Is it just me, or...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

Re: Is it just me, or...

Post by Avatar » 03 Mar 2016 10:18

Mayobe wrote:Yeah, I wasn't worried about rules, I just noticed something weird and thought about it.

If my deduction of her identity is correct then she's gone now, but I haven't been to Sparkle yet to check.

You turned her into a celebrity. Maybe she didn't like that?
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 03 Mar 2016 15:47

Shy drow so moe~~~

Kyun!

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 07 Mar 2016 02:28

Learned her name today. She actually was walking around, and introduced herself. Deirae.

Just so you know.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Titan

Post by Avatar » 07 Mar 2016 03:24

Taro wrote:Learned her name today. She actually was walking around, and introduced herself. Deirae.

Just so you know.
Oh, a friendly drow as well?!?
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 07 Mar 2016 05:26

Yeah, I knew who she was by monitoring the user list. I bumped into her today as well.

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 07 Mar 2016 07:31

Taro wrote:Learned her name today. She actually was walking around, and introduced herself. Deirae.

Just so you know.
no. she was quite snobby, actually.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Titan

Post by Avatar » 07 Mar 2016 14:03

Taro wrote:

Just so you know.
You do know what a drow is, right?

Before interacting with a drow, I urge you to read the Psychology and Culture/Society section of this link here. Just to spare yourself from a lot of pain and whatnot.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Drow

A few snippets:

Code: Select all

Drow were arrogant, ambitious, sadistic, treacherous and hedonistic. From birth, drow were taught they were superior to other races and should crush those beneath them. Children who resisted and showed kindness or love were brutally punished, so as to drive the instinct for cruelty into them. They valued advancement over their peers more than anything else, pulling down their superiors and crushing their inferiors. This didn't mean they treated all of their peers with disdain, however. Drow were not barbaric and appreciated a sense of subtlety and thus drow were typically courteous and urbane, even to their most hated rivals

Drow were taught from an early age to trust no one,forging alliances only when they were confident that they could outmatch their ally if he/she decided to turn on them. The inherent pride in their own abilities quite often led to such alliances being forged, though they almost always ended badly when one party decided said alliance was no longer convenient. Even drow who escaped the cruelties of the Underdark found it more difficult to form long-term friendships than most races do.

It was important to recognize that though drow were untrusting and devious, they were not necessarily evil any more than gnolls or tieflings, and drow could become forces of good given the right conditions. However, the mental scars of drow culture were not easily removed from the minds of an individual and the terrors of the Underdark and drow society could leave those who rejected its evil with fractured minds and even a loose hold on their sanity. Others might escape the Underdark relatively unscarred, but these individuals were rare and considered, by and large, anomalies.

Drow saw all other races as inferior, even those to whom they were allied, and would attempt to enslave any enemies they captured, usually never willingly releasing them. Drow commonly enslaved hobgoblins, ogres, and orcs, but also other humanoids.

Above all else, drow saved their hostilities for surface elves. They were willing to forge temporary alliances with anyone that would help them inflict pain or suffering on the surface elves, for whom they know no mercy at all.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Mar 2016 16:03

Taro wrote:

Just so you know.
Yes, thats right, shes a drow :P Snob by definition

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/