Houses

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Melarec
Rising Hero

Houses

Post by Melarec » 01 Mar 2016 20:45

Houses.
Somewhere a player can call home.

Sure, lounging in a Club or Guild is great and all, but it's not the same as owning a home for yourself.

Benefits would include personal racks, chests, shelves, perhaps customizable decor and rooms layout.
Of course, the house would require limits. Like very limited space on racks and shelves and great expense to buy more.

Location is also something to consider..
Should players be allowed only one home in all the world? One for each major city?
What about country homes, away from the city?

Certainly, there are a few issues and such to be decided on before the idea becomes fully fleshed out, but I feel that it holds merit..
I'd like to hear everyone's feelings on the matter.. And suggestions would be great too!
The more we work on the idea, the more appealing it looks, therefore increasing the chances that the idea could become reality.
Please, discuss.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Re: Houses

Post by Melarec » 01 Mar 2016 20:46

Placeholder

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Mar 2016 21:12

I'ts been discussed, it falls on someone to code it atm, we're rather short on those and imo guild recodes need to have prio

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 02 Mar 2016 20:09

Talk about reviving the SS lender guild... here is a solution.
IMAGINE the treasures that might get lost if they weren't collected and kept safe.

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 03 Jun 2016 02:42

Yes. Please yes. Please. I want this.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 03 Jun 2016 02:50

Problem huge blaring problem. If this was ever implemented, we might as well get rid of guild racks. If I can buy a private house (droproom) that lock then we don't need guild racks, and on top of that there'd be little gear sharing. The young members of our guilds would suffer.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 Jun 2016 05:21

Ody wrote:Problem huge blaring problem. If this was ever implemented, we might as well get rid of guild racks. If I can buy a private house (droproom) that lock then we don't need guild racks, and on top of that there'd be little gear sharing. The young members of our guilds would suffer.

I assume that the thought of sharing with the others in the guild never struck? :P

I have to agree tho, it would make guildracks utterly useless

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 03 Jun 2016 07:22

I see the chance of guild-racks being hurt.

But its just a chance.

I dont know the states of guild-racks at the moment, but i was told not long ago that Gladiators had a nice rack(err.... chest....err...)

Thats a feat which, in my mind, tops in the 5 hardest achievements in genesis. There are some players, that play to get loot for the racks. Those that loot, and hide gear are already doing that... Giving them better options to do it wont break the guild racks because they never put stuff there.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 03 Jun 2016 08:10

Ask Mercade. If memory does not fail me, I belive he started on such a project 15 -20 (more?) years ago.
Maybe it never came off the planning stage, but most likely for a reason.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 03 Jun 2016 08:15

Not saying that i dont like the idea, without a rack in the house, and not too limited or else only the legend would profit from this... But my problem with this is with the limited wizards to code it i really think there are guilds *cough rangers* who need a recode more badly, or improving the skill missiles, or a recode of the clans of khalakhor, than some houses to play with ;).

There are some nice empty houses in Terel, also some tents in the ME, ill kill the orcs for you who live there. How about that?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/