List of align / racial restricted quests

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Cherek » 02 Feb 2016 03:08

So, as discussed in another thread, I thought we could all help out trying to list all quests that are restricted by either align or race, and that cannot be completed unless you either change align from good to evil, or the other way around, or change race. Quests that have both good and evil versions are of course fine, and should not be listed here.

Please help me add things to the list, and answer stuff with a question mark.

- Ranger entrance (goodie only? race restrictions?)
- Quests given by the ranger guild NPCs (goodie only? race restrictions?)
- Several of Hunthor's tours and quests in Minas Tirith (goodie only, no goblins regardless of align?)
- Eil-Galaith entrance quest (goodie only, no goblins regardless of align?)
- Some quests from Gunthar in Vingaard Keep (goodie only, no goblins regardless of align?)
- Rivendell quests (goodie only?, are goblins allowed is good?)
- Evil align only quests in Sybarus? Which one(s)?

Draugor
Myth

Re: List of align / racial restricted quests

Post by Draugor » 02 Feb 2016 10:31

Goodie only, Sybarus with the faeries on the holm
Elfhelm will attack evils and goblins I believe?
As will the ranger questmaster

Ofcourse the morgul questmaster wont abide to goodies, duuuh? :P

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 02 Feb 2016 12:59

Isn't there a quest associated with Kitiara showing up at the Keep?

There are a bunch of quests in the Calian Palace .. not sure if you can't do them only if you're an enemy .. ? or alignment effects them as well?

What about the quests in Thalassia? Are those alignment restricted?

Are Goblins still banned from Calathin? Not sure if that race restrict was removed now? but if it hasn't that would make questing in Calathin quite difficult.

Are the quests in and around the Shire with all the hobbits align restricted? (I have no idea)
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 02 Feb 2016 13:50

#1: Help Mrs. Maggot fetching her mushrooms.
#2: Help daughter of Maggots collect her beads.
#3: Bring the Dark Lord's horse to Bree stables, which is apalling if not offending at all.

Berwyn
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Feb 2016 13:50

Kitriana wrote:Isn't there a quest associated with Kitiara showing up at the Keep?

There are a bunch of quests in the Calian Palace .. not sure if you can't do them only if you're an enemy .. ? or alignment effects them as well?

What about the quests in Thalassia? Are those alignment restricted?

Are Goblins still banned from Calathin? Not sure if that race restrict was removed now? but if it hasn't that would make questing in Calathin quite difficult.

Are the quests in and around the Shire with all the hobbits align restricted? (I have no idea)

Yea but the Keep quest is not racially or alignment restricted, its just a matter of timing
Goblins can go in Calathin but not shop :P
Hobbits I believe have no align rest

Titan

Post by Avatar » 02 Feb 2016 14:19

Thanarians used to be denied entrance to MT as well. I doubt they ever changed that. So ALL quests in MT are off limits if you're goblin, thanarian and/or evil.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 02 Feb 2016 14:21

Avatar wrote:Thanarians used to be denied entrance to MT as well. I doubt they ever changed that. So ALL quests in MT are off limits if you're goblin, thanarian and/or evil.
You don't need to knock on the gates to enter MT ... or do you mean quest gives have a check for this as well?

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 02 Feb 2016 15:43

Some of the above-mentioned quests are irrelevant.

-The Black Horse Quest has both a good and evil version.
-The quest involving Kitiara and freeing Gunthar while near Vingaard, can be done when evil.
-Minas Tirith/Vingaard Keep you cannot enter if you are a goblin ever. You also cannot enter when evil.
-Rivendell you can enter as a goblin but not as evil.
-Minas Morgul you cannot enter if you are an elf (drow you can) or good.

I think that the entrances to those cities if you are under the size of adventurer/adept should give you a WARNING when you knock on the gates instead of sending out auto-hunting guards or in the case of MT a wave of archers. But I do not think the quests should be altered for alignment. One can change alignment if one wants to do the quest. Even if they are in a guild of the opposite spectrum. The guild won't kick them (except for the RP heavy ones) unless they log out the opposite side.

The race issue though.... Goblins/Elves should be able to pledge some sort of vow that they will enter the areas only to do the quests.... PUnishment obviously should be meted out if they fail to do this and if they have no quests remaining from the taskmasters the mod should be removed.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 02 Feb 2016 16:14

How is stealing from the Dark Lord, in anyway withing a spectrum of the alignment?

B.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 18 Feb 2016 04:11

#4. Orc caves in Mysty Mountains, there seems to be the only solution but slay those goblins. Am I supposed to wait ages in ME's timeline, to do the quest, with the chance of success nine to one? ; ]

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/