Ranger cloaks

A place to discuss all the ins and outs of equipment in the Genesis Donut. Warning: Spoilers may be included. Only validated game players will see this forum.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor

Re: Ranger cloaks

Post by Draugor » 24 May 2010 21:31

And dont forget the ultimate cloak, Selestial presences -.- Supremely retarded and very good for combat:P

Ilrahil

Post by Ilrahil » 24 May 2010 22:48

cotillion wrote:There was a trend for a while where most players tried to hide who they were.
Things got a bit silly, the ranger cloaks are the result of that.

One of the failures of game design in Genesis.
If it was a failure... one that I personally complained about a lot when it first came out, what is wrong with changing them back to how they used to be or fixing them? It cannot screw the guild code up really in any way and can be adjusted to suit things much better.

Go ahead Laurel. Bitch moan and whine about my post now, I'm sure I have it coming after disagreeing with something in your guild.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 May 2010 00:11

Ilrahil wrote:If it was a failure... one that I personally complained about a lot when it first came out, what is wrong with changing them back to how they used to be or fixing them? It cannot screw the guild code up really in any way and can be adjusted to suit things much better.
hotfixing the abuse of vampire-invis for combat wasn't possible ... somehow ... :mrgreen:

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 25 May 2010 06:34

Or it could be perfect RP for a Ranger.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 25 May 2010 15:45

My only historical beef with these is that they (rangers and SCoPs) "cloaks" hide the crystal torque.
So in gameplay terms they get the benefit with somewhat limited downside.
And in roleplay terms its on the brow so not necessarily effectively covered by a hooded cloak and is magic itself so might not be able to accept being turned into a shadow.

I actually think the guilds having the we all look the same guild cloak invites guild enemies to attack everyone in that guild when wronged by one.
So they are detrimental to smaller members in the guild who might want to consider moving around uncloaked in enemy territory.
Of course putting on the cool cloak is usually the first thing people do as soon as they can... And removing it may be a pride issue.
Put I am sure there would have been a few less people pkilled over the years if they had not be using them.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 May 2010 15:56

Tarax the Terrible wrote:My only historical beef with these is that they (rangers and SCoPs) "cloaks" hide the crystal torque.
considering all the scry spam that made me break that crap ... you just don't know that Laurel doesn't have it anymore, which doesn't make it any easier to t-scry her 8-)

2 pages worth of discussion about an item that extremely few get to see ... :mrgreen:

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 25 May 2010 20:12

I hardly see what people are complaining about here.. its not like everyones names not listed out in the who list. All it takes is a few words with anyone in game who has a second char that is a goody or a few words with someone on msn or skype and you know who the rangers are.

Let us keep some form of dignity to conceal ourselves will ya?

Knuffel
Wanderer

Post by Knuffel » 25 May 2010 20:29

Maizara wrote:... All it takes is a few words with anyone in game who has a second char that is a goody or a few words with someone on msn or skype and you know who the rangers are.
Both are considered illegal, no ?

Or did the rules change and is there a Vingaard Keep group on MSN where "everyone" is exchanging info ... except the outcrowd.

Given that this forum is considered a legal extension of the game, I learned a lot here, but still, ... using skype or second chars seems not really correct to identify who is who.
This should be done truely "in game" according to me ...

K.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 25 May 2010 20:44

As far as I know there is no VK group on MSN and I'm a kniggit, but then again I don't use MSN.

So I guess it is not enough with just beeing goodie since I don't get that kind of info. I could ask the same thing about evil.

Also, everyone does not show on the who list. People that choose not to see it don't show on the list for others either.

I agree with Knuffel about how to get ingame info. My opinion is that if you have chars that are both evil and goodie you keep your mouth shut about what you know until you find out ingame.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 25 May 2010 20:58

In theory, you don't need too much out of game info. With the current number of active rangers it's possible to find out who's who fairly easily.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/