The Amenities and some conversations save the game.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ody
Hero

Re: The Amenities and some conversations save the game.

Post by Ody » 30 Jun 2016 18:34

Draugor wrote:He more feels like one of those wow kiddies that hasnt been taught any sense of manner (and look whos saying it O_O) "Yo"
Draugor wrote:I'm not even sure what you're doing here tbh, all you do is act like a douche :) Thats my job.

Kalvin Banesword
Beginner

Post by Kalvin Banesword » 30 Jun 2016 21:49

The glitch that makes you loose gear... would this be "quitting"? Cause if so... its not a glitch, rack it, hide it, do whatever with your gear, only saving stuff last through logging out as intended

OFc noone does, but guess what, we have a limited volounteer workforce of wizards, so it takes times and if noone reports it it wont get done at all as they dont run around looking for them. They are way to busy with other things, but if they recieve a report, the are usually going to fix in the very second they have time.

Text-MUDS are a different culture :P You havent noticed we're not stressed with finishing everything in 2 seconds as in the no-brain needed graphic games?
I'm not even sure what you're doing here tbh, all you do is act like a douche :) Thats my job.

Again, limited wizard workforce. The maps are not prio 1, guild recodes are.

Noone gives a shit about whats cool -.- The english used is to give a certain feel to the game so people can get away from the retard web-english "Lol! W00t R u doen!?" etc should eat people a bullet to the head. Visual stats destroy all any any feel to the game, you might want to explore WoW, wich seems to be your arena.

Again, limited wizard workforce. Report whats broken, they will usually notify you if they are not working as intended and has been fixed, or if they are working and you're just messing up.

This is not a game you "master" so to speak. If a mob aint there, you run along and find something else and come back to check on that particular mob later, quests relevant mobs I do agree on tho, shold be a shorter timer unless they hold a powerfull item, they should be limited.

Honestly? Catering to people who NEED numbers and/or quests that are piss easy to solve (make them optional already?) Might need to check another game out as the stats as is should be as they are. DO you run around in RL saying "I have 50 str, I've grown fast!"? :P Like a fucking putz? ROleplaying is acting like a character would if you where it. You play a role.

I will say this again as you seem to have a major problem understanding.

VOLOUNTEER WIZARD WORKFORCE. LIMITED WORKFORCE. Running around acting like a complete prick, calling them lazy and giving them orders is what a complete retard would do, so grats, how about you skitter off and play Hello kitty adventure island or something, they probably have numbers and fulls maps etc etc
I do love how much Nerd Rage I inspired in thee, Draugor,... I am not upset or anything by anyone else... but Draugor your attitude towards the problems and NOT trying to solve them are exactly why your title will never hold any water... IDK why put it on Chrome Store and try and reach the general player public which your website is begging the world to do in all kinds of ways, if you aren't in need of more players, which you probably will never keep cause your game is too annoying and hard, so annoying and hard you defend it like your drug of choice, lol...

Anyway your hatred of other MMOs and sticking to the readings, you must need this game/drug to live, for without it you would surely completely lose your mind, hence my use of the psychology aspect.

*clears throat* and finally, no, I won't be playing your boring, uninspiring, non-rewarding game cause I shouldn't have to <hide> my stash somewhere in a text fantasy just to keep it on my character when my fantasy character goes to sleep, if I slept IRL in bed with my wallet in my pocket, i.e. I would wake up in the real world the next morning with my wallet still in my pocket... You therefore sir, are not cool, nor is your game...

The game MUD, LPMUD is NOT INTERESTING ENOUGH! Not even 20 years ago!
To Battle!!!,
Rising Cadet, and loyal fellow,
Kalvin Banesword

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 30 Jun 2016 22:17

Kalvin Banesword wrote:Anyway your hatred of other MMOs and sticking to the readings, you must need this game/drug to live, for without it you would surely completely lose your mind, hence my use of the psychology aspect.
See? Now you get the spirit of what Genesis is about. :)

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 30 Jun 2016 22:32

Kalvin Banesword wrote:*clears throat* and finally, no, I won't be playing your boring, uninspiring, non-rewarding game cause I shouldn't have to <hide> my stash somewhere in a text fantasy just to keep it on my character when my fantasy character goes to sleep, if I slept IRL in bed with my wallet in my pocket, i.e. I would wake up in the real world the next morning with my wallet still in my pocket... You therefore sir, are not cool, nor is your game...

Also:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... 3414&hilit

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 30 Jun 2016 23:58

Kalvin Banesword wrote: *clears throat* and finally, no, I won't be playing your boring, uninspiring, non-rewarding game cause I shouldn't have to <hide> my stash somewhere in a text fantasy just to keep it on my character when my fantasy character goes to sleep, if I slept IRL in bed with my wallet in my pocket, i.e. I would wake up in the real world the next morning with my wallet still in my pocket... You therefore sir, are not cool, nor is your game...
Much to the contrary of a previous post of mine, I actually read this one.. (Mostly because Ody quoted it, but still..)
When I go to bed, I take off my clothes. This includes my wallet. Often, I take it out of my jeans and put it somewhere safe. I put any weapons I'm carrying in their respective places. I do this for several reasons.
Foremost, comfort. I don't know about yours, but my wallet is rather large and sleeping with it would not be comfortable. Also, have you ever tried sleeping with a sword tied to your hip? It does not work well.
Second, if someone breaks into my home, I'd rather they have to look through my belongings to find my wallet, rather than letting them pick my pocket as I sleep. (In Genesis, this isn't quite applicable, but whatever.)
Third, it's what normal well adjusted people do. (Dear god, I called myself normal and well adjusted.. What has my life come to..) The fact that you even mentioned - however hypothetically - sleeping in your clothes is, to me, appalling. The only kinds of people I can think of that would do that are peasants and soldiers on tour. And, honestly, I wouldn't believe you were a soldier even if I saw your dog-tags.

