PvP in Genesis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: PvP in Genesis

Post by Amberlee » 08 Feb 2016 21:22

No Kvator.
No penalty with PvP death means havoc.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 08 Feb 2016 21:25

Amberlee wrote:No Kvator.
No penalty with PvP death means havoc.
We have havoc already. Impactful (in negative way) havoc as we can see.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 21:26

Why Amberlee? Why can't we have something else in place?
Why does it HAVE to create havoc?
Why can't it be a reward to the aggressor instead of a penalty to the loser?

I just don't understand that at all!
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2016 21:27

Kitriana wrote:Why Amberlee? Why can't we have something else in place?

Because alot of people punish others by killing them, if nothing happens, its not a punishment.

Also, if you only get rewarded, and the other player not punished, its insanely easy to abuse
Last edited by Draugor on 08 Feb 2016 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 21:28

Why can't the fact that the person died in an RP kind of way be punishment enough .. and that you are getting some kind of reward for that death be the worthwhile factor in it?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2016 21:29

Kitriana wrote:Why can't the fact that the person died in an RP kind of way be punishment enough .. and that you are getting some kind of reward for that death be the worthwhile factor in it?

Cause alot of people dont want to RP :P
Also, without an xp punishment, changing guilds would be more or less impossible

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 08 Feb 2016 21:29

Draugor wrote:
Kitriana wrote:Why Amberlee? Why can't we have something else in place?

Because alot of people punish others by killing them, if nothing happens, its not a punishment.
People who want to 'punish' others in computer game are strange. Dangerously strange. Don't think they should be considered 'target' by wizards here.

Abuse in reward system - I am pretty sure it can be coded 'against the abuse' (ofc there will be gaps - like in every system - current pvp system is being abused for years)

Changing guilds - it can remains as it is - or even with harder penalty (except for some specific guilds like mercs/glads etc ofc) w/e
Last edited by Kvator on 08 Feb 2016 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 21:34

Draugor wrote:
Kitriana wrote:Why can't the fact that the person died in an RP kind of way be punishment enough .. and that you are getting some kind of reward for that death be the worthwhile factor in it?

Cause alot of people dont want to RP :P
Also, without an xp punishment, changing guilds would be more or less impossible
Why would be impossible to change guilds?
I'm talking about PVP death .. not death due to leaving a guild or death due to npc, or poison or herbs... or falling off a cliff. I'm talking strictly about PVP death.

And if people don't want to RP .. then maybe they shouldn't be involved in PVP in the first place and that not having an xp loss with that kind of death would be a positive thing. We are trying to discourage killing for the sake of making people's lives miserable that they want to quit the game.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 21:42

I get that kill stealing is lousy and shitty.
And as someone who plays a character who finds stealing to be the ultimate offense -- I can certainly relate to that person deserving to die for their actions.

But really.. from an RP perspective .. I just want the character to die. I don't want to make that person quite the game. I just want to inconveince them. I don't feel the need to set them back weeks or months of time. Why isn't it sufficient to handicap them for a certain period of time instead of destroy their will to play Genesis?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 08 Feb 2016 21:42

People steal.
People killsteal.
How in the blue hell is it possible to punish them if you remove death penalty for PvP?
Hell some people actually still dont care because its too easy to recover anyway, and too hard to die.

And that is why Kit.
People dont give a rats arse about RP "punishment" death if it means they get away with it on all other accounts.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/