Secret Society Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Secret Society Recode

Post by Amberlee » 01 Mar 2016 01:02

Perhaps make them a bit more skirmisher like?
Distracting the enemy and giving them penalties?

To me Kenders are pranksters.
So a giving the enemy a hotfoot(Making their feet burn a bit) to lower defence and parry.
Perhaps some itching powder to reduce the enemy weapon skills.*
If more kenders are in team then perhaps one taunts him and another darts behind to become an obstacle so the enemy can be pushed over to cause an infuriating attack delay?

Could even pull down enemy pants to prevent them from running too fast away :D

Alot of stuff that can be possible.

Also make taunts customizeable.
So players can write their own insults to flavour things up.

"Your mommas so fat that every time she turns around, its her birthday!"
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 Mar 2016 05:01

I would like to see SS Kenders be able to steal out of closed containers. No pathetic backpack or such would stop a true Kender. There are ways to be feared beyond power and strength.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 01 Mar 2016 05:28

gorboth wrote:I would like to see SS Kenders be able to steal out of closed containers. No pathetic backpack or such would stop a true Kender. There are ways to be feared beyond power and strength.

G.
That's a good idea. I support that.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Mar 2016 06:24

Mirandus wrote:Thanks for the feedback,

Draugor, I have plans with hoopaks, but I don't see myself limiting a guild to using only a specific type of weapon when there are so few decent ones. Allowing Kender to at least have access to polearms makes sense.

Kvator, I appreciate the feedback. I think when I imagine Kender I seem them jumping all over the place. I understand the "not tanks" piece, but they certainly aren't fighters or damage dealers. They are evasive, nimble, and quick. It's VERY hard to catch or hit a kender and even harder to keep them locked up. Great thoughts on the alteration, I think I agree largely. Either that or finding a way to make hoopaks more appealing. All in all, I like it.

All of this I'll certainly consider and I do appreciate it, but ultimately I'll be making the final decisions with the Carnak and Arman and so while this all helps, a lot, I may disagree in some instances.

Keep the feedback coming. I may not have your idea in my vision but I know even those things I don't agree with certainly help and make me think.

Mainly saying that other guilds should leave the kender weapons alone, its just plain silly that Calians swarm with them, or mercenaries for that matter :P

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 01 Mar 2016 15:33

Draugor, I have plans with hoopaks, but I don't see myself limiting a guild to using only a specific type of weapon when there are so few decent ones. Allowing Kender to at least have access to polearms makes sense.
I personally think that Hoopaks should fall in the range of missiles since to effectively use one you are slinging an object and we already have that category. Should be easy to bump it over.

Also see about extending the "behave" function for a little longer. The 30 seconds it lasts... well for some guilds all it takes is one theft and ball game over.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Mar 2016 15:47

Zestana wrote:
I personally think that Hoopaks should fall in the range of missiles since to effectively use one you are slinging an object and we already have that category. Should be easy to bump it over.

Also see about extending the "behave" function for a little longer. The 30 seconds it lasts... well for some guilds all it takes is one theft and ball game over.
Aye but its used as a staff and a sling, kenders should get two unique skills, Hoopak and sling :P To use a hoopak, you need both :P Make smiths able to craft hoopaks from iron, leather and bowstrings, add a hoopak or two in the game, not just in ansalon, quite a few kenders may very well have wandered into Faerun or so, give kenders a slight polearm or dagger skill to use should they not have a hoopak at the time, also there should be a shop in the guild that sells "decent" hoopaks for starting should it be needed

Celemir
Wanderer

Post by Celemir » 12 Mar 2016 18:20

Any news on this one?
i just through i would give a bit of input.
If you wont want to add more dammage, i wonder why it a "thief" guild after all, then what about some dirty tricks and repression strikes. A kender kan hit all kind of stuff from afar.
Dirty tricks examples could be in the line of cribles, stamina drains, blinds, and how about emptying peoples stomach and such, or working on that fear lv.
Oh and or all time favorite world changing Kender was a very firm dagger user, Daggers has all sorts of use like jimmying a lock stabbing someone in the foot or back, and can even be thrown.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 13 Mar 2016 14:09

gorboth wrote:I would like to see SS Kenders be able to steal out of closed containers. No pathetic backpack or such would stop a true Kender. There are ways to be feared beyond power and strength.

G.
Let's try to avoid adding more gamebreaking stuff, shall we?

The way stealing works today is kind of broken. You can steal the entire heap of a
gameobject with a push of a button. Not only is it totally unrealistic, but it's also lame
and very gamebreaking.

If you allow a guild to remove whole stacks of a single component, or even worse, all
stacks, that push of a button completely shuts down some guilds in being both
playable and functional.

Example: I collect 1000 potions of a certain type in order to play the game. It will
take me perhaps a week. Some player arrives, push a button and removes that stack from
my closed and protected container. Now I can no longer play the game. I spent perhaps a
week collecting game components in order to play the game, and suddenly, I realize I can't
play the game anymore. Why am I playing this game again?

I'm pretty sure you can find better gamemechanics that doesn't totally annihilate the
gameplay for others with the push of a button. In fact, we should _strive_ to avoid such
mistakes for a better dynamic game, and not adding more.

Hope it makes sense.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 13 Mar 2016 14:29

Kas wrote: The way stealing works today is kind of broken. You can steal the entire heap of a
gameobject with a push of a button.
You are not saying truth. Two things for you. Go test your saying. Then follow forum rule at top:

Code: Select all

Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 13 Mar 2016 15:12

Sykil wrote:
Kas wrote: The way stealing works today is kind of broken. You can steal the entire heap of a
gameobject with a push of a button.
You are not saying truth. Two things for you. Go test your saying. Then follow forum rule at top:

Code: Select all

Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
I think we've experienced entire heaps of potions of A type and leftovers stolen in one go. This should not be a secret.

Morrison experienced it several times, and I believe documented on these boards in public. Some enemies of the tower stole large quantities of potions and auctioned them away. I believe you can still find the posts around here.

Stealing 1 item is fine, perhaps a few. Stealing entire stacks are nothing short but gamebreaking because it removes a player entirely from the battlefield/board. That's not a good gamemechanic in any game.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/