Secret Society Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Secret Society Recode

Post by Draugor » 17 Mar 2016 07:49

Alisa wrote:
Kas wrote: So, what stops me, a big kender from robbing all assets from every smaller player I see with impunity? You know, aka griefing?
the same rules that stop a big mage from repeatedly killing a small player.

Griefing is not allowed.

Only griefing if its repeated :P

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 17 Mar 2016 13:03

Kas is like many others who say Go FighterMUD! The only way to play is to kill and loot polite. Steal is not the way, magic is not the way, player interaction is griefing, do not say to me anything, I am grind here.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Celemir
Wanderer

Post by Celemir » 17 Mar 2016 13:37

Kenders don't grief, and kenders dont steal. They just need ways to survive in a big mean world, oh and to taunt some people and get away with it.
Maybe the problem is that we need to figure out what role a "thief" guild have to bring to a combat world. If not dammage, then surly som combat tricky, there is more then one way to win a fight, and we all know fights have to be won.

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 17 Mar 2016 20:59

Kas wrote:
gorboth wrote:Just to play devil's advocate ... one could argue that a warrior can destroy months of grinding and stat-building on the part of someone they kill with the push of a button. If a thief can do the same in a different way ... hmm ...

But I sort of do agree with Kas.

G.
Sure, but not without circumventing the normal rules for combat. His stats, guildpower, items and imbues must be a part of it. :D

How this diffrent from a Mage running around invis and giving people poisons so they die?
Its an I-win button most people cant defend themself against, so really don't see how the poor mages losing a few components are the end of the world :twisted:

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 17 Mar 2016 21:00

Alisa wrote:
Kas wrote: So, what stops me, a big kender from robbing all assets from every smaller player I see with impunity? You know, aka griefing?
the same rules that stop a big mage from repeatedly killing a small player.

Griefing is not allowed.
Theft is harassment. Killing harassers is perfectly legal.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 17 Mar 2016 21:01

Mages have been recoded since those days. 3-4 years ago, Freya.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 17 Mar 2016 22:14

Kas wrote:Mages have been recoded since those days. 3-4 years ago, Freya.
I hear mages give nasty poison. Kas, what do you say of this?
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

Celemir
Wanderer

Post by Celemir » 21 Mar 2016 22:07

How about getting this back on track. Good ideas for improving the secret Society?
how about introducing abit of kender luck and mischief, so you can say oops some more?
Addendum: kenders taunt ability tends to get people very mad at dem in combat.
how about an ability to slip back into the "crowd" when you are in group combat as they are small, and you really have to keep an eye on a kender to know were he is.

Celemir
Wanderer

Post by Celemir » 23 Mar 2016 16:40

Now that we are at it.. this is still happening? Yes?
We are a few kenders, (perhaps not many but still) running around and hoping :)
We really really appreciate the work you are doing for us.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 23 Mar 2016 17:58

Hey Celemir,

This is still happening. Re-coding a guild takes a bit of time. It's not just a matter of implementing the code and flipping a switch.

I can assure you that we have been working on this. We've already got a number of the items we wanted to do done. It's now
a matter of finishing the rest, and then testing/getting things approved.

But yes, we are still working diligently.

Mirandus

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/