Houses

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

Re: Houses

Post by Avatar » 03 Jun 2016 08:54

gold bezie wrote:Not saying that i dont like the idea, without a rack in the house, and not too limited or else only the legend would profit from this... But my problem with this is with the limited wizards to code it i really think there are guilds *cough rangers* who need a recode more badly, or improving the skill missiles, or a recode of the clans of khalakhor, than some houses to play with ;).

There are some nice empty houses in Terel, also some tents in the ME, ill kill the orcs for you who live there. How about that?

/signed
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 05 Jun 2016 01:51

Ody wrote:Problem huge blaring problem. If this was ever implemented, we might as well get rid of guild racks. If I can buy a private house (droproom) that lock then we don't need guild racks, and on top of that there'd be little gear sharing. The young members of our guilds would suffer.
Melarec wrote:...Of course, the house would require limits. Like very limited space on racks and shelves and great expense to buy more...

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 05 Jun 2016 22:04

Melarec wrote:
Ody wrote:Problem huge blaring problem. If this was ever implemented, we might as well get rid of guild racks. If I can buy a private house (droproom) that lock then we don't need guild racks, and on top of that there'd be little gear sharing. The young members of our guilds would suffer.
Melarec wrote:...Of course, the house would require limits. Like very limited space on racks and shelves and great expense to buy more...
Just drop the items on the ground and don't use the racks. There. Unlimited drop room that locks.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 05 Jun 2016 22:57

Ody wrote:
Melarec wrote:
Just drop the items on the ground and don't use the racks. There. Unlimited drop room that locks.

Code: Select all

You enter your house.
Home sweet home!
You see the floor is nice and spotless. Everything is clean and tidy.
You slap your forehead.
"Of course!"
You shake your head.
"The maid cleaned everything up.."
I was also kind of thinking that items in house racks could survive Arma.. But that may be a little OP..

Titan

Post by Avatar » 06 Jun 2016 07:45

Official private racks would bring the game even further away from what it should be, as far as I am concerned.

The way private racks works now, the player runs a risk by using one, as someone could stumble across it and loot it all. That is all part of the 'fun' of it. Offering proper private racks is really not something I would find enjoyable, and it would hurt guild racks even more, as those that dont want to risk losing EQ now, and thus refrain from having their own private one, would start doing it.

Hell, everyone would I guess. Good equipment wouls then be unavailble to smaller players in guilds, as it would never be dropped there, but in private racks.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 06 Jun 2016 13:52

100% agree with Avatar on this.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 06 Jun 2016 14:46

Agreed. I'm fine if you want a house. I have no problem with it, but *no racks.* I can tell you now I won't be getting one. My guild is my home, but I can see why younger people who don't see their guild as their home would want it..I guess.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 06 Jun 2016 17:22

I see it as

1:Something new and potentially exiting.
2:Another optional Character optimization.
3:A very RP option, there are quite a few people who doesn´t like sleeping at work(i´m one of them)

And i don´t believe all items will disappear out of all the racks. Max house storage to one set worn/wielded :-)

From my knowledge quite a few guilds already have "private droproom" or well, droprooms for the 1-5 people in charge or such.

Ogres being the best/worst.

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 07 Jun 2016 16:38

I was so excited about this thread I got a forum account to reply.. heh.

Here's what I'm thinking:

No locks. No racks. When you're online, you get a prompt if someone wants to get in your house and you can say yes or no. When you're offline, since no one will want to store their things in an unlockable house anyway, people can come and go but since it's cosmetic and doesn't have real items in it unless you're very (VERY) trusting, there's no need to be worried something will be changed, ruined or stolen. (Although I saw what you posted, Merlac, and I really like the idea. Like, when you log out, your items left on the floor disappear or something).

Also, if someone comes in your house while you're offline and then you come online and want them out, you can kick them. People could have a notification or something when they come in like "<name1> and <name2> are currently in your house".

They could hook up the party planning system to offer to host the party at your house if you have one!

The original buyer of the house can add people as "housemates", so they can share the house with others. They all are equal, except the buyer is the one that can edit everything (remove housemates and the like). People can add, change, etc. their own things/rooms/whatever, but only the buyer is the one with the full control, because they bought the house. People can make things like room descriptions, "items" (not usable ones, but ones seen around the room and such). Housemates and the buyer all kick someone from their house if they do not want the person in at the time. The buyer and housemates cannot be kicked out of the house.

In regards to where the houses could be, maybe one person can own one house in the whole game, and can choose what area of Genesis it's put in? And for flexibility, people could sell or transfer ownership of their house to someone else. (Maybe even just move the house they have if they really wanted to keep it that much?)

I don't know. This might seem too complex to some people. Just my thoughts. I think this is a GREAT roleplay opportunity. I have seen a fair amount of MUDs with house systems that don't have much (if any) problems at all, and in fact just having that option available enriches the roleplaying experience for their players. I really support the idea in general.
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 07 Jun 2016 17:23

Flaw there is that is it allowed to idle these days, thus people will just stay logged in, to prevent others from entering their house.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/