PvP in Genesis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Re: PvP in Genesis

Post by Kvator » 08 Feb 2016 21:46

Amberlee wrote:People steal.
People killsteal.
How in the blue hell is it possible to punish them if you remove death penalty for PvP?
Hell some people actually still dont care because its too easy to recover anyway, and too hard to die.

And that is why Kit.
People dont give a rats arse about RP "punishment" death if it means they get away with it on all other accounts.
Thievery could be removed (or restricted hardly code-wise)
And xp from 1 mob is not thaaaaat big reward.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 21:48

Why can't you handicap them in a different way? Why does it have to be an XP hit that sets people back months of time? Why are we enforcing a system of PVP to "punish" people who steal kills and loot .. while it damages PVP in the game in general? I want a PVP system that encourage PVP and makes it something interesting and rewarding. Not just a mechanism to punish thieves of loot and grinding.

Currently... whenever we have a guildwar ... everyone goes into hiding... stay in their guildhouses... or play their alt characters. Or quit the game because they are disillusioned that they can never grow big enough to get back at the grinders who killed them.

The status quo is broken and we need to think of an alternative instead of just being naysayers. Why can't you guys think creatively to come up with an alternative that is appealing to you.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 21:57

I implore everyone -- to come up with interesting ideas of what you be alterantive punishments for PVP deaths besides XP. And interesting ideas for rewards for the person who kills someone in PVP. What would you like to see?

I will continue to edit this post with any ideas submitted -

Alternative Punishments:
- Person's Special is reduced in some way for x period of time
- Person has some kind of a wound that makes them heal slower and prevents them from grinding too quickly for X period of time .. and more susceptible to attacks during that time period
- Something happens to their eyesight so they misjudge their opponents for X period of time -- reducing their killing ability or something of that nature.

Rewards (Could be for individual or possibly for guild):
- ?? Ideas??

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 08 Feb 2016 22:03

So if we die you have the recovery system. This could remain and is good for npcs imho.

If you die in pvp, maybe dont remove xps but do the opposite. So you die and lose your gear. And then the number of xps you would lose to the npc death are calculated. For whatever that number is you gain xps at half the rate.

So you have 2000 total combat xps.
When if you die to an npc and lose 1000 xps, you are on recovery for that 1000xps. Back to size back to normal. Reduced to 1000xps and on recovery til 2000xps.

If you die in pvp, your number of 1000xps is calculated, but now instead of being reduced to 1000 combat xps and on recovery. You remain at 2000 combat xps. And til you reach 3000 combat xps you gain xps at a reduced rate.

If you die to an npc, this effect is removed and you are on recovery. If you die again to a pvp opponent before you get your to 3000xps .... you suffer only loss of gear.

So being killed multiple times to pvp will do little but take your gear. You wont suffer a punishment in size unless you die to npcs.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 22:05

Ydred --- that sounds really complicated ...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 08 Feb 2016 22:23

I would like to see a recovery system that works in different ways. Not everyone likes or can (due to guild choice or time to play) recover in a fair amount of time.

Maybe a set amount of time would give you a full restore without having to go through the grinding. To promote activity and time spent, grinding can make the process shorter.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 08 Feb 2016 22:28

Reduce special for death. (now you are weaker when pvp killed for x time)
Does this effect remove when killed to npcs? ( answer)
If you die to pvp again does more get added to punishment?( remaining x time + more x time)

Mine
Reduce xps gain (you are same power when pvp killed but gain xps slower for x amount of xps)
Does this effect get removed when killed to npcs (yes)
If you die to pvp again does more get added to punishment(no you only lose gear)

It is pretty simple. I would rather avoid reduced power to specials since that weakens you more when you need to be strongest (in pvp combat).

In mine you are same size upon pvp death. But always lose gear. You may gain xps abit slower for a calculated time but you can not get this negative again til you fulfill the first or die to an npc)

Also I think if the punishment is just X time something happens, people will just log out til X time is done. Or play alts. And that is what people are claiming is happening now.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2016 22:37

And we'll still have the problem that people are getting insane sizes but noone can regulate it :P Now we have a few that are gigantic, want to make them grow even bigger? Remove deathpenalty :P Cause they are more than able to keep everyone on a certain size

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 22:44

So there are two issues.
Not saying they aren't linked in some way... but I only am talking about dealing with the issue of how to make PVP interesting, fun, and something people don't cower away from.

I want ideas for alternative punishments and rewards for PVP.

Please start another topic to address the size issue.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 08 Feb 2016 23:04

PvP issues. Size imbalances. PvP death penalties.

We could make a pvp stone imbuement system. Which super huge players would not have access too.

Or we could use potions, where some determined size allowed you to buy pvp potions which would increase your stats by X amount. The smaller you are the more it increases you and the bigger you are the less it does. This would stack on current stones? No idea.

Or when you enter into pvp combat your stats are increased automatically to make yourself equal to the other guy/gal? Closer to the other guy/gal? This would make some powerful guilds way more powerful and woudl need to rebalance them for pvp for sure.

Death in pvp you always lose gear.
Do you lose xps?
Do you lose power to special ?
Do you heal slower?
Do you fatigue faster?
Do you stay same size and gain xps for some time at a slower rate?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/