Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Imbuement and Armour Changes ...

Post by Draugor » 22 Feb 2016 20:57

gorboth wrote:I've been hashing some ideas with the Admin. These are just ideas, and not something you should get too excited about yet. But I thought I'd throw them out there in the spirit of involving the community for reflection and discussion.

What if, when you *crafted* an imbuement on a item:
  • The item becomes soulbound - you cannot drop it or give it away.
  • The item becomes permanant and loads on you when you log in without need for a droproom.
  • The item becomes unbreakable.
  • A timer starts, and five days later, the item melts and is lost.
Obviously, this would mean people could use their less-prized (i.e. "crappy") imbuement stones to simply create saving, non-breaking gear whenever they get something they want. Yep! That is part of the idea. Another aspect of the idea is that if you've saved up for a long time and finally want to put that glittering stone to use, it will not be something you will see destroyed by an unlucky bit of breakage just a few hours later.

I think it might solve a lot of different issues, but it might also create some other problems.

Thoughts?
G.
Put some sort of max for statimbuement bonus aswell, as in one item for a statboost :P Not 5 str raisers, making you able to one-shot a wizard :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 22 Feb 2016 20:59

And maybe make limit for hmm 3 items? (maybe seprate even: 1 - weapon, 1 armour, 1 misc)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 22 Feb 2016 21:19

gorboth wrote:I've been hashing some ideas with the Admin. These are just ideas, and not something you should get too excited about yet. But I thought I'd throw them out there in the spirit of involving the community for reflection and discussion.

What if, when you *crafted* an imbuement on a item:
  • The item becomes soulbound - you cannot drop it or give it away.
  • The item becomes permanant and loads on you when you log in without need for a droproom.
  • The item becomes unbreakable.
  • A timer starts, and five days later, the item melts and is lost.
Obviously, this would mean people could use their less-prized (i.e. "crappy") imbuement stones to simply create saving, non-breaking gear whenever they get something they want. Yep! That is part of the idea. Another aspect of the idea is that if you've saved up for a long time and finally want to put that glittering stone to use, it will not be something you will see destroyed by an unlucky bit of breakage just a few hours later.

I think it might solve a lot of different issues, but it might also create some other problems.

Thoughts?
G.

5 days?
For an imbue?
Considering the time and effort it takes to get together an intense imbue then I would say NO.
For superior crafting gear I would say up the stakes a bit.
Be able to craft 1 superior item per armageddon.
And you will get to keep it for 11 days.
Or something like 7 days played. (as in a timer the same way as played age)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 22 Feb 2016 21:23

The item becomes soulbound - you cannot drop it or give it away.
The item becomes permenant and loads on you when you log in without need for a droproom.
The item becomes unbreakable.
A timer starts, and five days later, the item melts and is lost.
Soulbound + unbreakable is awesome. Especially for the newer players so then they can have some gear to trust. It also would mean if a newbie got very nice gear and imbued it, they would be almost god like which I think is more in line with what we should want verses the super guys having this. This gives one a window to say I have a strong chance to log in the next 4 of 5 days, so it would be a good time to use an imbue or well I should wait since the family is going on a 4day vacation.

My only thoughts is man, it is alot of what I think is a step forward, but is 5days enough? I was hoping for at least 7. But I admit on this I am not sure which is to little or to much. What I want to see is it is still useful so that the economy is solid. As Mayobe said, it costs him alot to imbue an item cause he is small. But he is able to sell the item to make cash. That is if someone finds the item worth the cash etc. So keeping the economy in such a state is, imho, important to all.

Another cool aspect would be if smiths could with at least one item a week (or per arma?) extend that item by another 5 days (4? 3?). Something cool but since items are unbreakable, perhaps only one item per Timelimit.

Also, if possible could the item, when appraised, show the time left? Just incase you are drunk when you make it and forget? :)

Lastly, Kvator brings up a good point that some limit on how many imbues some can wear might also still need to be considered.

Oops forgot, perhaps the imbue you can have Karkadelt place on an item should cost far less for small players and increase to the highest level at say hero? titan? Not sure of the potential abuse though.

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 22 Feb 2016 21:36

Limiting it to 5 or 7 days would mean the casual gamers, who play a couple of hours here and there, gets hardly any use of imbues.

I'd rather have it as a counter, giving you say 5 days of aging for an imbue or something,that way the people who cant play 12hours a day also can get to have fun with imbues.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 22 Feb 2016 21:48

Freya wrote:Limiting it to 5 or 7 days would mean the casual gamers, who play a couple of hours here and there, gets hardly any use of imbues.

I'd rather have it as a counter, giving you say 5 days of aging for an imbue or something,that way the people who cant play 12hours a day also can get to have fun with imbues.
So playing one hour a day would mean you could keep such an item for 120 days? I think not.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 22 Feb 2016 21:48

Ydred wrote:Oops forgot, perhaps the imbue you can have Karkadelt place on an item should cost far less for small players and increase to the highest level at say hero? titan? Not sure of the potential abuse though.
Soul-binding could solve that, but the tradeoff would be not being able to sell customized items (and possibly stones).

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 22 Feb 2016 21:55

So playing one hour a day would mean you could keep such an item for 120 days? I think not.

G
Perhaps 4days as by the aging timer is good. This would allow players to get possible hours from an item. But no matter, if your timer exists or not, the item will be ruined by the second arma. Also given that some play for 12-18hrs a day, if you multiply 5 x 18, this is 90. So 4days aging timer would be 6hrs more than this. So not insanely better for the powerplayer but really allows the casual to get use from items like a player who is logged in alot more.

This will mean if you dont play alot, you could have an item for at most 22 days but only use it 96hrs or less. And if you found the item on day 10, well you would have it only 12 days. Bad luck is bad luck.
Last edited by Ydred on 22 Feb 2016 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 22 Feb 2016 21:57

Ironstones = random shit imbuements = great way to keep a runed falchion + bsc + mbp alive for 5 days. Imbue with resist earth or another slay gnome ...
Yep, and I think as Kvator said limiting the number of imbues you can have to use will keep that form happening.

Or a list of these items are too good to imbue. So you cant imbue the MBP or Runie or etc.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 22 Feb 2016 23:45

gorboth wrote: What if, when you *crafted* an imbuement on a item:

[*]The item becomes soulbound - you cannot drop it or give it away.
Then there is no room for trade, camaraderie and teamwork.
[*]The item becomes permanant and loads on you when you log in without need for a droproom.
[*]The item becomes unbreakable.
Allright.
[*]A timer starts, and five days later, the item melts and is lost.
You gather and save stones for a few years and you get to use it for just 5 days? Shameful and disgraceful!

I would rather want crafted imbuement to last at least one or, even better, two Armageddons, be permanent and glowing till it
reaches its life time limit.
But to promote trade, teamwork and conflict - it should be movable, so you could give it away, trade or get from a corpse of a slayed player.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/