Seconds

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tive
Rising Hero

Seconds

Post by Tive » 25 May 2010 21:11

Hi,

I bet there are people who get bored with their characters at some point, but dont want to do all the quests all over again. What about this...

If, and only if, you register your main character with email address you could have an option to create a second (might be offered an option on character creation screen) which would get automatically registered as well, but the benefit for you would be:
a) either your quest bits copied from the main character and recalculated quest exp added
b) or quest exp set to certain amount but possibly preventing you from doing any further quests in the future.

(possibly could be abused, but you would have to confirm the email and password of the main character) or you could create the new character and then visit some office where you could register as a second and get all the above applied ;P

not sure if this doable from technical point of view, but i think it should be.

I think this could bring some old players back, especially those who would like to try something new, but dont want to leave their old guilds due to status or whatever.

Discuss.

Creed

Re: Seconds

Post by Creed » 25 May 2010 22:17

In one way I like it.

But I also feel that it might end up with every player having a character in every guild, since it will be so easy to get a new big char.

I have 4 or 5 chars in all, of which 4 of them have made 80%+ of the quests.. It has taken me tons of hours to do it, over and over..
Would be nice not to have to do it again, but on the other hand I did it, and it would be too easy if others just got it served.

I feel both ways.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 25 May 2010 22:29

Maybe you would have only limited number of such seconds (1? 2?) and any additional one would have to start from scratch.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 25 May 2010 22:40

I find it great to do everything from the scratch again. Each of my new characters finally overgrew all the past ones, climbed higher in guild hierarchy etc.
But the best thing is, that each one of them let me view things differently and see stuff I didn't notice previously, even while doing the same things over and again.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 25 May 2010 22:47

Rhaegar wrote:I find it great to do everything from the scratch again. Each of my new characters finally overgrew all the past ones, climbed higher in guild hierarchy etc.
But the best thing is, that each one of them let me view things differently and see stuff I didn't notice previously, even while doing the same things over and again.
Yeh, but you always skipped school and had plenty of time to do that ;P

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 25 May 2010 23:06

Hmm... It is true that it was easier before. But with Rhaegar, I'm content to go slowly through the newbishness as I have forgot almost everything, and many things have changed.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 May 2010 10:16

What fun is it to make the same quests over and over again? Wasn't it Monika (at least that's one of her legends) who created a script to quest up to old great adventurer over a few hours, after being repeatedly deleted?

If you want something as challenge - just make some quests "shareable" with your seconds and leave others "non-shareable". Share the ones that bear no random effects, don't share the ones that require some random effect, path, etc.

If we implement this I shall ask someone like Zingil, Jafo or Czucz to register a second for me - it will surely have more q-exp then Laurel :roll:

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 26 May 2010 13:58

Seconds are abused badly enough now. Why make that even easier?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Trutblemma
Adventurer

Post by Trutblemma » 26 May 2010 14:02

I don't like it at all. I too have seconds..and just to be given the quest exp...na, if you start a new char you should work it up. I think it would discourage a real newbie entering the game.
//Emma's overseer

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 27 May 2010 11:46

I would consider playing a few seconds, but I think it sorta spoils the connection with your main.
Aside from that any I tried I quickly got bored of questing again and abandoned them.

I think it would be cool to be able to have a second "hardcore" character. One who could not quest but still grow via killing up to a max of hero maybe, but if they die they are gone for good (automatically leaving all guilds before disappearing).
A few people would likely dabble with it but would not be a good option for the inexperienced.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/