Keeping/losing items is no big deal. My characters sell/rack everything before they log out. When they log back in, they go kill some pathetic mob and take its weapon. Then they kill a better mob and take its weapon. It isn't that hard. If you have some fancy item you just can't stand to part with, you can <hide> it pretty easily. Or you can put it in a rack and leave a note on the board that says, "Hey this is mine." Then take the note when you take the item back. Or, if you're willing to actively play 24/7, then you can keep whatever it is for about 2 weeks. Then it'll probably get eaten by Armageddon.
You're just complaining about a few inconveniences to your otherwise perfect and majestic life. Would you like the wizards to recode the game so that mobs flock to you, stab themselves to "At Death's Door" and then give you their weapon for the killing blow? How about a travelling merchant that follows you around and buys all the crap you're getting too? (I better not say any more; we're not in Flames, atm..)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 01 Jul 2016 01:12

Melarec wrote:(I better not say any more; we're not in Flames, atm..)
We might be heading there soon!:)

Kalvin: Like I told you last time, you do have some good feedback, and It's possible you're trying to get us to "open our eyes" by using insults, but I think you'd have a lot more success by changing the tone in your posts though.

As the designer of the web page, and the graphic look we have on Chrome store (together with Denis Loubet), I can answer that one. Yes we do want to have a homepage that says "come play this game", and we do want our Chrome store page to say the same thing. Together with the new web client, that compared to other MUDs is very user-friendly (thanks to Cotillion, Eowul and more), our modernization of the MUD concept seems to be working pretty well, we get a lot of traffic thanks to these things, but we can become a lot better in keeping these new players around. I agree on that. But Genesis will never become a mainstream game, it's a niche game, and we don't need "everyone" to play it. The game could probably only handle 100-150ish players at the same time right now (not technically, but to be fun to play), and could we get there again it would be awesome, but it will always be a niche game, and not everyone will like it. Those who do like it usually get REALLY addicted though. Genesis is an acquired taste I suppose?

There's always things that could be improved of course, but we're not just gonna change the core of the game and 25 years of history in a heartbeat (even if we had the manpower to), in some attempt to become a mainstream game and attract thousands of players, which probably would require a paid staff, subscriptions/in-game purchases, etc. Genesis is free, will always be free, and is owned and developed by its players.

I do agree with you about EQ though. How EQ is handled is by far the biggest complaint new players have, and we've discussed a number of different ways to change that. I think it's something that would indeed make us keep more players. Of course, some old players would probably be quite upset if we changed one of the things that's been working like this for 25 years. So I guess we'll have to weigh pros and cons. And of course, us usual, someone would need to actually do the work to change it too, even if we decided to. But to keep new players longer, that would probably help, yes.

Taro
Adventurer

Post by Taro » 01 Jul 2016 03:51

Can we just ignore this kid?
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 01 Jul 2016 09:41

Cherek wrote: I do agree with you about EQ though.
So do I.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Jul 2016 09:45

Cherek wrote:
I do agree with you about EQ though. How EQ is handled is by far the biggest complaint new players have, and we've discussed a number of different ways to change that. I think it's something that would indeed make us keep more players. Of course, some old players would probably be quite upset if we changed one of the things that's been working like this for 25 years. So I guess we'll have to weigh pros and cons. And of course, us usual, someone would need to actually do the work to change it too, even if we decided to. But to keep new players longer, that would probably help, yes.

In that case, quick sollution, make banks rent out private boxes and the cost is based on the size of the one renting, 50 plats or something for a myth as some myths cant/wont grind cash :o

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 Jul 2016 09:49

Kalvin Banesword wrote:
I do love how much Nerd Rage I inspired in thee, Draugor,... I am not upset or anything by anyone else... but Draugor your attitude towards the problems and NOT trying to solve them are exactly why your title will never hold any water... IDK why put it on Chrome Store and try and reach the general player public which your website is begging the world to do in all kinds of ways, if you aren't in need of more players, which you probably will never keep cause your game is too annoying and hard, so annoying and hard you defend it like your drug of choice, lol...

Anyway your hatred of other MMOs and sticking to the readings, you must need this game/drug to live, for without it you would surely completely lose your mind, hence my use of the psychology aspect.

*clears throat* and finally, no, I won't be playing your boring, uninspiring, non-rewarding game cause I shouldn't have to <hide> my stash somewhere in a text fantasy just to keep it on my character when my fantasy character goes to sleep, if I slept IRL in bed with my wallet in my pocket, i.e. I would wake up in the real world the next morning with my wallet still in my pocket... You therefore sir, are not cool, nor is your game...

You really have no idea what nerdrage is? :P This is more of an "Annoyed by dumbass kid" kinda thing.

Also, I dont hate MMO's they have however produced morons of your high caliber :) Wich is nothing short of impressive

Also thank you, now sod off.

Addendum "cool"? Really? :P Here's something else thats old AF "The 90s called and wanted their word back". What happened to all the highly intelligent "Yo"'s you where sporting? :P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/