Stopping script-buying on the Auction House

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Jar
Apprentice

Re: Stopping script-buying on the Auction House

Post by Jar » 08 Mar 2016 01:24

Sykil wrote:This won't lead to cheat buying, but if it do, the person is now idling with the item which is existing rule they break in addition to unattended play. If you can't enforce that, you should not be aop
It WILL cause people to idle there. Noone shall cause people to unwanted behaviour, we shall rather prevent that.
To cause only to punish them after? Come on...
Sykil wrote:Will it happen? No, the problem buyers are bot-grinding for xp, not hang in Sparkle. There is no trigger path to go buy.
So who will hang in Sparkle? Non-scripting grinders? No, why would they. Those not grinding at all maybe? Possibly, to buyout cheap quickly then selling for market-based price to those who really need it. The brokers.
Sykil wrote:The bot-grinders wants you to remove max buyout so they with unlimited funds (from bot-grinding) can buy highest and get everything
Those bidding highest usually win auctions or I'm seriously wrong about how an auction mechanics shall work. This whole thread is to make people paying more for the items. Transferring more cash from richer towards poorer. What's so bad about it...
Sykil wrote:Leave everything as now but make people to go to Sparkle for buyout if they want.
That will be simply annoying for most people but AH idlers and brokers.
Sykil wrote:It would suck to remove buyout which let you get money asap if you sell or get item asap if you want to use right away.
There are already ideas above (including mine) only tuning buyouts a bit.
gorboth wrote:People who set up AH bots will be ground to sausage and fed to Stern.
Quite disappointing you hope for more bots and double-loggers. It seems AoP need more work so they will have it.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 08 Mar 2016 09:27

Jar wrote:
gorboth wrote:People who set up AH bots will be ground to sausage and fed to Stern.
Quite disappointing you hope for more bots and double-loggers. It seems AoP need more work so they will have it.

Uhm....what?

I hope you're not being serious with that comment.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 08 Mar 2016 15:46

But lets back to the issue and let me say something. First of all I would like to put some goals. Because it is always the best looking at problems from golas point of view.

Problem description:
Some people uses scripts to win auctions that has "buy now" options and do it faster than even normal users who dont use scripts are able to see the auction.

1. Goal of this topic:
Find a solution that will solve the problem described above with limited impact on the fun of play for all players.

2. Goal of wizards who will code change to the auctions:
As less as possible need of making new code

3. Goal of admins
Dont introduce new changes that will lower the fun from play Gen.

4. Goal of players sell items on auctions
If they put buy now option receive at least that amount of pc ASAP

5. Goal of players who buys in AH without scripts
Has a chance to buy item and give their price. If there is buy now options buy ASAP

I think I put all sides involved in the process. These few players who buy using scripts I dont mention because they can be put in the group from point 5.

Majority of proposals put in this topic fulfil part or most of goals, but not all in my opinion.
1. Bid buy now options only in AH will kill fun
2. Removing buy now option will be against sellers
3. Making additional delays and adapt auctions in the Ebay form will need a lot of coing by wizards.
etc

So let me give my proposal.

1. Seller create an auction with buy now option
2. If during first lets say 5 min after creation of auction there will be only one buy now bid, the bidder will won it
3. If during first 5 min there will be more than 1 bid with buy now price the auction change to the auction without buy now option with 1 h duration and minimal price equal "buy now" price

What it gives?
1. Seller will receive in max 1h at least his buy now price. Sometimes even more
2. Buyers will have chance to give their price. If it will be even 1000 pc for a single imbue it is up to them.
3. Wizards will not have to much work. They will be able to use current code. The only issue to code is first 5 min of an auction
4. There will not be needed to come from second side of the world to sparkle to make bids (does someone check how much time there is needed to come to Sparkle from for instance Ice Wall?)

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 08 Mar 2016 18:09

Jar wrote:
Sykil wrote:This won't lead to cheat buying, but if it do, the person is now idling with the item which is existing rule they break in addition to unattended play. If you can't enforce that, you should not be aop
It WILL cause people to idle there. Noone shall cause people to unwanted behaviour, we shall rather prevent that.
To cause only to punish them after? Come on...
Sykil wrote:Will it happen? No, the problem buyers are bot-grinding for xp, not hang in Sparkle. There is no trigger path to go buy.
So who will hang in Sparkle? Non-scripting grinders? No, why would they. Those not grinding at all maybe? Possibly, to buyout cheap quickly then selling for market-based price to those who really need it. The brokers.
Sykil wrote:The bot-grinders wants you to remove max buyout so they with unlimited funds (from bot-grinding) can buy highest and get everything
Those bidding highest usually win auctions or I'm seriously wrong about how an auction mechanics shall work. This whole thread is to make people paying more for the items. Transferring more cash from richer towards poorer. What's so bad about it...
Sykil wrote:Leave everything as now but make people to go to Sparkle for buyout if they want.
That will be simply annoying for most people but AH idlers and brokers.
Sykil wrote:It would suck to remove buyout which let you get money asap if you sell or get item asap if you want to use right away.
There are already ideas above (including mine) only tuning buyouts a bit.

So then wizards remove the no attack/steal function in the Auction house, and I can go kill whoever is idling on a script in there, you only seing problems here, while I see solutions :)

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 08 Mar 2016 18:15

Freya wrote: So then wizards remove the no attack/steal function in the Auction house, and I can go kill whoever is idling on a script in there, you only seing problems here, while I see solutions :)
The problem can be if this idle person is someone with size of Morrison or Seren who doesnt need to wear anything, has good scripts when attacked and can block the only exit :lol:

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 08 Mar 2016 18:35

New <help botting> rule. If you are caught botting in the AH, you lose the contents of your lapidarium.

Now, who wants to test the AoP team's effectiveness on policing bot behavior. Any volunteers? ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 08 Mar 2016 18:55

kirsach wrote:
Freya wrote: So then wizards remove the no attack/steal function in the Auction house, and I can go kill whoever is idling on a script in there, you only seing problems here, while I see solutions :)
The problem can be if this idle person is someone with size of Morrison or Seren who doesnt need to wear anything, has good scripts when attacked and can block the only exit :lol:

So then you bring a team to slay the evil botter, its been done before :)

Kilrayne
Apprentice

Post by Kilrayne » 08 Mar 2016 20:45

Instead of a buyout or having to go to AH, why not have a "hurry bid". The seller could set up an a minimum bid, establish a time period, and then decide if they wanted to "hurry bid". During the hurry bid process, the auction takes place but expires at a much faster rate. For example. a seller lists lists an ordinary ogrestone. they set the minimum bid at 20 plats, the overall auction to 2 days, and then sets up a hurry bid period of 30 minutes. during the next 30 minutes, the item is open for anyone to bid on. At the end of 30 minutes, the person who has bid highest wins the stone. If no one bids (perhaps to a large min bid), then the auction will revert to it's full length.

Possible Advantages: no scripting to evaluate an item and buy it the moment it is listed, more players get to look at an item

Possible disadvantages: bid sniping could still take place, player with great connection could still plausibly pick off items, but i'm not sure how you bypass that in general.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 09 Mar 2016 16:04

Gorboth,

One question. Why do you vote so much for the option of biding personally in AH "buy now" prices? What is your goal with promoting such option? Why your proposal is better than mine?

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 09 Mar 2016 16:06

It will only change one thing - scripters will stand in AH not in guild or somewhere else and thieves will have good harvest there :D

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/