Punishments in Genesis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

First offence of Double Logging - Fair/Harsh enough

1 week suspension
47%
Loss of 1/4 combat experience
13%
Loss of 1/2 combat experience
40%

Total votes: 30

Mirandus
Site Admin

Punishments in Genesis

Post by Mirandus » 26 Feb 2016 18:14

Greetings Forum Folks,

I don't say much, I'm the strong silent type. I do have a job to do in Genesis and I take it very seriously. I read everything on these forums and I use them to inform my own opinions. It's not long since I was in the realms playing along side you. I wizzed to help make a difference in anyway I can. So, now that I am the Arch of Players I also am the one who hands out the punishments for those who break the rules.

I like consistency. I would like there to be a more consistent measure of punishments for actions taken in Genesis. We have these for botting, it's clear and laid out. I'm trying to do the same in other areas of the genesis rules.

Having a conversation with Cherek about what would be a fair punishment for the first offence of those caught double logging. We have various opinions and so I wanted to ask. Which of the poll punishments would be not only fair, but also deter double-logging.

Mirandus

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Punishments in Genesis

Post by gorboth » 26 Feb 2016 18:26

In my opinion, a first offense needs to be treated differently based on the offender, and the content of the offense. For example, if it is a truly new person who has a first offense, I would recommend a simple warning, and make sure they understand the rules. If it is a long-standing character who absolutely knows better, then a more serious punishment is logical for a first offense. Depending on the nature of the first offense (i.e. was there really loathsome cheating going on based on the double log, or just standing around with two characters idle?) I think there could be instances where the first offense leads to the deletion of the alt.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 26 Feb 2016 18:33

Define double-login.
Theres a HUGE (in my opinion) in double login when you do different things each char (they do not interact each other)
and double-login to team with both chars and boost exp.
Why only a week btw. ? I know you set longer ones ;)
And ... beginners isle should not be considered double-login as long there is no change to interact.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 26 Feb 2016 18:49

Thank you both for that feedback,

What I am trying to do is make sure that people are treated fairly. Consistency doesn't always mean fair, I understand that. But at least it allows for there to be a benchmark to work from. I understand there are a number of different scenarios when it comes to double-logging, but all of them are breaking a rule.

I think there does have to be, always, the ability for the person handing out the punishments, to listen to the story of the person and their reasoning. Ultimately the punishment handed out should reflect the crime. But, it is impossible to come up with a list that will cover all instances.

I have the benefit of working in a job where I work with people who have broken rules and I work to find a solution and fair course of action. I'm a big proponent of progressive discipline, but ultimately some actions require different responses.

So, still, please vote on what you think is a fair first response. Helping to set a benchmark will allow for fair deviation. In all things I will be as fair as possible.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 26 Feb 2016 19:10

There are other things you can do too, Morg.

Double log and herb an area with a character. Leave stuff on ground. For your other guy who is killing. Your 'guys' never connect. But the benefit is there.

Is one. I can think of others too.

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 26 Feb 2016 19:28

Ydred wrote:There are other things you can do too, Morg.

Double log and herb an area with a character. Leave stuff on ground. For your other guy who is killing. Your 'guys' never connect. But the benefit is there.

Is one. I can think of others too.
As long as second is registred and not double-loggon - thats legal ? Maybe not fair but legal ?
Always he may pass herbs to friend to pass to second char. You cannot just watch everything.

Mirandus : maybe you should add WARRNING and info about double-loggin when leaving newbe-island ?
The one that needs confirmation that have been read to enter portal or something ?
They will be no more : I didn't know, I didn't realised.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Feb 2016 19:48

morgzaash wrote: As long as second is registred and not double-loggon - thats legal ? Maybe not fair but legal ?
Always he may pass herbs to friend to pass to second char. You cannot just watch everything.
From <help rules>:

"Moreover, characters controlled by a single player must remain entirely
separate in the game. Actions taken by one character that directly
benefit or directly influence the fate of the other (if both are controlled
by the same player) are illegal."
morgzaash wrote: Mirandus : maybe you should add WARRNING and info about double-loggin when leaving newbe-island ?
The one that needs confirmation that have been read to enter portal or something ?
They will be no more : I didn't know, I didn't realised.
That's not a bad idea at all. We could have a "Yes I understand"-confirmation thing with a summary of our rules when entering the portal, and let people know how/where to find the complete rules?

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 26 Feb 2016 20:15

I think this is a case to case study.
What if someone goes link dead with one character and thinks he has been logged out when he enter the game with character two? Not that big of an offence but still a double log. However, playing two character at the same time should be a hard punishment, loss of xp or even deletion.

Hehe, would be fun to run a test on people with "known" seconds and see if they got each other remember :D
"Moreover, characters controlled by a single player must remain entirely
separate in the game. Actions taken by one character that directly
benefit or directly influence the fate of the other (if both are controlled
by the same player) are illegal."
This is a tough nut to crack, what if you have a private stash with one of your characters. Are you not allowed to use it with another character(first one has ended the session)? You should just pretend it doesnt exists and use two drop rooms? By reading the rules I would say it is illegal but most likely used by alot of players.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 26 Feb 2016 20:17

All these options are crazy harsh and offensive for the first offense.
Calm down...

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 26 Feb 2016 20:22

Syrk wrote:All these options are crazy harsh and offensive for the first offense.
Calm down...
If you double log and team with you characters I think the punishments listed are to loose. It all depends on what you do, as I stated above it could be a true mistake and that should not be punished..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/