010 14:54

Rhynox wrote:I believe the Thane had around 7 or 8 thanes (hmm... can't remember all of them, but it should be like Dnovo, Rauko, Blizzard, Logg, Rhynox, Galadur and Barin--I was Thane twice, Logg three, and I think I am missing one before Blizzard), and only during Blizzard time he would be absent for a lot of time (back then the Thane would not be demoted if he spent a couple of months away)

It was Dvoro, Rauko, Blizzard, Logg.. you got the order right, but made a typo in the name :). You had to be really lucky to see Dvoro online too, he used to pop in like once a month :P Chuck, Dragg and Lanfear were Elders back then, hardly active too...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 21 May 2010 15:43

Chuck WAS active! :D I loved that guy! I took him to JDoll (which I didn't know back then) and told him the cloaks of the dwarves seemed super cool - we proceeded to attack the dwarves and suddenly all hell breaks loose, Chuck and me wimp around and we don't even know what happened ... such were the stats of the players who ruled guilds (Chuck) back in the days 8-)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 21 May 2010 19:07

Laurel wrote:such were the stats of the players who ruled guilds (Chuck) back in the days 8-)
Ahh, the times when people still had to team to take down dragons and stuff like that. :)
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 21 May 2010 19:34

Rhaegar wrote:
Laurel wrote:such were the stats of the players who ruled guilds (Chuck) back in the days 8-)
Ahh, the times when people still had to team to take down dragons and stuff like that. :)
dragons? team up to kill lethal uglyfaced draconians! :P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/