strange request

Anything that doesn't fit in the other forums, feel free to throw this way. Silly fun things encouraged!

Moderator: Hektor

Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aerylina-leafschade

strange request

Post by Aerylina-leafschade » 11 Feb 2016 05:46

I'm trying to find an anime I watched in high school, it was around 1999 and 2003 most likely around 2001

I don't recall name but I recall bits of the story.

The anime was about a team of teenagers, who were called Jaeger pilots. They flew/ fought in mecha robots calked jaegers.

one characters goal was to be a jaeger pilot, going through trials and tribulations to do so.

Thing is every time I look this up, I find pacific rim. I'm honestly wondering if the movie is actually a remake of an anime of similar themes and English titles but is so obscure no one knows of it.

I saw this on the old Comcast on demand back when it had an anime section and bento beat box.

Thing is I never saw pacific rim and I recall hearing the terms and similar story back when I was 16.

Anyway, if anyone knows the anime or knows what to look up much help.

Anime I Know it's not

Gundam wing
Big o
Zoids
Neon genesis evangalion
Godanner

Any help is grateful, it been bugging my since pacific rim was in theaters cuz I swear it was an anime first that ppl just don't know.

Just can't remember the dam anime name.

Alisa
Hero

Re: strange request

Post by Alisa » 11 Feb 2016 11:01

jaeger references from wiki, fictional section with anime mention:

Fictional[edit]
Gray Fox (Frank Jaeger), a character in the Metal Gear series
Jagar Tharn, a fictional character in The Elder Scrolls universe
Karl Jaeger, a playable character in the game Alien Swarm
Felix Jaeger, a fictional character in the Gotrek and Felix series
Jägermonsters, a fictional race from the Girl Genius comics
Gen. Radi Jaeger, a fictional villain in the video game Valkyria Chronicles
The Strong Jaeger, a red and yellow robot with a signature J on his chest appearing in the videos of songs of the same name in the beatmania IIDX music games
Jäger, the field-name of the first and most basic of the Southern forces in the video and board game series Heavy Gear
Jaegers, small steampunk-style attack bots used by Nemesis in City of Heroes and City of Villains
Each of the "Invisible 9" units of the manga and anime series Pumpkin Scissors is nicknamed using "Jäger"; the soldiers of the most prominent unit, 901 are known as Gespenst Jäger
Jager, a playable defensive character in the asymmetric multiplayer modes of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. His name is a result of German affiliation with GSG 9 and his roaming or 'hunting' play-style.
The Bishop's Jaegers (1932), a comic novel by Thorne Smith
Pilgrim Jäger, a Japanese manga series
Jaeger Corps in The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Jäger Sucher, German for hunter searcher, clandestine government group of werewolf hunters in the Night Creature series by Lori Handeland
Jaegers, a fictional type of giant piloted robots (mecha) that fight alien monsters called Kaiju in the 2013 film Pacific Rim
Eren Jäger/Eren Yeager, protagonist in the Attack on Titan manga and anime
Jaeger, a tank-like character of the Teknos faction in The Unholy War
Jaegers, a group in the Akame ga Kill! manga and anime
Franz Jaeger, a fictional german bank box company which features in the danish comedy film series, the Olsen gang

Aerylina-leafschade

Post by Aerylina-leafschade » 11 Feb 2016 12:12

I saw that but I don't trust wiki

Gold reason not too, jaguar tharn isn't pronounced yagar. But jag are

Where Jaeger is pronounced yay gar

Ima check pumpkin scissors. I know its not that ga kill cuz that is a recent anime the anime I'm trying to remember is Old.

We talking gundam fighters old the campy gundam series where students live on a space station are attacked they board an escape ship learn to pilot robots but all drift apart and end up killing each other in civil war, having the protagonist girlfriebd turn evil and did sending him into ptsd mode where only him and 1 other character live.

She had pink hair long dies when her ship explodes and see her body float in space.
Last edited by Aerylina-leafschade on 11 Feb 2016 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 11 Feb 2016 12:13

Maybe you could recognize it from here?

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/all?s ... 193&page=2

Aerylina-leafschade

Post by Aerylina-leafschade » 11 Feb 2016 14:55

Mayobe wrote:Maybe you could recognize it from here?

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/all?s ... 193&page=2

That helps but the synopsis don't strike me as which 1 and I had 1/2 those anime

This is what I recal

It was animated in the style of gundam wing

the main character was a teen boy who grew up hearing of Jaeger pilots who fought intergalactic monsters.

The pilots are also teenagers, and the main character wishes to join them. To pilot a Jaeger is somewhat similar to nge but you don't sit in s pod of water, so think a cross between gundam wing, and nge.

Anyway the boys town gets attacked and is thrown into the fight being recruited as an under dog jaergar pilot.

The names of the jaerar similar to the ones in pacific rim. But not exact.

Robots looked similar to gundam.

It was a pretty obscure anime so doubt any mainstream site has it

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/