Character Romance

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Taro
Adventurer

Character Romance

Post by Taro » 07 Mar 2016 02:04

I was just wondering you guys thoughts on character romance. Marriage is an option, and there are titles that you can get for dating. Some people are married. Just wanted to get some thoughts.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Mersereau
Champion

Re: Character Romance

Post by Mersereau » 07 Mar 2016 02:07

I don't remember if the wedding chapel was fixed or not.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Mar 2016 02:15

The wedding chapel is stilled closed so you cant officially get married, although some players have found ways to get married married "unofficially" I think?

We had a look at the old chapel, and while it appears to still worh technically we don't think it's up to standards in terms of theme and functionality (which perhaps was why it was closed?). So... it needs to be improved a little. Mirandus and Britanica have been looking at fixing it up so it can open again. I think we should open it for sure, once it's ready.

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 07 Mar 2016 02:24

Cherek wrote:The wedding chapel is stilled closed so you cant officially get married, although some players have found ways to get married married "unofficially" I think?

We had a look at the old chapel, and while it appears to still worh technically we don't think it's up to standards in terms of theme and functionality (which perhaps was why it was closed?). So... it needs to be improved a little. Mirandus and Britanica have been looking at fixing it up so it can open again. I think we should open it for sure, once it's ready.
Was just wondering. Ody and Emmiline, etc. are married. I was wondering how that worked. Can't you still get the titles at the Registry on Sybarus?
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 07 Mar 2016 02:29

Cherek wrote:The wedding chapel is stilled closed so you cant officially get married, although some players have found ways to get married married "unofficially" I think?.
Unofficial..? Ouch my feels!

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 07 Mar 2016 02:30

Taro wrote:
Cherek wrote:The wedding chapel is stilled closed so you cant officially get married, although some players have found ways to get married married "unofficially" I think?

Was just wondering. Ody and Emmiline, etc. are married. I was wondering how that worked. Can't you still get the titles at the Registry on Sybarus?
Yeah, we just used Cynredes. Though I really think that chapel should reopen Since it's a 'theme' problem apparently, I don't see a theme issue.

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 07 Mar 2016 02:31

Ody wrote:
Cherek wrote:The wedding chapel is stilled closed so you cant officially get married, although some players have found ways to get married married "unofficially" I think?.
Unofficial..? Ouch my feels!
+1

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Mar 2016 02:43

Ody: No, no. "Unofficial", not unofficial. The "" makes all the difference! I just meant you found a way to get married without using the chapel. It does not make it any less worth than a... uh.. real marriage...? Uhm... err...

Anyway, to change the subject,

I am the Arch of Domains and it's my job to make sure stuff added to the game has good functionality and holds a high standard in all regards. I would not do my job very well if I allowed the old chapel to open as it is. It's very user-unfriendly, and getting married there is also very anti-climatic. I want it the whole marriage experience to be better before we open it up.

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 07 Mar 2016 02:45

Cherek wrote:Ody: No, no. "Unofficial", not unofficial. The "" makes all the difference! I just meant you found a way to get married without using the chapel. It does not make it any less worth than a... uh.. real marriage...? Uh... When in a hole stop digging?

Anyway, I am the Arch of Domains and it's my job to make sure stuff added to the game has good functionality and holds a high standard in all regards. I would not do my job very well if I allowed the old chapel to open as it is. It's very user-unfriendly, and getting married there is also very anti-climatic. If we are going to offer people to get married in a chapel, I think it should be a nice experience for the players.
Good to know. I am in a relationship currently, so it's looking like Cynredes is the answer if that were to happen.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 07 Mar 2016 02:56

Cherek wrote:Ody: No, no. "Unofficial", not unofficial. The "" makes all the difference! I just meant you found a way to get married without using the chapel. It does not make it any less worth than a... uh.. real marriage...? Uhm... err...

Anyway, to change the subject,

I am the Arch of Domains and it's my job to make sure stuff added to the game has good functionality and holds a high standard in all regards. I would not do my job very well if I allowed the old chapel to open as it is. It's very user-unfriendly, and getting married there is also very anti-climatic. I want it the whole marriage experience to be better before we open it up.

Only joking Cherek. I knew what you meant. To be honest the issue boils down to wanting it to be official in the sight of the game itself. For instance you can't get a tattoo of your partners name in the Calian tattoo partner. (Never would ever do this, but it's an example). Also the wedding ring that's an official one from the church would be nice. My friend Ives has one and it looks great on her character. That's really all we want. I'm not interested in inviting people and having a wedding all over again. It's just wanting it to be recognized.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/