PvP in Genesis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Elita
Apprentice

PvP in Genesis

Post by Elita » 08 Feb 2016 14:31

Ok, so I am a bit upset here. We all know that PvP is free and that you can more or less kill anyone for
any reason, legit or made up, whatever. But seeing that there are people that really despise PvP out
there, how are they "protected"? I mean, my thoughts are that if you join a guild like say, Rangers, Knights
DA, Mages etc. with clearly stated enemies, then you should expect that you might get attacked and killed.
BUT if you strive to get as far away from this as possible and join Mercs/glads both neutral and keep layman
afflictions to neutral as well ie not joining AA/Templars/thieves etc then shouldnt you be out of harms way?

Due to BS politics and bored (PvP loving) players or bullies, cause lets face it these people has grown so F*ing
huge that there is hardly anyone matching them (and they know it), I lost one of my longest and closest friends that really HATE
PvP, he opted to delete his chars cause he felt that no matter what actions he took, making them neutral etc
they were still getting attacked and it RUINED his fun.. THIS FUCKING SUCK ASS!! I am frustrated that it
even came to this, and this is also why we need statcap.

Casbaar/Elita/Cortez's Puppetmaster

Draugor
Myth

Re: PvP in Genesis

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2016 16:23

The problem is this

DO are in the war due to Seren and Balhut :P So... he'd have to leave again.
Also, pvp is 100% free so no punishment there

Just because you switch guilds, it doesent mean your old sins wont follow you there :P

Imo it sucks he deleted himself, yes it clearly blows in every damn way, I agree.

But pvp is as I said, free. You can attack anyone for whatever reason, I am not saying I agree with that policy, but guilds are the only thing that restrict that, or rather councils... or they dont restrict wich is the case sometimes

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 16:33

I agree this is really lousy. I really wish we could find a reasonable way to deal with this issue. Or at least create a way to make PVP fun and interesting for people instead of something they dreaded. I know we had a long conversation once about how we could potentially differentiate PVP from grinding.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 08 Feb 2016 17:01

want fun? remove eq and exp lose from PvP :)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 17:09

What about making it so there is a different perk to killing someone in PVP as opposed to just the them just dying .. them losing xp .. them losing their equipment?

A new system that tracks pvp kills and provides a totally unique reward for those kills.
And then the kill doesn't create XP loss or Equipment loss.
Maybe a temporary stat loss for say 1 day -- but then bounces back up?

I think that would help remove some of the frustration for players who get killed in PVP and then decide to abandon Genesis due to feelings of never being able to get back at the person who killed them due to size imbalance?

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 08 Feb 2016 18:55

I think that first of all we need to ask the folks in charge, i.e. wizards, whether they think that PvP in its current form is flawed.

The next question is... do they want to do something about it?

And thirdly do they need players feedback?

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 08 Feb 2016 19:35

this subject was here many times and always there is someone who wants more exp loss and no recovery, dead must be painful, Genesis isnt nice game, IT MUST HURTS.
After all we end in nothing and there is no changes in game.

Altough I am shocked wizies created recovery system :) It was great move, but about 10 years too late.

I think death should work like in most MMORPG, there are bunch of ppl, who try to create fun game for ppl, not frustrating game ;)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2016 19:37

Irk wrote:this subject was here many times and always there is someone who wants more exp loss and no recovery, dead must be painful, Genesis isnt nice game, IT MUST HURTS.
After all we end in nothing and there is no changes in game.

Altough I am shocked wizies created recovery system :) It was great move, but about 10 years too late.

I think death should work like in most MMORPG, there are bunch of ppl, who try to create fun game for ppl, not frustrating game ;)

The gearloss is actually quite in line with RP etc, you die, the gear stays on your dead form :P

The XP loss... remove the damn recovery and instill some sort of rule to pvp to keep it from running rampant and reduce the game to a bunch of experts

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 20:41

Seriously .. I don't understand this continued need for us to say that PVP needs to hurt.
Or that it really requires the aggressor to be able to take the equipment of the victim.

Why is it that someone's enjoyment of the game is directly correlated to how much you ruin someone elses gameplay? And create so much frustration that you make them quit the game? Is that what you REALLY want? You want people to quit the game in frustration? What .. so that you an have all the hunting grounds to yourselves?

OR -- would you rather they stuck around so you could have further interesting interactions with them?

If the reward given to the aggressor via some other system was sufficient to create interest to you to involve in PVP. And the victim was given a more minor form of deficiency - ie Can't access something for a day .. or has an effect on their special for a day... Wouldn't that truly be enough of an interest for PVP?

I get that from an RP perspective it makes sense to maintain looting.. But can't we for the sake of game mechanics to make the game enjoyable. And to make PVP enjoyable and interesting.. find a different alternative instead of just insisting on the status quo. because the status quo is not working.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 08 Feb 2016 21:14

Kitriana wrote:Seriously .. I don't understand this continued need for us to say that PVP needs to hurt.
Or that it really requires the aggressor to be able to take the equipment of the victim.

Why is it that someone's enjoyment of the game is directly correlated to how much you ruin someone elses gameplay? And create so much frustration that you make them quit the game? Is that what you REALLY want? You want people to quit the game in frustration? What .. so that you an have all the hunting grounds to yourselves?

OR -- would you rather they stuck around so you could have further interesting interactions with them?

If the reward given to the aggressor via some other system was sufficient to create interest to you to involve in PVP. And the victim was given a more minor form of deficiency - ie Can't access something for a day .. or has an effect on their special for a day... Wouldn't that truly be enough of an interest for PVP?

I get that from an RP perspective it makes sense to maintain looting.. But can't we for the sake of game mechanics to make the game enjoyable. And to make PVP enjoyable and interesting.. find a different alternative instead of just insisting on the status quo. because the status quo is not working.
agree 100%

no death penalty through pvp = people pvping for the sake of pvp-fun/due to RP obligations/no frustration for those on receiving end
death penalty through pvp = people pvping to destroy other ppl fun/bully/grief/lots of frustration for some people targeted (for no 'real reason')*

* yes it's how it works = best example was when there was this death-free perion in Genesis and some mm's delayed their execution just to hurt their target. Beautiful and immersed RP <3

Current pvp system is a stinkhole for people lacking something important in their rl-life experience :(

Of course eq should stay with the body :) otherwise it would be stupid (potenital eq loss ain't that HARD to live with anyway)

Please consider giving something to the winners instead of taking things away from losers.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/