Cadets and Academy - Natural teaming?

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Resnick
Beginner

Cadets and Academy - Natural teaming?

Post by Resnick » 02 Apr 2016 19:00

The Cadets of Gelan and the Academy of Elemental Arts share the same building and in theory are the same school. Shouldn't there be linkages to promote teaming between the two. The simplest is that the Cadets' "clist" and the Academy's equivalent could also show who is active from the other part of the school. Thus we can see who we can "thematically" team with.

The main reason I suggested this is I was recently a cadet and whenever I used "clist" I would see very few cadets active (1 - me, 2, or rarely 3). But I know academics are active, I just did not come across them often. Being able to clist them would have been helpful. It also felt wierd being a part of a school where the students were completely segregated from each other.

Ydred
Veteran

Re: Cadets and Academy - Natural teaming?

Post by Ydred » 02 Apr 2016 19:28

More might join the cadets if there was more benefit to doing so before certain mortal levels, than say joining the mercenaries.

If you allowed cadets to pay half the amount of what skills cost normally, it would be worthwhile to join them instead of mercenaries. Not a huge savings since they only train to superior journeyman, but when you are small and have no money, anything helps. Myself I would let them train all stuff for free and when they leave guild, all training is zero'd out. So they would have to save in time but not right away.

If you gave cadets double kill xps it would allow them to grow faster til a certain mortal level. Say Adept.

Currently anyone who wants the most bang for their buck joins mercs as soon as they leave the newbie isle.

Cadets is for those who want the graduation ring and nothing more.

Probably not good for the actual new newbies.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 02 Apr 2016 22:33

Actually -- Cadet Special is really quite good.
I would highly suggest newbies leaving Tutorial area to join them over the mercs..
I believe (though don't quote me) the taxation is much less.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 02 Apr 2016 23:56

Yeah, I was gonna say, you have to invest a lot (for a newbie) in mercs before you can beat donk. Cadets also has a smaller scope, so if you really are new then it may help you to focus on things you actually need. The transition from cadets to mercs was a little jarring, but it maps well to the time when you get kicked out of orc temple:
  • Cadets
  • Farm temple
  • Graduate
  • Join mercs
  • Spend every last copper on merc skills
  • Farm temple
  • Get kicked out around the time when merc attack seems as good as donk was.

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 03 Apr 2016 02:59

Yea, Donk is pretty good. But not the way I think.

I prefer training my def parry to sup journeyman and then spending 20 plats to increase them to confident veteran. And then I focus on a weapon to sup journeyman. And get it to confident vet with abit more cash. And by this I mean the adaptability of course. And not long after I have sup guru weapon. And shortly after sup guru def parry.

That is way more powerful than donk and costs same money to sup journeyman, save the adapt pts (first 50 are only 20plats). And the nice defence allows me to only need a robe to run around, which having low small guy strength is very nice. Oh and forgot shield. But anyway, I think defensively while small.

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 04 Apr 2016 16:06

The unfortunateness of the cades, as Ydred mentioned is the ring. Being the sentimental type, I keep it... but it does inhibit me from laying waste to Gelan. bugger

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/