So GoT just started.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: So GoT just started.

Post by Cherek » 29 Apr 2016 00:54

Celemir wrote:Asha'man would be great, and depending on timeperiode you could go a bit mad ;)
Coded random madness, hah, that would be fun. I like it.:)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 29 Apr 2016 10:29

On the other hand, some white walker guild/Joffrey's fanclub/house of black and white(light-verson. balancerules you know), or #wewhotooktheblack-guild would be cool.

Obsidian would increase in value, Joffrey's popularity would skyrocket, becoming noone would be fasionable, and better sympaty and understanding for the guys at the wall.

:lol:
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 29 Apr 2016 10:47

Cherek wrote:
Melarec wrote:Ooh! Wheel of time domain! Yus. I wanna be an Asha'man! And check out Tar Valon.. And all sorts of stuff! Will Adrihol be there or is this after it becomes a crater? Can I go to Emond's Field? Will Two Rivers tabac be a thing? What about oosquai? Gotta have oosquai. SO many questions.. :)

@Alisa; No, I'm not Jon Snow.
Sorry if I got your hopes up there, my post was not serious. We're not working on a Harry Potter, WoT, Canadia or Westeros domain. But a WoT domain would of course be awesome in theory, but there probably wont be any new domains except Ravenloft anytime soon.
There was a Wheel of Time domain in Demonsgate - go fetch ;)

Sadly if I recall correctly (DG people with better memory help me out) the company behind Robert Jordan (WoT author) threatened with lawsuit over property rights and they had to shut down. I liked being a city guard of Tar Valon though... but I liked Khiraa and the Mages of Eberron better :P.... oh the days gone by.

I co-sign for a Westeros Domain and officially apply to become a Red Priest. Time to burn somebody!
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 29 Apr 2016 12:22

Hektor wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Melarec wrote:Ooh! Wheel of time domain! Yus. I wanna be an Asha'man! And check out Tar Valon.. And all sorts of stuff! Will Adrihol be there or is this after it becomes a crater? Can I go to Emond's Field? Will Two Rivers tabac be a thing? What about oosquai? Gotta have oosquai. SO many questions.. :)

Sorry if I got your hopes up there, my post was not serious. We're not working on a Harry Potter, WoT, Canadia or Westeros domain. But a WoT domain would of course be awesome in theory, but there probably wont be any new domains except Ravenloft anytime soon.

Sadly if I recall correctly (DG people with better memory help me out) the company behind Robert Jordan (WoT author) threatened with lawsuit over property rights and they had to shut down. I liked being a city guard of Tar Valon though... but I liked Khiraa and the Mages of Eberron better :P.... oh the days gone by.

I co-sign for a Westeros Domain and officially apply to become a Red Priest. Time to burn somebody!
Pretty ironic, seeing WoT was a ripoff of so many other fantasy themes!

GoT is such a deep world it could be a game unto itself. Being a big fan of the books for almost a decade or more, I'd be happy to work on that domain with other like minded coders :).

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 29 Apr 2016 12:46

Hektor wrote: There was a Wheel of Time domain in Demonsgate - go fetch ;)

The Cease and Desist was actually for the Midkemia domain based on Raymond E. Feists books.
His Midkemia is essentially a rebranded Tolkien universe.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 29 Apr 2016 12:52

cotillion wrote:
Hektor wrote: There was a Wheel of Time domain in Demonsgate - go fetch ;)

The Cease and Desist was actually for the Midkemia domain based on Raymond E. Feists books.
His Midkemia is essentially a rebranded Tolkien universe.
Well there you go - better memory than mine, clearly. That means we can just go fetch (kidding of course).
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Ardor
Wanderer

Post by Ardor » 03 May 2016 21:16

Hektor wrote:
Cherek wrote:

Demons gate was quite awesome in a way though, it had all of the quests in the way the very best quests of genesis has.. They should always be like that

One day I hope to be a wizard creating Hyborea and all of the ages after it :)

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 04 May 2016 18:22

I have noticed, though, at least one item which seems to be some sort of homage to the Wheel of Time..
The "Kestrel marked blade..." It signifies a "master swordsman..."
Hmm..
Perhaps we can get kestrels branded on our palms?

Side note;
If a WoT domain were to be pinned up on the to-do list, I'd suggest Seanchan and/or Tremalking first.. It would allow for some easier immersive introduction to the new domain.. Like "Strange foreign islands have been discovered.. This may be the pathway to a previously unexplored continent!" (Go full-Columbus on the place.. Perhaps even a Spanish Inquisition that nobody expects..) Also, if Seanchan is done first, it'll offer new mounts.. I.E. I want a torm..
There was some other stuff, but I seem to have forgotten..

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/